Starter System and HQ planets

So, I was thinking of how to use 8.0 and make the starter system both fun and friendly to players. My suggestion is as follows:

Create one large playfield with the following Planets:

Large Planet: (Not Temperate, but not so deadly it’s not viable) PVP (Contains: Rare minerals, no gold) (Fun POIs)(no wipe)
1 Faction base/0 Private {Class 1 Max)
0 Faction CV/0 Private
99 Faction SV/1 Private (Class 3 Max)
99 Faction HV/1 Private (Class 3 Max)

Alliance HQ moon (PVE/Temperate) (No rare materials)(Faction Restricted)(no wipe)
1 Faction Base/0 Private (Class 1 Max)
2 Faction CV/0 Private (Class 1 Max)

Lawless HQ moon (PVE/Temperate) (No rare materials)(Faction Restricted)(no wipe)

Freelancer HQ moon (PVE/Temperate) (No rare materials)(Faction Restricted)(no wipe)

Alliance Start moon (Temperate) (only starter materials)(Faction Restricted)(Weekly wipe)
1 Faction Base/1 Private (Class 1 Max)
1 Faction CV/1 Private (Class 1 Max)

Lawless Start moon (Temperate) (only starter materials)(Faction Restricted)(Weekly wipe)

Freelancer Start moon (Temperate) (only starter materials)(Faction Restricted)(Weekly wipe)

Playfield Orbit (PVP) (Monthly wipes)
5 Faction Base/1 Private (Class 2 Max)
5 Faction CV/1 Private (Class 3 Max)

This would cause players to leave the Starter Moons fairly quickly but still have the option to be safe. They should initially migrate to their HQ moon, except the larger factions which are likely to build on both the HQ (PVE) and the Large planet. If you wanted to you could sell EGS bunkers to the extremely large factions on the Large planet. This would make them very special as they would be larger then any base a person could build. And gives an EGS service.

The result of this would encourage small scale pvp over resources using SVs and very small CVs. And in theory, allow a starting player to figure out if they want to be in someones faction early in their game.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion!
I’m on the HWS 8 universe now and will see if I can integrate it to a certain degree!
We will see and stay tuned - a lot is possible now. Fail or win are very close this time.

Would allowing the starter planet and hq planet be freely accessible be an issue? I am not quite sure on the space outside of those planets being pvp but smallish vessel capable not causing issues with the pve players. The thought is that it promotes light sv pvp all the time without risking a ship that took a long time to build.

As I was just brain storming when I wrote that, it could lead to an interesting game but, could also cause the pve players to complain. Alternatively you could just make the space around those planets ECC space with an ECC space stations. And make it not build able for bases.

Macbrea thanks for taking all that time to construct this post, i found it a very good start. ive made a few
observations on the numbers just to consider.

Golden Globe, Homeworld and Arma.

1 Faction base/0 Private {Class 1 Max) = Spot on, but it would be nice it could be limited
to Alliance also, but a belive its in the cards?.

0 Faction CV/0 Private = agreed think that makes compleat sense preventing CV sponge.

99 Faction SV/1 Private (Class 3 Max) = i think the curent state of SV’s is fine and size class1 works
for people, 99 limit for SV’s will destroy the playfeild on NA because as we have seen on GG people will
actualy spawn in there limits or try to. also the core limit is 150cores in a playfeild so litrally two people could
spawn in the core limit on one playfeild, big NO NO!. my opinion people should have minimun allowance
say 10 Faction SV/1 Private. (Class 1 Max)

99 Faction HV/1 Private (Class 3 Max) = same again with HV’s size class 1 works. Because we have seen
tanks being used as defence centuries by cirtain guilds, it would alow people to actualy spawn in like 60 HV
base defence tanks, and they would because if they were alowd just one base they would find another way
to defend it at HV’ss it the next port of call!. so again core limits etc as per SV’s.
10 Faction/1 Private. (class 1 Max)

just to say again this set up is good for GG, HW and Arma as for the rest of the planets and systems
i would walk on the border of corshion core limits will reach max verry quick with 99 limits.

The problem i foresee is you can put in high limits like 99 but it wont be long until somone
createtes a private HV Park of there entire limit on a playfeild. what i have found is poeple
are unable to police themselves, or are unwilling or just dont relise, so limits have to be
imposed to to keep balance unfortunately.

Hope that was Helpfull

Best Regards Blind.

HWSFFN, Director.

Currently, on every non-important planet the limits are set at 999 per item. That is why I put 99 instead.

@RexXxuS are the max core limits still in place at 250 in version 8?

With the increased planet sizes comes more real estate, more factions would settle on one of the HQ planets but if the core allowance doesn’t scale with the planet size it may be for nothing.

Plan is to remove the hard core cap of 250.

1 Like