Someone please explain me meteorite droprates

Not THIS however is a known bug, and will result in reduced meteor spawns. Only way to fix it at this state is to surface wipe, and hand dig the deposit this time.

lol oh also I dont think anyone wants to have ocd level above 5. 6 and 7 are new for this version, and are at the moment unattainable.

Well you might dont want to get ocd lvl 5,6,7 but some people who like to pvp want it, and also some people who like to pvp like me are unable to go for pvp because of the RP lose / per death. too, So i pesonaly only farm and then i logout which is so boring for me. And after 1 month of playing in the server from 4.0 i managed to get my gold,bc AMs to lvl 10 and have OCD lvl 4 and now i have the money to upgrade it to lvl 5 but i dont do that because I use them to get more with the interest of the bank since i can’t get enough from farming.

In the empyrions forum i gave them an idea about how to fix the drain ammo exploit when someone wants to raid a base,
So if they do it that i doubt, then our awesome server will remove the RP/death lose and then the server will be more intersting because of pvp i believe…

Let me rephrase that. no single person is meant to obtain that. You quote 500 something days. Now try with a faction of ten, all mining and contributing to a single one. Thats when lvl 6 or eventually MAYBE 7 might be possible

Just to clear out the ocd lvl 7 it’s impossible ! And even a whole faction farms gold meteorites, the meteorites are limited to 1 per homeworld planet as i mentioned above, so the faction will get the ocd lvl 6 after 1-2 months i guess.
But what about the solo players? not everyone want to risk to be in a faction.
And what about the new players? which is even harder for them to get some gold for level up their AMs…
We must take under consideration them too.

Ya I run the largest trader faction, and have NO intention of even trying for ocd 7. why would I when I could get millions every day from just interest for the same amount of money

If what Falcon says is accurate then yes meteorite drops should be drastically increased. That is not enough droprate even for solo, nevermind for 100+ people on server.

And by the way someone idiot used weapons or the terrain removal to deplete gold deposits on 2 homewold planets and now these planets dont drop gold meteorites and the deposits are still there visible but empty!!!

Actually that guy who tried that was very smart. The problem is that this now bugs in 5.0. Devs should fix this. I have the same problem on my home planet on PVE server with magnesium as I posted in another topic (with evidence of bug).

OCD 6+7
Note that OCD lvl5 is the max you want. 6 & 7 is not worth the coins. Even if I had that much credits I would not buy it. Interest is better than upgrading the OCD. Besides level 6&7 costs feel as if it was created just in case someone would some day get so many credits that he now no longer has the excuse “what to do with so many credits?”. Now you can waste them on something useless like OCD 6&7.

Assuming there is only one planet that you farm and that you teleport and drill every meteorite that drops instantly and assuming that there is always at least 1 gold meteorite dropping every 10 minutes that gives you 35k credits and assuming you use them in the elemental bank and already having a lvl5 and 0 credits. Then it takes you:

• 20200 meteorites
  • 140.3 days of 24/7 farming without disconnection nor death
  • 3.8+ years (farm every day, non-stop, day and night) to get one for everybody in a faction of 10

Forget it. Lvl 5 is max. Not even 6 (which is doable) is worth the credits. I personally wouldn’t spend more than 15 million for BOTH together. They may as well not even exist at all.

Just to confirm what mcprouty said:

1. Totally untrue. You don’t have to mine anything. I generally land my CV and sit inside it stocking my HV and crafting spares until a meteorite drops. You really need not do anything other than be on the playfield.

2. You have a set number of meteorites, generally ~4. Nothing you ever do will cause there to be “MORE” meteorites. This was very obvious in 3.4 when you could see all metorites on the map. As soon as you mined one down enough another would fall out of the sky.

3. There is ZERO chance of you getting a meteorite that contains a resource not native to the planet. Zero. You will NEVER see sathium on a starter planet.

4. Shooting meteorites you do not want to mine is the accepted best practice for speeding up mining of a specific type of ore. I shoot everything that is not Sathium and have never ever had a problem with consistent meteorite spawns.

But in 4.0 the meteorite spawn was waay way way higher than in 5.0. I clearly notice it. And I really hope that we get a poll or whatever to increase the droprate. I personally get so bored waiting for one to drop that I may even alt-tab, watch movie, until I hear that “ding” sound from the meteor message. Or I just give up (more likely).

Again I suggest:

• more frequent meteorite droprates
  • more ores in basic meteorites (iron, copper, silicon, cobalt)
  • buff T2 drill for underwater drilling OR allow HV’s to do this. Right now underwater meteorite = troll.
  • slightly increase meteorite amount for underwater meteorites (ebcause they are harder to spot)
  • add ore-scanner to HV and buff max speed. Right now you still kinda need a CV for it to scan the planet for meteorites. Also can not use SV for this… So alternatively allow docking of HV to SV.

Supposedly radar improvements are coming. I hope an ore scanner is one of the things they add.

The only thing I miss from 3.4 is the ability to see meteorites on the map. I have watched at least a full season of Defiance in the time I spent driving around looking for meteorites - and it’s a pretty dumb show so I don’t appreciate having to look for meteorites.

1 Like

I know the feeling. Even worse when you find out there are none at all. Sometimes a planet refuses to drop meteorites for a loooong time after a server restart and I dunno why. Or it dropped it in the minute before I got there and all dropped them under water near the north pole border or something.

You know when you are alone on desert planet (no hills, no water), after restart, flew around planet 6x. 0 meteorites. Waited 15 minutes, still 0 drops…

Try creating a stupid cheap hv bp, and just spawning it once you get to the meteorite. then break it down and put in factory til you find next meteorite. That lets you fly around a barebones sv with some fuel in your pocket looking for meteorites. far more fuel efficient than flying cv dropship with attached hv

Yeah but have you ever found an SV that’s trying to mine while you’re in an HV? Have you SEEN what 1 arty shell does to an SV? It’s really really funny.

A warpsled CV is all you really need. Dock multiple HVs to it, undock the ones you aren’t using and leave them powered up for protection, go mine in your HV and hope you run into someone in an SV. It’ll be the highlight of the day.

Fair enough. We dont normally find too much opposition when we are mining. Scheduling it and all that. But if you are expecting it that makes way more sense.

To be fair, I’ve only found 1 SV myself. On the other hand, @Xanif killed a CV with his HV (not a parked one, an actual flying CV that thought it found easy prey) and another guy in LBP ran into a base with his HV and managed to smash it (and when he fixed the HV he didn’t apply the right texture to the blocks so I had to refix it :rage: )

I really really hate mining on foot. It puts you in a position where you are instantly killed by any vehicle in game. I would not recommend doing it on a PvP world. An HV and warp sled are cheap and far safer on planets.

You can fly your real CV, park it in deep space, build an HV warp sled, load it up with HV ammo, fly to the planet. Spawn an HV, load it with ammo from the sled, go mining. When done load the HV back on the sled and leave it in deep space for next time you want to mine.

1 Like

Then plz tell me why I got gold, zas, ere and sath meteor drops on lava world, hint lava world doesn’t have all those deposits… your info is incorrect as well.

I understand if you say my other info may be incorrect as they where theory and chance can sometimes connect the dots where there is no line.

It did. They got mined out. That’s why you started getting meteorite spawns. Please learn the game.

3 Likes

You do realise when you open the map on the bottom right it shows which deposits are on the map

…ok but when they’re totally mined out it shows nothing at all.

I find you telling me that I’m bad and Empyrion incredibly funny.

2 Likes

More players = faster drops, meteor at 10% = new meteor up to the max number of meteors, they randomly drop near players

I hope one day we’ll have random multi ressources meteors with a few amount of rare ore (1% gold, zasc, 35% iron, 25% copper, ect) so we can be surprised by a good drop and tell friends.

Just tested now seems your right Mordgier they get removed from map once you get them to 0% -_- seems retarded to me, how are people supposed to know which minerals are on the planet if people can just hide them by taking them to 0%…

1 Like