Starter hotel

@RexXxuS @Jascha and to other staff.

If im correct the starter planets will be over populated when the next season starts again.
I was wondering that could it be possible to create “hotel”, a big building with many rooms that players could log in somehow to get a room lock code and settle in. Rooms should have 1 constructor and few boxes to keep their gear safe untill they leave the planet. If the hotel has lets say 100 rooms that could mean 100 less cores on starter. Maybe throw in a spawnpad too to use by the residences. You could charge for a room too, some prize that noobs are capable and willing to pay? Might drive more people to get their daily loot too. If your a newb and dont have money, they would need to use connect to get their daily to pay for the room atleast once.

2 Likes

Good idea but if you put even small price to it, the new players just build their own home instead.
This could be linked to starter quests. “Check in to hotel” or smthing like that :stuck_out_tongue: and offer reward instead of making them pay for it. This way some might not bother to build home in starter.

2 Likes

Thats a very good idea… Only problem: Who sets lockcodes for 100 times (lets say) 5 devices :thinking:
Sadly we can’t do it with the tool yet… That would have been good.

Could you use same mechanics that you use when buying freelancer escape pod?

And code on the door would be enough. If the same code is used for everything then only one code for the door is enough. If someone hacks the code, you allready know the code so the same code for every machine is useless. If theres a different code for every machine that would be annoying.

I don’t see a possibility from the outside. Maybe @RexXxuS ahs an Idea.
Otherwise a possibility would be to have someone help us out before the server boots up publicly the first time.

1 Like

I would love to say i could feed the codes but i have 2 kids and sometimes angry woman so im not sure if i could do it at the time =D

I generally take the day off when reset so lmk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

this is indeed a great idea and believe me, for very long time on my list.
But how can this be done?

I implemented already public spawn pads on each starter planet around 0 0 0 coordinates but if someone is starting on the opposite planet side it takes hours / days until he reaches it.
So this is problem 1.

EDIT: I got an idea… it requires Jascha magic but it’s perfect!
Wait for it… :slight_smile:

Coming soon… EGS Hotel

A new HWS Feature :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:grimacing: what did we say… :zipper_mouth_face: oh no…Not yet another idea :scream:
:rofl:

6 Likes

well… you can hire say 2 people each starter… As payment, they get a bigger room, maybe with a furnace. And a XL supply pack for free!
Maybe make it so they can move from and to the starters also? Just to manage the hotel and take care of the guest =D hehe

I would do it… but there had to be some rules… (like not going back just to pick up people, giving stuff etc)
Of course the 7 day delete has to be removed for the hotel manager…

Will this even be an issue now that 8.2 is public? The problem before was 255 cores on one planet, now with DSL implemented the core limits could be eased up a bit shouldn’t it?

True… but is it working for real now? each time i go away, everything stops at my base… sprouts, constructors

1 Like

I have long hoped that we could rent the apartments in the EGS star! :wink:

2 Likes

An other solution could be to make a camp, with a lot of open constuctors ans stuff so the people kan use the startership a storrage and de constructors to build up the ship. You could build a camp every 90 degrees on the planet, so that there are 4 cams that the walkingdistanse is not far. Lock spawning of ships on the planet so people will learn to ise the startership. Core problem solved?

More like a bouncing board than a stock up you say? Think about the noobs… now think if you could rent a place, lets say suite, for your entire sguad? Then what?

who would that be… most people like us and now more and more new players would have a plan for the next season!