Support a mid-season wipe?

This is perhaps an unpopular opinion and is a bit unorthodox but in light of how many version changes and the amount of changes in each 8.x iteration have happened I’ve heard and read elsewhere that a wipe would fix the majority of the issues happening right now. Resources not regenerating, ships not being accessible, playfield issues, and more that I currently do not recall or know about.

A mid-season wipe can be frustrating especially after having established bases, ships, and the thought of having to go to the dreaded starter planet again :open_mouth:

This is an UNOFFICIAL poll started by me but perhaps one RexXxuS and Jascha can use to gauge the community’s willingness to pack up and fresh start again.

Please keep the discussion on topic and unheated. Also I’m sure suggested reciprocation could be made concerning garage ships, etc. ie: Replace the ship after wipe / return credit value of ship in current condition.

• Wipe mid-season to fix majority of issues.
  • Live with issues and wipe at the end of the current season.

0 voters

While i think the idea of a wipe make sense from the bug/server stability standpoint, I imagine it would be a logistic nightmare for Rexxus and crew in terms of reimbursement for stuff like garage ships, etc.

for me, it is to live with them!

One thing many people do not seems to know, it that this game was never made for pvp… Devs are doing their best, but pvp is not a priority!

Seems some of have voted but not even half the community has voted. This does show the powers that be that there is interest in starting over. Willing to be so many issues get corrected by deleting that save folder…

So far it’s pretty close to half and half but like you said much of the community has not voted :wink: Also leaders are elected with closer results :stuck_out_tongue:

In private discord I’ve heard arguments both ways. Quite a few I’ve spoken with have verbally mentioned they wouldn’t mind starting over if it helps with community experience by fixing the current issues so long as at least a week was given to prepare. Oh and maybe some reparations for garage ships.

I am against wipe, but if it comes to life, give people some time to prepare - 2 weeks at least, since it’s time for vacation, people may be not online for week or two.
Will the wipe involve EB too? As I am currently working on my OCD lvl 6. Halfway to get it, nowhere to put my money to safe it.

For now the wipe is just an idea that might fix a lot of issues but it’s not official and has not been officially proposed. Also I know RexXxuS and Jascha work hard to fix the issues and probably have some line of communication with Eleon for bugs. :wink:

2 Likes

Do not worry as the wipe will not happen. PVP factions are not going to want it. They do not mind issues as they work to use those issues to their advantage to claim they win battles.

Many will like it for now looks like I may be away from HWS again atleast until 9. Just feel to much like PVP is now going to dominate the server and it will be too complicated to learn all the changes that keep being made. Not even small ones but huge changes. Rexxus and Jascha do a great job trying to keep 80% of their community happy