Suggestion: Golden Globe PvPvE Rotation

We should not retire GG. If GG’s gone, PvP is gone.

Sure we could fight for HW. Within a week we have ressources enough for rest of the season. What then? Ressouces sell at really low prices so there’s not a lot of gain from selling it.

Also if we remove GG for a season, think of the overall HWS economy. Many are gonna be a lot more poor.

I guess I’m confused about why voxel gold is the only thing worth PvPing over in HWS. The economy will adjust given that gold now has a (more or less) finite limit. Your concern is one faction will hog GG to the expense of everyone else, it seems that’ll happen no matter if it’s PvP or PvE. Plus your idea is based on the presumption of peak times on a given server. With CWS either NA or EU factions can screw each other outside of this “off peak” PvE time.

You’d need a big alliance to protect a base period though. That’s like half the problem. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

A well-meant idea, what are your daytime hours? What if some folks work during your play time and hit the PvP areas during your off time? Having it in rotation would punish them and take the best resource in the game away from them (gold buys EVERYTHING ELSE).

I play at weird hours for NA standards pretty often, so I wouldn’t like such a change.

Builder’s league at class 1 would be a decent deal, though.

I’m thinking average sleep hours. Times could be different on NA, and EU, so CSW will allow you to mine.

When I first started on HWS this is the way GG was set up and it made it hard to get established for a newer player or faction. Honestly GG is better today then it was back then. With the size class limitations now in place a faction big or small can remove a base and establish their own if they work as a team. We did it against the horde seasons back. The key to it is working together to take it then hold it. So, I am against this idea due to past experience with this setup that only helped the factions holding GG. Get your factions to work as a team to take and hold GG and you can mine all you want. Why ask @RexXxuS to make it easier for the holding faction to hold it?

If you really wanted to make it more lucrative, do what was done back in the old Armageddon style: prime time PvP with destructive surface, and non prime time, indestructible surface with meteor mining allowed only.

There is an obvious upside and downside to this scenario; PvE players can load up (slowly) on some gold without worries about being attacked, and could also entice them to come back when it’s PvP for faster gold with risk. The only thing I would suggest is to disable spawning bases when it’s PvE, basically elite builders only allowed on PvP time, and no base spawning or BA starter blocks during PvE. limit it to a single CV per faction, no private faction CVs.

How about that for a compromise?

Edit: and quick divine punishment for overclass vessels. I.e. Edge of space in a class 2 sv,cv, or HV, and if supergates are the only way back then it’s a long flight.

2 Likes

maybe make more of it!

Make some playfields “good guys” only, and this is the only area you can find lets say magnesium… This way pvp players have to buy from others… also make some for only say some plants and stuff… this way pirate has to buy, using the gold! Federation has to buy from freelancers, and they from federation…

We tried that. It didn’t work.

Think about it. Veterans have TONS of every resource stashed away, myself included. Now think of the newcomers, who have practically nothing. So they go searching for the materials to make a few of the ammo to fend off much better supplied enemies.