Someone please explain me meteorite droprates

I’m on a planet after restart, waited for 15 minutes. No meteorites dropped, not one. Flew around planet a few times to check waters but nope. I know that, that particular planet can drop meteorites because it did so before.

Went to another planet, mined out some deposits to force meteorites to spawn. Waited, waited, waited, nothing… Gave up and went back home.

Why some days some planets drop 0 and some other days they drop 4-5 in 20 seconds…

What is the special dance that I must perform to get meteorites.

Also I noticed that some planets spawn WAY more meteorites than others. No idea what this is based on.

Meteors in homeworld are pita only 3 4 on planet at any time.

From what I have seen, drop rates while you are in a sv, particularly if you are only one on planet, are almost nil. That is why I tell people to ge out and walk around, pick some bc or something. After a while, they seem to drop regularly til max cap is hit, and generally near active players.

Theory:
1: Not sure if this still works it used to in 2.0, you can mine anywhere on the planet to start meteors from falling it doesn’t have to be a deposit.

2: The more the meteors get mined the more they spawn and the more drop at any given time, hence why home-world has less spawns than other pvp planets that people have been living on :stuck_out_tongue: ours has at any given time around 5-10 on the surface.

3: Again not sure if this works it used to in 2.0 but, the more you mine those meteorites the higher the chance is of resources meteors falling that isn’t part of the resource deposit types so if your planet has iron and mag, there is a tiny chance of it spawning cobalt aswell and eventually gold :stuck_out_tongue:

4: Shooting meteors with guns does not cuase meteors to fall it just lowers everything back down again to its starter state, so be careful with those SV plasma cannons, same as digging your base out by shooting the ground it wont cuase any spawns.

Ya none of those are accurate. Sorry.[quote=“Kogami, post:5, topic:3318”]
1: Not sure if this still works it used to in 2.0, you can mine anywhere on the planet to start meteors from falling it doesn’t have to be a deposit.

2: The more the meteors get mined the more they spawn and the more drop at any given time, hence why home-world has less spawns than other pvp planets that people have been living on :stuck_out_tongue: ours has at any given time around 5-10 on the surface.

3: Again not sure if this works it used to in 2.0 but, the more you mine those meteorites the higher the chance is of resources meteors falling that isn’t part of the resource deposit types so if your planet has iron and mag, there is a tiny chance of it spawning cobalt aswell and eventually gold :stuck_out_tongue:

4: Shooting meteors with guns does not cuase meteors to fall it just lowers everything back down again to its starter state, so be careful with those SV plasma cannons, same as digging your base out by shooting the ground it wont cuase any spawns.
[/quote]

1 Like

More resources for me and less for people that don’t test and experiment then :slight_smile: figure it out yourself, you literally posted within the same hour you havn’t even tested before saying they not accurate :slight_smile:

The meteorites at homeworld planets are very few for so many people in the server. Each planet has only 1 meteorite for each rare resource and if you mine 1 meteorite of 1 resource type the same meteorite will fall again in 5-10 mins as i noticed. (i think that only 1 meteo of each rare resource it’s ok because they give enough for what we need, except the gold meteorites)
Moreover the gold meteorite gives 500-600 ores (25k-30k CR) which is VERY FEW for someone who need to make some money to level up his ocd or AM and he have to spend there hours risking to lose everything he farmed while he was there…
I believe that the admins should increase the amount of gold meteorites in homeworld planets at least 3 per planet…
And by the way someone idiot used weapons or the terrain removal to deplete gold deposits on 2 homewold planets and now these planets dont drop gold meteorites and the deposits are still there visible but empty!!!

PS: If someone wants to get ocd lvl 6 and he farm like 5 gold meteorites per day = 5x25k = 125.000 CR , ocd lvl 6 cost 70.000.000 CR , / 125.000 CR = 560 days . so we have to spend our lives to get it , personaly i won’t do that,
I “leave” for you to make the maths for ocd lvl 7.

PS2: When and if someone ever get the ocd lvl 7 after 20-40 years please come and post here !!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have spent over a thousand hours in game since start of 4.0, and have a computer science degree. Testing how things work is what I do. Things you say are completely and specifically contrary to what I have seen, for example blowing up meteors meaning it resets the spawn rate back to some imaginary state before that and reducing the drop rate. Also when you say random meteors can drop of a random type. Advice like that is just going to waste a LOT of someones time. I can say for sure that I have NEVER seen a meteorite of a type other than what the planet naturally holds. That would defeat the point of going to new planets to get new mats.

1 Like

Not THIS however is a known bug, and will result in reduced meteor spawns. Only way to fix it at this state is to surface wipe, and hand dig the deposit this time.

lol oh also I dont think anyone wants to have ocd level above 5. 6 and 7 are new for this version, and are at the moment unattainable.

Well you might dont want to get ocd lvl 5,6,7 but some people who like to pvp want it, and also some people who like to pvp like me are unable to go for pvp because of the RP lose / per death. too, So i pesonaly only farm and then i logout which is so boring for me. And after 1 month of playing in the server from 4.0 i managed to get my gold,bc AMs to lvl 10 and have OCD lvl 4 and now i have the money to upgrade it to lvl 5 but i dont do that because I use them to get more with the interest of the bank since i can’t get enough from farming.

In the empyrions forum i gave them an idea about how to fix the drain ammo exploit when someone wants to raid a base,
So if they do it that i doubt, then our awesome server will remove the RP/death lose and then the server will be more intersting because of pvp i believe…

Let me rephrase that. no single person is meant to obtain that. You quote 500 something days. Now try with a faction of ten, all mining and contributing to a single one. Thats when lvl 6 or eventually MAYBE 7 might be possible

Just to clear out the ocd lvl 7 it’s impossible ! And even a whole faction farms gold meteorites, the meteorites are limited to 1 per homeworld planet as i mentioned above, so the faction will get the ocd lvl 6 after 1-2 months i guess.
But what about the solo players? not everyone want to risk to be in a faction.
And what about the new players? which is even harder for them to get some gold for level up their AMs…
We must take under consideration them too.

Ya I run the largest trader faction, and have NO intention of even trying for ocd 7. why would I when I could get millions every day from just interest for the same amount of money

If what Falcon says is accurate then yes meteorite drops should be drastically increased. That is not enough droprate even for solo, nevermind for 100+ people on server.

And by the way someone idiot used weapons or the terrain removal to deplete gold deposits on 2 homewold planets and now these planets dont drop gold meteorites and the deposits are still there visible but empty!!!

Actually that guy who tried that was very smart. The problem is that this now bugs in 5.0. Devs should fix this. I have the same problem on my home planet on PVE server with magnesium as I posted in another topic (with evidence of bug).

OCD 6+7
Note that OCD lvl5 is the max you want. 6 & 7 is not worth the coins. Even if I had that much credits I would not buy it. Interest is better than upgrading the OCD. Besides level 6&7 costs feel as if it was created just in case someone would some day get so many credits that he now no longer has the excuse “what to do with so many credits?”. Now you can waste them on something useless like OCD 6&7.

Assuming there is only one planet that you farm and that you teleport and drill every meteorite that drops instantly and assuming that there is always at least 1 gold meteorite dropping every 10 minutes that gives you 35k credits and assuming you use them in the elemental bank and already having a lvl5 and 0 credits. Then it takes you:

• 20200 meteorites
  • 140.3 days of 24/7 farming without disconnection nor death
  • 3.8+ years (farm every day, non-stop, day and night) to get one for everybody in a faction of 10

Forget it. Lvl 5 is max. Not even 6 (which is doable) is worth the credits. I personally wouldn’t spend more than 15 million for BOTH together. They may as well not even exist at all.

Just to confirm what mcprouty said:

1. Totally untrue. You don’t have to mine anything. I generally land my CV and sit inside it stocking my HV and crafting spares until a meteorite drops. You really need not do anything other than be on the playfield.

2. You have a set number of meteorites, generally ~4. Nothing you ever do will cause there to be “MORE” meteorites. This was very obvious in 3.4 when you could see all metorites on the map. As soon as you mined one down enough another would fall out of the sky.

3. There is ZERO chance of you getting a meteorite that contains a resource not native to the planet. Zero. You will NEVER see sathium on a starter planet.

4. Shooting meteorites you do not want to mine is the accepted best practice for speeding up mining of a specific type of ore. I shoot everything that is not Sathium and have never ever had a problem with consistent meteorite spawns.

But in 4.0 the meteorite spawn was waay way way higher than in 5.0. I clearly notice it. And I really hope that we get a poll or whatever to increase the droprate. I personally get so bored waiting for one to drop that I may even alt-tab, watch movie, until I hear that “ding” sound from the meteor message. Or I just give up (more likely).

Again I suggest:

• more frequent meteorite droprates
  • more ores in basic meteorites (iron, copper, silicon, cobalt)
  • buff T2 drill for underwater drilling OR allow HV’s to do this. Right now underwater meteorite = troll.
  • slightly increase meteorite amount for underwater meteorites (ebcause they are harder to spot)
  • add ore-scanner to HV and buff max speed. Right now you still kinda need a CV for it to scan the planet for meteorites. Also can not use SV for this… So alternatively allow docking of HV to SV.

Supposedly radar improvements are coming. I hope an ore scanner is one of the things they add.

The only thing I miss from 3.4 is the ability to see meteorites on the map. I have watched at least a full season of Defiance in the time I spent driving around looking for meteorites - and it’s a pretty dumb show so I don’t appreciate having to look for meteorites.

1 Like

I know the feeling. Even worse when you find out there are none at all. Sometimes a planet refuses to drop meteorites for a loooong time after a server restart and I dunno why. Or it dropped it in the minute before I got there and all dropped them under water near the north pole border or something.

You know when you are alone on desert planet (no hills, no water), after restart, flew around planet 6x. 0 meteorites. Waited 15 minutes, still 0 drops…

Try creating a stupid cheap hv bp, and just spawning it once you get to the meteorite. then break it down and put in factory til you find next meteorite. That lets you fly around a barebones sv with some fuel in your pocket looking for meteorites. far more fuel efficient than flying cv dropship with attached hv