Should anyone even build?

So I just started on the HWS server and while I was waiting for friends to log on, I spent a considerable amount of time building a large ship. With the impending 6.3 wipe, I don’t see a way to keep my blueprint (a full wipe supposedly clears blueprints). With this thought, it feels like building on this server is not something you should even attempt. Prefabs and small builds seem to be what you should do? Is this how you feel or is there a way to keep blueprints by donation or otherwise?

look at your ship and hit (right alt + “O”) to take a blueprint of any structure you have access to. You can then build it at any time from your f2 menu using raw ingots, or blocks/components.

1 Like

Even after a full wipe?

Blueprints are stored locally on your machine. You can make a blueprint on HWS, and build it in creative, or other server. Or vice versa. The resources are all that get wiped. And HWS offers an option to help with that, the OCD. I’d suggest looking into it. Even at lvl 1, it is a helluva lot better than your options elsewhere.

1 Like

Ok it sounds like I’ll be able to rebuild my ship after the full wipe as long as I have the resources.

1 Like

Its the same for all of us. We all make blueprints of our builds and respawn with the necessary materials post-wipe.

HWS has a Donation perk that lets you keep your BP resources.

That is a bit of a different subject, actually. In terms of ships already having been built, that doesnt help much. What it does is take any preloaded materials not converted to ships, and puts them in the OCD, if there is room. Completed blueprints are still lost on wipes.

is it really? How do you know if they don’t still have resources in their BP? The BP save resources perk go together with the OCD perk. like you was suggesting the OCD I was suggesting the BP save so if they did get OCD their resources wouldn’t go poof.

I am assuming you mean is it not related.
This is why:[quote=“Helios, post:1, topic:6337”]
So I just started on the HWS server and while I was waiting for friends to log on, I spent a considerable amount of time building a large ship. With the impending 6.3 wipe, I don’t see a way to keep my blueprint (a full wipe supposedly clears blueprints)
[/quote]

The question was about keeping a ship made while waiting on someone. Not about keeping resources already in the factory, but not built as a ship. :slight_smile: I didnt bring up the bp donation bit because if someone doesnt know how to blueprint a ship, it is unlikely they pre-loaded their factory with loads of resources that they have not spent on a ship yet.

I like how you use the word “unlikely” like they are new to HWS but not new to Empyrion? are you a psychic wizard? I was giving them information that they may or may not knew about since they are new to HWS.

Im gonna give you time to calmly go back and read the thread again. I am not here to argue, was just answering a simple question from someone who did not realize you could blueprint your own creations, on top of just using workshop/stock blueprints. aka Someone new to the game. Your information is accurate, and helpful, as I said. But not strictly related. That’s all. Have a great day.

[quote=“mcprouty, post:12, topic:6337”]
I am not here to argue,
[/quote] Yes you are don’t lie to yourself like that!

So your saying BP resources are not related to keeping your BP?

guys… please read the donate package properly, the BP perk only keeps the resources into it and transfere’s the ‘ignots’ which are in into your ocd, you need space in your ocd to keep these.

If your afraid about loosing your bp’s in the game (god knows its happened before), simply load your bp’s into a creative game and save the game, easy.

all the best and see you in game

:wink:

True, this will help, unless you re-install :slight_smile: which is the most common cause of lost blueprints. Like I said before, blueprints are stored locally on your machine though. So you can go to your steam/common/empyrion/saves/blueprints folder and save a copy of it elsewhere. Voila! Blueprint backups.