SWP suggestions and ideas about the rules and gameplay

I really hate to be “that guy” but…

SWP has no obligation to play “nice” really. If its fine for us to raid offline bases (as I’ve done plenty of times) then they should be allowed to do so as well.

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.

[quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

SWP has no obligation to play “nice” really. If its fine for us to raid offline bases (as I’ve done plenty of times) then they should be allowed to do so as well.

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.[/quote]

I disagre.

A small faction i can see offline base raiding (or unmanned) base raiding as acceptable, as they have a lower chance of success.

But a faction as big as SWP should exercise more responsibility in this regard, as Fenra’s suggestion. Additionally they’re the main antagonists on the server.

Furthermore Duke, i appreciate the offer of coming to live on new hope, but that is exactly what SWP does not want. They want MORE people on PVP planets and in PVP space, not less. Therefore they need to exercise restraint in order to make that happen, otherwise as you’ve just shown; the consequences are for more people to head to PVE planets and stay there.

Best regards
Wise

[quote=“Wiseman738”][quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.[/quote]

I disagre.

A small faction i can see offline base raiding (or unmanned) base raiding as acceptable, as they have a lower chance of success.

But a faction as big as SWP should exercise more responsibility in this regard, as Fenra’s suggestion. Additionally they’re the main antagonists on the server.

Furthermore Duke, i appreciate the offer of coming to live on new hope, but that is exactly what SWP does not want. They want MORE people on PVP planets and in PVP space, not less. Therefore they need to exercise restraint in order to make that happen, otherwise as you’ve just shown; the consequences are for more people to head to PVE planets and stay there.

Best regards
Wise[/quote]

I don’t know mate. Something feels really “off” about forcing a group of people (or saying they should behave a certain way) simply because they are a big group. It hardly seems fair.

[quote=“Duke”][quote=“Wiseman738”][quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

I disagre.

Best regards
Wise[/quote]

I don’t know mate. Something feels really “off” about forcing a group of people (or saying they should behave a certain way) simply because they are a big group. It hardly seems fair.[/quote]

Who’se forcing them? Do you see me yelling ADMIIIIN or the Admins forcing it at them? This is THEIR suggestions thread for how to get more people into PVP, and i’m giving them suggestions. They can take it or leave it. Up to them. But at least theywill no longer be scratching their heads and wondering where all the PVPers are once they’ve read my posts.

Best Regards
Wise.

I’ll like the suggestions a lot. And i think SWP themselves will benefit from that too.

How bout rules against multiple accounts and combat logging. Or bases that are interconnected but from different accounts so that the offline protection is protecting both bases

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=277&start=10#p1644

[quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

My point is no one should be raiding offline bases, just my 2 cents.

That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad

I think OCD will help a lot as it gives you a safety net to rebuild. I am just getting some stocks up and then i will be heading out of PvE land. The big issue is that this is a game in Alpha and there are so many issues and so much balancing to do, HWS cant be expected to ‘fix’ everything when most of it is put of their control.

I am really liking this game and loving HWS but there is a long way to go and it could end up going a way that doesnt support what a lot of us would like.

[quote=“Duke”][quote=“Fenra369”]That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad[/quote][/quote]
There is a difference between combat logging and PvSleep, while I don’t like OP as implemented, I don’t like having to be competitive about my time spent on this game just to keep what I worked for :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Fenra369”][quote=“Duke”][quote=“Fenra369”]That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad[/quote][/quote]
There is a difference between combat logging and PvSleep, while I don’t like OP as implemented, I don’t like having to be competitive about my time spent on this game just to keep what I worked for :p[/quote]

Then don’t build on a PVP planet, mate.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

First warning.
Read this and think twice about it: