Sudden loss of power in base when offline

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Power reading “Power Left” not correct in Base. -OR- something is suddenly draining
a heck of a lot of power. This happens after normal power operating. I recently reported this with my character on the EU server and then was able to resolve that issue. It was happening suddenly on my character on the NA server. Using the same method to troubleshoot the issue, (removing devices until the power reading came back up to more normal readings.) I found the cause to be the “(deco) radar” unit. However that was installed 48 hours ago with no problem manifesting. Then the power drop presented itself. Method { remove device see if power renormalizes, if not replace device and go to another device.} I asked before is this a bug or as “twitch” pointed out a power drain associated with the particular device?

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> RedDaggar

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 8/23 prior at 7:23, resolved 8:20.

On which Playfield?
=>Freelancer HQ

Structure Name(s)?
=> Base

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 448647

How can we help you now?
=> Advice on how to avoid future occurrences of the issue. Heavy power loss resulting in loss of perishable items in fridge and loss of plants when the grow lights go out. These power losses seem to manifest when I am offline.

Hi mate, do you have a teleporter active? Because they are extremely power hungry.

If it’s not that, it would most likely be multiple devices. Too many generators can give you diminished returns as well.

Check your CPU effeciency, that can seriously affect power drain.

Let me know if these help. If it’s the teleporter I can tell you how to set up the logic for sensors to avoid it.

1 Like

Hi Mars, ty for the input. No teleporter, cpu efficacy 100%. one generator. Listen, I have been playing for about a year and have set up numerous bases and managed their power consumption. I have never seen a normal power usage suddenly skyrocket. And in these two cases I have observed, (one each on both servers) after removing one device the issue resolves. I also note that some hours after the issue was resolved the power consumption goes way down. ex: normal “power left” with a full load of fuel: 35 hrs, then 3 hrs, then 152 hrs. I this case the power seemed to get better after removing the Deco Radar unit. I’m thinking a bug or glitch? Not to say and HWS issue, maybe Eleon? Again ty, have a good one.
Red

This is actual intentional

It all has to do, that this Radar Block is no “Deco” on HWS.
It is an important part of our “Explore Reward” Feature (it is not up to date, but to get the idea):

If you wondering in general about stuff like this, just look it up yourself what might consume energy here:
https://github.com/B-iggy/HWS-Configs
Those Configs will tell you.

RxXx,

Thanx for the note, I’ll check out the reference. I have compiled a list of everything and their power costs, what bugs me is that the power changes don’t (seem) to take place immediately
after installation, but seem to hit some hours after the item is installed. Anyway, thanx for your support, I’ll get used to it and work through it.

Hope you are well

cheers

| RexXxuS HWS Owner
August 26 |

• | - |

RedDaggar:

I this case the power seemed to get better after removing the Deco Radar unit. I’m thinking a bug or glitch?

This is actual intentional

It all has to do, that this Radar Block is no “Deco” on HWS.
It is an important part of our “Explore Reward” Feature (it is not up to date, but to get the idea):

HWS Exploration Rewards HWS Story

The HWS Universe offers many places to live - from easy to difficult, from PvE to PvP. To not stop at being a sandbox game we offer you an incentive to explore and settle at special Planets or Orbits. How do you get rewards?There are certain criteria you have to fulfill: Your structure needs to be a BaseYour structure needs to be set to your FactionYour structure needs to have 1000 Blocks or moreYour structure needs to be above Bedrock (> 0 Y-coordinate)Your structure needs to be pow…

If you wondering in general about stuff like this, just look it up yourself what might consume energy here:

GitHub
### B-iggy/HWS-Configs

The HWS Config files enhance the gameplay for the HWS Servers. Build and test your structures with them to better dive into HWS! - B-iggy/HWS-Configs

Those Configs will tell you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.