Sniper (T1) does not work - bug of server or game?

I’m quite new, and just created a T1Shotgun, T1 Sniper, T2 Assaultrifle
From these guns, by the stats, the sniper is the strongest with 100 HP damage per shot.

I’ve tested it extensively and in comparison to the Shotgun and Assaultrifle it’s completely useless and does not do any real damage.
The typical animals I’ve tested were Alien bugs T1-T3 or spiders

A spider needs 1-2 shots from the rifle or shotgun.
It needs 10-20 shots from the sniper, it needs 2-3 magazines to kill the low level animal…

Regardless of distance, zoom/no zoom

So clearly something seems really wrong here, the sniper is by FAR the weakest gun I have.
Only compareable to the basic projectile pistol you got in the beginning.

We run by different rules here so to speak. We have a configuration called EWS that changes what the weapons are good against.

Try this link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uxoPbrFKitNpAbOTHwXrMG4Ms1bHQsd1jzPt1v40kzw/htmlview

And try to get headshots, that helps a lot. But Rex also upped the health of mobs so that might have something to do with it and the T1 might need some tweaking also.

1 Like

Oh ok, well I like the effective/not effective tweak (I never played vanilla)
But with the sniper it’s a huge immersion killer.

So as I understand it:
The shotgun against the body did 10x damage, so it kills with 1 shot.
The assault rifle was T2 so it did 10x damage on body too, 1 shot
The sniper is T1, so only HEAD is effective which is tiny with a spider -> 10+ shots
The T2 sniper would have solved it but it’s much more lategame.

The system needs some tweaking, it just makes no sense that a sniper is so much worse than a full auto rifle.

Also strange that the assault rifle T2 (which is a low level gun) is effective against METAL.
I’ve not tried any PVP yet but that sounds bad.
A single assault rifle can take down my HC with ease that way

Hello @lirezh

best to try it out ingame rather than checking theory stats.

I just tested the Sniper T1 for example and it is not that of a great Spider killer indeed. To hit the head of them is quite hard but if you do on a Spider 2 for example you get something like this

So 10x 100 damage on a 800 Health spider would look differently indeed.

I rebalanced the Sniper T1 a bit for the new season next week.
Damage from 100 to 200 but Ammo Capacity from 6 to 3 to differentiate it good from the powerful T2 Sniper.

The Sniper overall should just be a very deadly “one-shot” gun for the distance. Once you pulled the aggro of NPCs you should switch to a different gun.

Regarding the Assault Rifle it just sounds bad on paper. Try it out and see if it can kill your HV with ease.
The reason for that btw is that if you look on all guns I follow a line where bullets, which can penetrate stuff, have certain damage to devices (Cannon, Railgun, Pulse Rifle, etc.)

Thanks for the feedback!

Ah I wasn’t aware it’s you who’s running the server.
Nice to hear the rebalance, I wanted to suggest something like that. Sounds more like a good starting sniper that way.
It could even be a 1 magazine sniper with strong shots, in most FPS the first snipers are single shot. Powerful but only for single hits. Once you progress you can get the multishot ones (either with high damage and small mag or lower damage with larger mag)

I appreciate the work you invest in the server.

Eh yes, it’s me :wink: and Jascha and some great helpers.

Yeah, playing Open Beta Battlefield 5 shows the power of the old Snipers again :wink:

I see if I can make a “remodel” Sniper if the current one won’t be that good.

Like we have a complete different weapon with the Epic Rocket Launcher. It’s a S.T.I.N.G.E.R - try it.

Thanks and glad you like it so far! Stay tuned for the next season.

I tested some guns and they don’t seem to do metal damage anymore.
Before I could pop steel and hardened steel with T2 assault, yesterday I tried again and no damage.
Tested on steel (lowest level HC) and armored concrete (base) both seemed invulnerable.
I also tested a T2 sniper.

Were there balancement changes ?

You were in a pvp area right? If you have moved on to pve that would explain it.

omg
hiding under carpet

lol Happens to the best of us bro :wink: