Ship Recycle gives you invalid blocks

===== FEEDBACK ON ISSUE =====

Currently when you Recycle ship to OCD it outputs a bunch of junk building pieces instead of the normal master block for those pieces.

Example:
You use player block “Windows L” right click and select Windows Corner (thin) and place it.

Recycle the ship, and you get “Windows Corner (thin)” instead of “Windows L”.

The problem is that “Windows Corner (thin)” doesn’t have a material cost, it can’t be used in the blueprint factory and it doesn’t deconstruct.
This screenshot is just from a couple small ships, only option I really have is to discard them, that’s a lot of lost silicon.

Now you can place it down, and then multitool it and it picks up as “Windows L” but this defeats the purpose of recycling. We are talking hundreds to thousands of these blocks, it’s not practical to place them all down to pick back up to “fix” them.

A lot of the windows do this. Ramps do this maybe a few others as well.
I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this behavior.

This occurs on RE servers.

Some additional block types that don’t recycle to their parent block:
Ramps do this
Shutters do this

Hey, @globeadue.

We know about the issue :slight_smile: I think EAH has a way to convert the trash to the real blocks, if set that way manually by us, but @RexXxuS would have to confirm if we can do that.

But it’s sadly not something there is a global fix for. It would only be possible to fix it for individual issues reported to us.

But if you can make a list with the exact names of the “fake” blocks, and the name of the real block, then that should help.

known issue for a very long time. Rex has stated in the past he just needs to block IDs when this happens. but then they change so he needs them again, and again, and again…

Hey,
yes, it’s known and some started with an ID collection already. Just need to start on it at some point. There are a lot of them everywhere and everyone defines junk different sometimes…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.