Something needs to be done

Hah. Other factions have done this plenty of times over the seasons, but ABN does it and ABN BAD! So sick of this crap.

Found it
Continuing the discussion from HWS Police - Report a crime:

At the time of this OCD was not allowed to be used on starter planets. You can’t compare something from 2018 to the server now, a LOT has changed since then.

The issue isn’t that PVP is happening, more that far experienced players are using advantages they’ve accumulated over multiple seasons to kill new players OR players that do not have as many advantages.

They had Bases down, we had a guy with a detector on an SV
They stayed for days, our guys were there a couple hours

i was there and we rekt acp , we had a base and they had a base and they even attacked us first and this is all happening away from spawn in point … we did not bottleneck the random spawn ins … anyways back to acp i pulled heats out of my ocd and gave some to my mates and we blasted them to hell on their beachside base. great memory he was so salty he described it as " “camping” starter area with base" but in reality we had a fair fight minus the fact they didnt have sv heat lol RIP
2018 i agree state

So you had OCD access, and Rex still ruled

Actually I think the Pirate PVP planet was the only one who allowed it (outside of the new Prototype planet) that season and it was the first time for it. All the seasons are blending together. I’ll edit my post

When I first started on this server I did not dare try and start on a pvp starter because I knew there was no way I could defend myself if a bigger party rolled up on me. Hence, there were PLENTY of other starter planets. Once I was able to get established I would venture out to pvp. This server offers so much in way of protecting people from pvp which has its draw. BUT the fact remains you do not have to choose pvp start.

OCD will ALWAYS bring a huge advantage when playing regardless if on a starter or on Golden Globe or any pvp playfield.

Why have a starter pvp if there is going to be rules as to how you can engage in pvp? My suggestion is take out pvp starters or don’t enforce complaints there.

3 Likes

At the end of the day kills on Hws Kill board do not show how good you are as a pilot. imo Wanting kills in that manner knowing the most major CON, is players not wanting to play anymore. easy rp gain i guess also justifying it with a perspective of you are making players salty,so it makes em more determined to grind and get into pvp is chancy, based on a certain type of player, what about the rest that dont come back and would have kept the server healthy population wise. you know that as u did it imo and dont care . its kinda silly because all the money you put into the server to survive is now going down the drain, because pushing population away is not good long term choice.

I never said we didn’t, but I did state that I was warned to move on by @RexXxuS that as a veteran I have no place on starter PvP. Since then I have abided by that unwritten rule he gave me and always went PvE, and I understood why.

Would it be better off disabling OCD from pirate starter orbit altogether? Maybe, as it would force an even playfield altogether to PvP with sparse resources. As the eternally AFK @TheState said, it’s been a couple years since that issue with Op4, I hope Ranzeth has no hard feelings about it…

taco u and colin did the tower thing as u can see in screen shot 2 carpenterbee thats my blueprint and i never was around for the colin and taco tower story…

i remember this wipe well because i jumped out of my sv and into the water killing rookie and ranz with c4 cuz they were hiding from me in the water looting with drone and blowing up their base forcing ranz to go freelancer he was so mad…

also want to add in screen shot 1 it shows me flying over it big deal… this is a fine example just like the russians and their video … showing me using a sv docked to my tank as a shield … they are from russia playing on NA . It was a visual glitch! im sick of these petty meow tactics … that visual glitch was seen also by other players im glad i didnt get punished for that one anyways awareness to edited video’s or screen shots used in a lame manner that is all…

Looks like you weren’t cut out for CoD… are you suggesting you would still be playing that game if you didn’t get spawn camped? Did you have other options for spawning?

Alt F4 is always an option!

I feel like if perhaps the OCD was disabled on Pirate Journey and those that wish to get their kills on can do so for 50 hours using the survival techniques they picked up over the seasons they learned and make the game interesting, like the game style of pubG. And if they cant get enough they can use the reset command to do it over again, really make the experience what people want. A lawless sector to really prove that you can survive in such harsh conditions without the handicap of god ships that really should not be there.

A planet and moon system all on its own connected to a star where tutorial pirate and the HQ sit in different parts. The moon can have rare resources so making your way there would be rewarding so you can come back and get better kills and still be ruthless, however this is fine because your still limited to 50 hours.

I just feel after a fresh wipe a lot of players feel like we are all starting on an even playing field and we should all enjoy a good shoot out at that kind of equal start. So taking away the OCD on this new formed Pirate Journey and coming out of it is a true test of your skills rather then just pulling out a god ship from a OCD farm you got without effort.

If you still want OCD perhaps a way to limit the OCD is to obtain lvl 5 or 10 depending on what you want used at the start of spawn and earn the rest of lvl 25 once you warp out of the sector? That way most of the weapons you can use are severely limited to tier 1 or 2 which is not as harsh and you cant use advanced thrusters to race to each kill in less than a second?

The murdering will still happen. I killed almost 10 different people in the first 5 minutes just with the minigun/pistol without pulling from OCD. Equip that minigun on your way down!

Anyways, I support no OCD on Pirate Journey Planet/Space. It will need a teleporter though to get out of there for those that just want instant 25 and off starter.

1 Like

No it wasn’t spawn camping, it is from all those that lack skills having to use an aimbot to shoot through the walls of the map. No skill whatsoever having to resort to an aimbot, and I refuse to be someones fodder for 2 seconds of gameplay each round.

My apologies for my misunderstanding! But yes, straight up cheating will turn even the most dedicated people away from a game. Of course, there was no hacking in the situation the original poster is talking about.

In reply to Oz teleporter, I see you guys talk that PVP starter should not be easy to get off world, after being told to Git Gud after being spawn killed multiple times and told to reset that doesn’t mean these same players who say “Git Gud or do reset” should have access to a teleporter. Lets not have double standards here, if you claim to have skill you don’t need an easy button.

1 Like