SWP suggestions and ideas about the rules and gameplay

Hello!

I want to apologize for my English. I use Google translate. If you do not understand something, please ask questions.

Our clan SWP well known on the server. Despite the fact that some players do not like us and even accused of cheating, I would like to assure you that we have good players. All adults and adequate people. In real life, we are workers, teachers and entrepreneurs. We love to build, fight, destroy and rebuild better and more interesting))). It seems to me this is the meaning of this game.

Our players never use cheats. If this happens, then that player will be expelled from the clan.

The leader of our clan Emrick is now absent, so the clan instructed me to write here are a few of our suggestions and ideas about the rules and gameplay.

Offers SWP:

As I wrote above, Emporion - a game about survival, space exploration, building, cooperation, and war. This core elements of the game. Of course it is possible to play alone, but the game was originally created with the expectation of it is on the multiplayer mode. PVP mode.

At this point the server has both PvP and PvE zones so. However, we are saddened that the majority of players play on PvE. It kills the spirit of the game. It makes some aspects of the game less interesting.

Indeed, most of the old players (who play with the appearance of the server) play in PvP worlds are as clans. This great guys who are not afraid of the danger of losing everything. Why? Because they feel the support of his friends in the clan. They know that all will be able to rebuild, to do better, to re-enter the battle and win. These feelings make them a team. Inspired to play again, to attract new people and go along even further. So playing SWP clan. This is something for which we play.

It seems that the server more than PvE players, but it is the players for a week (or maybe a couple of days). Therefore, they are less. They do not make the game more interesting on the server. Some are beginning to abuse that that their base is on the PvE planet. Indeed, PvE player can destroy the base of PVP players, when they flew to another planet. Because he is not afraid of losing his base. He can save resources and terrorize pvp players. It is not right. It’s killing the game.

Another example is on PvE worlds (or pvp planeth close to them) excellent resources fall - on pvp it less, meteorites fell less often. The server seems to be saying to us - play PvE, build bases there and nothing to worry. After playing for a week so the player gets bored - he has everything, he has nothing to lose. And he, too, aspire to nothing. There is no need to unite, to play together.

Maybe PvE players can unite like in Minecraft to build big buildings? But there is a rule №6, which restricts the construction of one clan building blocks for 5000 and one ship (5000 blocks too)! Therefore clans lose individual players. After all, one by one they can build more.

We may argue that a large number of buildings on the PvE planets causing server crashes. But the people! There a lot of PvP planets - unite and settle there. They’re empty!

Maybe we should be honest, why spend resources on the server for pvp planet where no one lives? Maybe we should replace them with PvE and kill the game on server completely?

Our clan disappointed increase PvE planets. They will not bring anything good to server. In the short term, they will unload the server, but ultimately kill the spirit of the game.

Our clan offers - server path to be only one planet. It is necessary to wipe one or two times a week. It is this version won a poll among regular players.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154

[b]In addition, we propose to introduce a rule that players who have a base in the PvE world can not attack PvP players while not completely leave the PvE areas.

We also offer to do instead PvE planets, some empty PvE galaxies where every player could to park their ships (1-2 CV)

With regard to the rule number 6. Let’s introduce a general restriction on all the buildings of 10,000 blocks and 2 cores. For example, if I should ship on 6000+ blocks. I do not have allowed to build a base on the PvE planet. And vice versa.[/b]

Now when I am writing this post three of our players play in the other PvP server. Where there is no PvE. At all.

SVP clan loves this server and want it to evolve and become better. There is a great community excellent players, which is fun to play and socialize.We do not want them to lose themselves in a mass of random people who come to our server, to play one day and go nowhere.

Hi Guys! I like your suggestions but maybe instead of forcing people to come off PVE planets instead encourage other players to come to PVP with promises of more riches which would be really cool!

I also feel that many players feel initimdated by SWP, despite you folks being honourable the sheer number of players that you have (I’ve seen upto 14SWP on at once) can cause people (especially smaller factions like ours) to feel really intimidated (scared) by SWP and therefore unwilling to venture out deeper into PVP planets and PVP space.

The alliance should be a counter to this, but instead of having one co-ordinated alliance we instead have many much smaller alliance groups with varying levels of co-ordination and teamwork. Therefore they don’t really succeed in protecting players from pirates.

As a result of this the pirates may have to be less piratey, i have some ideas below:

1. First of all, offer NAPs with other players. NAPs are Non Agression Pacts, so maybe for instance you and another faction could set up a non agression pact, and in exchange for not getting blown away they provide a certain amount of material per week/month for collection. (Don’t go crazy on your demands though like 20k a week, make it something realistic like 5k iron per week or something, for a steady income)
  2. Second of all lots of your ships have LOTS of guns! Nothing wrong with this, however if you’re going to attack with so many people then maybe have less guns on your ships to give other players a chance if there are less of them.
  3. Another idea i have is for you guys to split into ‘Wolfpack’ attack groups, so instead of attacking a base with 14 people, attack it with 7 or so, and that way it’s more enjoyable as the outcome is less certain as both SWP or the other faction may lose.
  4. Allow players in ships/bases to ‘surrender’ and you can let them go and leave their bases/ships be in exchange for credits, the amount of credits being at your discretion, just make sure that it is not an INSANE amount of money. E.g i’d say let a CV go for maybe 5k credits.

Hope these ideas help in making the game more fun.
Best regards
Wise.

Hey SWP :slight_smile:
I think the server is great and its too soon after wipe 2.0 to claim that u dont have PVP players on PVP worlds…
However, ur kinda right about that players are staying more on PVE rather then PVP and i think i know the reason :slight_smile:
Remember the map before 2.0? It was homeworld in the middle, so u could warp to HW and then any planet from there, that’s why players were way more active on PVP and i think it was great!
Right now with the spiral, the new players wont ever get to HW and back home, it requires too many resources, we need Homeworld somewhere in the middle again, so players can warp faster, what do u think?

P.S.: remove planet Z, its pointless, its not a starter and its PVE :slight_smile:

Edit: That’s why players are camping PVE, cuz they can’t warp faster to the good PVP planets.

Some very good points here.

Not sure what can be done as game dont support much features. I already see very clerly that major problem is players itself. Some, like SWP wont hide in PvE and they will be willing to loose all. Its nice to play with them. Some will be using only coward abusive techniques because they are not able to play the game as its meant to. And some will simply keep bending rules whenever they can.

Having a base in PvP is a bit complicated. It must be huge, it must be well defended. You build monster with 700 turrets at least and you need 4-5 pilots online to defend it. And its fun. But it takes all your time. If you go to vacation, someone other has to be in work you will left there alone and you cannot play becouse you will simply loose it.

Its not a problem, with faction like SWP. They wont attack you very probably if you are large faction but only 1 is online. They want to have fun and enjoy the game so they will wait when more are online very probably. If you are small faction they will probably accept ransom. Thats why i like to play with them. They are aware its a game and they have fun in it.

They found and captured our member huge CV. Well great loose for us but these guys spawned CV so he was able to fly away and continue in rebuilding revenge. And thats how this is meant to be played, thats whats fun for me. They are not here to harm others fun to make themselfs feel better.

I wish all players are like them but sadly they are not. I think we will never be able to come out with something realy working unless it will be players able to “play”.

Anyway, PvE planets should be poor, very poor. PvP planets should be rich so everyone simply have to go there, there must be somehting forcing ppl to go out there. Gold or something of value, treasure. With marketplace its really possible to just sit home on PvE and have all.
But most of all we should hunt the vermin whos trying to infest this server, bending rules, trying to find some workarounds, one by one. I never lost a base in fight but 2 already becouse of some weird players. I lost 3 SV in PvP since wipe but 10 SVs fully loded due to bugs. I wonder if ill ever get back to normal PvP. And no i wont bother admins often becouse of some SV which cost only 3k iron with 20k railgun ammo on board.

Well i dont expect much ppl will understand what im trying to say but i had to try…See you out there SWP.

+1 blizzz

Remove PvE Z planet. Simple idea, easy to do. Probably keep it but change its location. Put at start of universe like Nova is. (its hard to wipe all bases, noone wants to loose their stuff and its not so fair)

Just an idea…erestrum and zaosnium should be rare maybe remove it from autominer, keep autominer only for other resources, and put these 2 at end of universe

Alas we were attacked by 11swp against 2 DBB members, and the sheer number of railguns caused them to lag to a standstill, maybe make ransoming more obvious and allow smaller factions to go about their business and instead we organise fights against one-another, that way we can quickly get ships up and running for space battles as we will still have our bases ready to produce and refine resources.

I have what i believe to be a SUPER COOL idea!

So people don’t like PVP because they can’t control what they lose right? Well how about we give them some control right? Let’s say SWP finds an alliance base, instead of attacking it SWP can request a battle with the said faction, so the faction has to battle SWP in order to avoid their base getting attacked. So SWP might set a time limit till the battle, and the conditions of the battle. SO SWP might say ‘You must build at least five SVs to fight us outside jupiter orbit.’ And then no matter who wins who looses a fight is had and it still damages one faction but allows them to rebuild quickly.

Similar to the ‘tribute’ system from the Hunger Games.

Maybe someone could also organise ‘fight clubs’ where balanced numbers of ships/players battle eachother in PVP space or planets for a fixed reward.

Best regards
Wise.

There’s a reason why this is most populated server on Empyrion, Admins are doing GREAT stuff!
Just wait… is too soon after 2.0, players are getting accommodated! :slight_smile:

Yes, yes, yes. It is damn time for HWS Story 2.0. This is another topic forces us to release it asap.
Very good points here.

Just keep in mind that there is a way you can handle it and a way we can handle it (with our tool - automatically).

So what I posted somewhere else is this game changing idea: (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=204&start=20#p1114)

Don’t want to spread same topic all over the place so I make a separate thread now.
HERE: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=248&p=1138#p1137

I would like to clarify that no where in the current rule 6 is there a block limit for bases on pve planets, only cvs.
As for your suggestions and comments:

1. PvE planets are not supposed to have more meteorites than PvP planets and from my experience I’d say that they don’t but again, mileage may vary.
  2. The point of PvE planets for many players is for them to have a backup plan for when they are attacked so they don’t get wiped off of the face of the server. This also makes your suggestion of people not being able to PvP if you have any PvE not viable at all.
  3. I like having more PvE space for CV parking.
  4. At the end of the day, this server isn’t a hardcore battle arena and it caters to both PvP and PvE players. I see where you are coming from but this would only upset a lot of players if we implemented your suggestions.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. We discuss it in our clan. We want to help make the game better on the server. The question is what does “better”.

Below are my answers to Chance

I would like to clarify that no where in the current rule 6 is there a block limit for bases on pve planets, only cvs.

My English is not very good. Perhaps I misunderstood the proposal. Since replica about bases and blocks limiting is in one place.
«Any bases on these planets need to have “HQ” in their name and CVs over 5000 blocks big are not allowed to land on those planets».

You may want to write separately, that the restriction does not apply to player bases and ships only. So it will be clearer

PvE planets are not supposed to have more meteorites than PvP planets and from my experience I’d say that they don’t but again, mileage may vary.

May be. But our experience shows the opposite. I already wrote above -Pve planets are closer to the Earth, where the resources are constantly falling (we find 3-4 meteorites of one type that fall in same time). To reach the Earth, for instance, from Lantea you need plenty of pentaxide (about 100). Why fly from PvE zones to PvP worlds if it is difficult to extract resources?
But that’s not the point.

The point of PvE planets for many players is for them to have a backup plan for when they are attacked so they don’t get wiped off of the face of the server. This also makes your suggestion of people not being able to PvP if you have any PvE not viable at all.

You miss the point. I wrote that the PVP and PVE players are in different conditions. In addition, some players abuse it.

«It seems that the server more than PvE players, but it is the players for a week (or maybe a couple of days). Therefore, they are less. They do not make the game more interesting on the server. Some are beginning to abuse that that their base is on the PvE planet. Indeed, PvE player can destroy the base of PVP players, when they flew to another planet. Because he is not afraid of losing his base. He can save resources and terrorize pvp players. It is not right. It’s killing the game.
After playing for a week so the player gets bored - he has everything, he has nothing to lose. And he, too, aspire to nothing. There is no need to unite, to play together».

I never wrote that it is impossible to «people not being able to PvP if you have any PvE». This game can be. But about that will this game?

«As I wrote above, Emporion - a game about survival, space exploration, building, cooperation, and war. This core elements of the game. It kills the spirit of the game. It makes some aspects of the game less interesting».

If all players will move to live on the planet PvE to have a backup plan and will keep their ships there. If resources on pvp planets do not differ from resources in PvE planets, then why do we have pvp planet? After all, the conditions of life on PvP worlds dangerous, and a reward for it is almost no. then let’s remove all pvp planet altogether. And all players are on equal footing. whether the game will be more interesting from this? I do not think so.

At the end of the day, this server isn’t a hardcore battle arena and it caters to both PvP and PvE players. I see where you are coming from but this would only upset a lot of players if we implemented your suggestions.

War is one of the key elements of the game. It makes it more interesting. It is not misrepresented where we come from, the fact is the direction in which the server will be developed. Nobody wants to turn it into a fighting arena, but without war, a sense of danger, greed as in the wild west (as in the TV series Firefly), the game becomes less interesting.

I hope that our point of view now looks more clear. Once again thank you all for your comments and suggestions. We are always happy to listen to and discuss them.)

I will start saying that i love this game and this server. It has alot of buggs and other anoying things that happend but overall i spend more time on hws server then i do on my full time work :p…

I was the one loosing alot of work when swp stole my cv… Grrr… It happends… It was standing in pvp space ofc and they took it fair. I have no problem with this. I salut them for giving me a cv to jump away :slight_smile:

This server has some problems right now…

1: There is no need to go to pvp planets… I have scouted them all and outside the inner circle there is almost nothing spawning that you need to build bases and ship. (You need Iron, Sat and Cob)

We now have even more pve planets and i like that in the way that i can store my stuff somewhere safe to be able to rebuild ships. When you are fighting it can easily go 2-3 ships and that is like 20k of resourses that you need to dig up just to get even.

I would like some planets outside inner circle that spawns meybe ONLY Iron / Cobolt / cobber / silicon… These planets should not have any bases just resourses but it will be pvp so it can be fights over them. This would give traders something to work fore.

Aorry for spelling and jumping around but im on vacation and typing this on a laptop in the sun.

Cheers and see you on wendsday…

viewtopic.php?f=6&p=1165#p1165

Everything else will be a bit better with HWS Story 2.0 I hope

I applaud that someone in SWP finally manages to make posts on the server, google translate or not, your voice is important as far as Pirates go, and I hope you continue to weigh in your clan’s thoughts on the server. As for the PvP/PvE issue, I agree, meteorites should not be available on PvE planets, that’s the reason you should leave them, is to get resources and build more things. This also give more of a role for Traders to supply PvEr’s with ingots to build bases, and in so doing manage to help out players who want to solely build.

I think PvPers still need to play a role in the game; without PvP this server would be quite dull. That said I feel more PvPers (aside from SWP and Tharanir) need to speak up about the changes they want to see. I’ve tried to get discussions on how to approach the rules for the server but honestly had little response. Hopefully now it’ll be better?

SWP is by far the biggest faction on the server, and a pirate faction as that.

If you folks want more PVP then you need to re-read my previous post and start listening to our suggestions. Or more people will quit (as happened tonight. We lost both Bigfeet and Mr Dead of DBH after their base was attacked on Saturn, although it was a fair kill. The base at the time was unmanned whilst at least 6 swp fighters destroyed it.

Poor battle etiquette such as fighting unmanned bases is something i’d expect from a small faction. Not from SWP and especially not when you’re trying to ENCOURAGE people into PVP. But poor gameplay (Unbalanced fights,s excessive guns on SVs, base-wiping) does nothing but PUT PEOPLE OFF of PVP.

I made lots of very good suggestions already, i shall not repeat them. You may re-read them on page 1 of this thread for your convinience.

But don’t act suprised if not many people are pvping. Poor PVP Etiquette will cause that to happen. That’s why so many factions have either bases on PVE or deep-space. Because they are unwilling to risk their stuff when the odds are stacked so massively against them. SWP using swarm tactics and attacking bases with no people there does not help your cause. And most impotantly it does not encourage more people into PVP. Once again it just causes people to leave.

Please re-read my previous suggestions post on this thread. If there are any words that are lost in translation post them below and i’ll figure out another word for them.

Best regards
Wise.

Hey Wise,

yeah too bad people leaving because of this.

Just not sure why leaving server because it is an Eleon/Game problem.
We even tried to tackle it with implementing so many PvE planets / orbits where you can have bases and ships if you fail on the PvP playground.
I also don’t know what people imagine what will happen with their stuff on PvP. Of course it is dangerous there and you need to be in the base to defend it if you want to keep it alive. Hoping for friendly pirates with etiquette / enemies is a… dangerous idea.

Regarding your suggestions / feedback it was 70% addressed to SWP. Please call them directly again and manage a kind of pact / alliance under your mentioned condition like giving iron ingots per day and so on.

The thing what we as HWS can do and will do is a lot of such improvements in HWS 3.0. Your hunger tribute idea like a duel arena or the OC - Orbital Cargo for example where people can save their stuff in it. I mean you even have now PvE playfields as a backup playfield and I really really don’t get why people blaming and flaming if they go all-in in a pvp playfield if they could have a backup in the pve playfield. But I guess losing stuff is always crap.
Anyways with the OC the gameplay will change - IF people understand how to use this big feature.

We really give a lot of advices and features to overcome Empyrion problems here and there but we can’t take people by their hand all the time to keep them alive in a survival game.

Any suggestions and feedback are as always welcome.

RexXxuS

[quote=“RexXxuS”]Hey Wise,

yeah too bad people leaving because of this.

Just not sure why leaving server because it is an Eleon/Game problem.
We even tried to tackle it with implementing so many PvE planets / orbits where you can have bases and ships if you fail on the PvP playground.
I also don’t know what people imagine what will happen with their stuff on PvP. Of course it is dangerous there and you need to be in the base to defend it if you want to keep it alive. Hoping for friendly pirates with etiquette / enemies is a… dangerous idea.

Regarding your suggestions / feedback it was 70% addressed to SWP. Please call them directly again and manage a kind of pact / alliance under your mentioned condition like giving iron ingots per day and so on.

The thing what we as HWS can do and will do is a lot of such improvements in HWS 3.0. Your hunger tribute idea like a duel arena or the OC - Orbital Cargo for example where people can save their stuff in it. I mean you even have now PvE playfields as a backup playfield and I really really don’t get why people blaming and flaming if they go all-in in a pvp playfield if they could have a backup in the pve playfield. But I guess losing stuff is always crap.
Anyways with the OC the gameplay will change - IF people understand how to use this big feature.

We really give a lot of advices and features to overcome Empyrion problems here and there but we can’t take people by their hand all the time to keep them alive in a survival game.

Any suggestions and feedback are as always welcome.

RexXxuS[/quote]

Hey Rexxus, thanks for your reply first of all and i completely agree. It is a shame as i spoke to both Bigfeet and Mr Dead and we do have multiple bases elsewhere filled to the brimm with stuff. I think however the thing that really got to them was the fact that the base was attacked whilst they weren’t even there. And although pirates typically should just go and attack anything. SWP as the main antagonists on the server should exercise some responsibility in how they fight people IF they want more people to get into PVP.

I mean is it any suprise that people don’t want to join in when there are so many pirates in one faction, the irony being that the pirates are better organised than the few remaining alliance factions.

This isn’t me having a go at SWP, i’m not sore over losing our base. In fact me now being one of the sole remaining members of that faction means i’m pretty free to do what i want now which is nice. But this post is about helping SWP understand WHY people are scared of PVP and helping SWP realise HOW they can get MORE people into PVP.

You’re right that hand-holding is not an option, and i agree, pvp should always have an element of Risk. However i think if SWP want more people involved in PVP then they themselves should follow some basic guidelines, such as:

Not attacking unmanned bases. (Because frankly 6 SWP versus a bunch of turrets is hardly a fair fight for the turrets) OR If SWP want to fight over a base and the people aren’t there SWP can give them a specific time limit if their online. Like a pirate-like Ransom! Arrr!
Demanding money/resources from factions instead of just destroying what they have.
Holding piratey 1v1 battles with a cash/resource reward.
If attacking a manned base, then do not attack with the whole faction. Limit it to at maximum double what they have. So if they have four people at the base you have eight, if they have two people then you have four. Historically pirates were never able to muster the amount of people that SWP can muster in regards to fighting.

Follow them if you want more people to get into PVP, as frankly seeing 14 odd pirates online in the same faction is intimidating enough, but i bet we can get more people involved if SWP just exercise a little bit of self control. Like the pirates of yore’, choose your battles wisely.

Wiseman, thank you for your comments. We regret that this situation came with your base. But this pyp area. Our base raided many times when we were offline. Even for such a large fraction as SWP hard to defend base in pvp. So we went into deep space.

I will give the head of our guild your suggestions.

Also, if you need help or resources you can write to me or Vorshtener

[quote=“FraCoornelius”]Wiseman, thank you for your comments. We regret that this situation came with your base. But this pyp area. Our base raided many times when we were offline. Even for such a large fraction as SWP hard to defend base in pvp. So we went into deep space.

I will give the head of our guild your suggestions.

Also, if you need help or resources you can write to me or Vorshtener[/quote]

Hi Fra!

First of all a very big thank you, i think i was rather angry after all that happened and might have got lost in the moment! So apologies if my angry tone came across!

I’m grateful for the idea of resources but i think i’m all good. All i ask is that you consider my suggestions, and thank you for taking them to your faction leader :smiley:

Best regards
Wiseman738

Fra, why doesn’t your guild help run PvP events or openly seek a challenge by stating on the forums here of when/where you’d want to fight. Instead of attacking offline bases (which seems pretty boring to me) why not have the PvP come to you for once. Now that you’re on this forum you can broadcast your challenges and actually participate with the server, rather than act isolated from it.