Ship stops responding to controls

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> This has happened 3 times now. The last one was last night (10/02/2021) at about 9.45pm GMT. I warped back from Homeworld Sector to Kratos via Sup Sun and Donare Sector. My ship stopped at about 200m above my bases location. The controls for the ship would not respond and the ship would not move. I could exit my cockpit and move about the ship proving that my controls were working, but when I re-entered the cockpit the ship would still not move. While I was out of the cockpit I spotted that my base had not rendered which may have been part of the same bug. This bug seems to happen just after moving from one playfield to another, but I cannot reproduce it on call.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> aeonbug

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 10/02/2021 at about 9.45pm GMT.

On which Playfield?
=> Kratos

Structure Name(s)?
=> FTL Predator 1b

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 289705

How can we help you now?
=> Has this bug been reported to Eleon? Had it happened in a PvP area I could have lost the ship. The bug can be overcome by logging out then relogging, but I am reluctant to go into PvP areas, which rather takes away the point of playing the game for me.

this fun bug has been around for a while. been seeing it much more frequently since 1.4

i found a post from back in December but no resolution as of yet. sometimes doing the hokey pokey with thruster power switches and hitting V a few times snaps u out of it.

1 Like

I tried to use the Supergate just now like you and it worked.
So it seems random… still, yes, Patch 1.4 messed up somehow with ship movements. I saw this a lot lately.
We try to investigate.

1 Like

Thank you @RexXxuS and @Bob for your replies. I had a horrible feeling that Eleon knew about it and had not tracked the problem down because of the ‘random’ nature of it.

Unfortunately, it does make playing in PvP an unacceptable risk even for a seasoned PvPer like me, especially when combined with some of the other PvP affecting bugs I have learned about. Such a shame that what could be a really good game is plagued by such game breaking bugs. Especially considering Eleon no longer consider the game to be in Alpha any more.

Anyway, thanks for trying to investigate the problems. I will try to reproduce the bug I have encountered in order to spot any commonalities that trigger it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.