Solar base running dry when logging out

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
Full solar powered base with full capacitors dry when I login again. The day/night cycle on this planet is 16mins, when I’m logged the base easily gets over the night with the full capacitors. just when I logout, it runs dry.

I haven’t had this issue before on any base, is it new with 1.5 patch?

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=>

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
This morning 07:00 server time

On which Playfield?
SITRI Delta → QTAKV 6794 II

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 31086766

How can we help you now?
=> no idea, explain if i’m stupid or is it a bug?

solar can be tricky on planets. because of the day and night time schedule mainly. take a look at the statistics page of the control panel and be sure that your power consumption is below your average solar output. if it is, then there could be a possible bug. if not though, your draining more power than you’re actually collecting on an average basis. planetary bases have many drawbacks, it is highly recommended to do solar in space for full efficiency.

I know, it’s not the first planet base I built on solar-only. Avg. Output of solar is 600+, idle-usage is 180… I’m bad at math but not that bad :wink:

I checked a couple of times, if I’m online everything is working smooth as always. there is enough solar power to charge the capacitoris to get through the night. But if I’m offline, it seems the consumption stays the same but the solar doesn’t produce anything…

then my best guess is there was a change made when the play field unloads with no players in it and solar power is no longer being generated. sounds like something the developers need to know about…

they may try to blame it on the scenario though so I would test in vanilla settings just to be 100% before submitting a bug report. if it is the scenario though that would be up to the creators of the scenario to fix :frowning:

do we have an vanilla test server?

So I just checked:
Sunset capactor charge: 5946 kW
Idle-Consumption: 187W
Sunrise: 5731kW
Next Sunset: 6403kW

so i think my math is right…

Sry for delay.
Afaik Patch 1.5 changed the Sun logic here and there. But should be only visual.
Can’t help you with that one unfortunately. Best to ask around in the community or as Bob suggested via a Bug ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.