SV homming nerf

A nerf to SV homing missiles would just mean fights would last even longer, if anything homing missiles should be buffed. As it is, homing and pulse are the only weapons that can hit with any degree of regularity and pulse doesn’t really do enough damage to be a threat.

Macro Fire

As other people have mentioned, macro fire is really only dangerous to bases and hv pilots who stop moving. That said, HVs also have 5k blocks to help compensate with a HVs lack of macrofire and vulnerability.

Rail Homing & AoE Damage

I agree rail bullets should have a small degree of homing, that would make their lack of AoE damage useful.

Other weapons should get a homing/AoE buff so they become more useful. Pulse/Plasma should get AoE/Penetration through multiple blocks.

2 Likes

I use macros on occasion, but only if the target is pretty much stationary.

I am all for homing rails though. Currently I feel that SV homing rockets don’t do enough damage, and I think we can all agree on that during our little skirmish on GG a couple nights ago.

Pretty certain I said it isn’t a MAJOR issue. It is a minor one.

I started this post due to fear of another (I miss read) Homming nerf. If we buff homming and make it better this becomes less of an issue. I am worried while it is a minor issue now it could get worse.

I’ve never used macros on empyrion. However, after fighting those that do and seeing how prevalent it is as evidenced by this thread I’ll have to look into it :frowning: Pity really.

2 Likes

A lot of people use them. I am hoping someone else has an idea of how to make this either less of an issue or a fix.

Could be interesting with a max of ie. 12 and complete freedom to choose which ones - thinking it would lead to further tactical challenges as you would have to choose between being strong against SV’s, bases or a combo. Right now you might as well just put 4 of each on any SV for combat.

1 Like

Well it seems what I thought would happen did. Homming missiles have been slightly nerfed again due to being good against certain targets and the rise of rails and lasers being better now.

Also there is an old idea known as Global Cool Down, used by many games. If all weapons had a GCD of 1 to 3 seconds it would also help this problem.