Synergy potential

I murdered a fresh faction last night… they took the L n asked me for advise… guess what!? I gave them plenty to help them continue their journey. He took every bit of info he could. I reminded me of my solo/duo journey mining/growing by heading to pvp areas… it’s all a mind state. Ppl forget they are playing a game. N risk vs reward

3 Likes

That is a preferred outcome of a gank but very rarely does it happen this way. This is sadly a small percentage of the pirate encounters but hopefully with a community of helpers, it will not fall on the pirates’ shoulders to teach their prey and give them more opportunities to hunt.

and this is how it should be.

2 Likes

The season’s end is quickly approaching. We have gathered a few ideas for workshops and have a few volunteers dedicating their time to helping the community grow. Take a look at the list and post what would interest you most so we can craft a workshop that will enhance your experience.

Builders Squared - Learn the latest curve ball building mechanics here.

Dogfight Squadron - Want to smack up legos?

Farmers Marketeers - End famine across the galaxy.

Lawless Pirates - You will find out…once they find you…

Mercenary Warriors - Thugs for hire to get the dirty jobs done.

Mission Masters - Run gauntlets with the masters and reap the vast rewards.

NPC Hunters - Removing infestations from each solar system.

Rescue Rangers - Learn the best recovery arts from the helping hands.

Resource Troopers - No need to aimlessly search for those hard to find materials.

Traders Glory - The tricks of the trade are open to all.

Vagabond Adventurers - Explorers of the unknown in search of hidden treasures through out the galaxy.

3 Likes

I feel we are pioneers…

1 Like

Reminds me that i need to rebuild my Garage Ship when i get a new GPU…

1 Like

that’s where i snatched the name from. was hoping to spark a reminder to update it for the next session. cant wait to see her redesign :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is an interesting idea. But sounds like RP (role-playing), limiting amount of factions/groups.
What about those factions that offer all at once as for teaching all about game/server?

1 Like

I see a myriad of possibilities with this idea. After all, nobody is born with the full knowledge of the world, and Empyrion itself is a game that is more complicated than the average survival game. Nobody expects it to be quite so complicated when you first open up this galaxy of adventures. I can say that, i am on the new-oobish spectrum within the game itself, but i did amass quite a few hours so far.

On HWS, i came at the invite of a couple of friends. They showed me the basics, but then left me to flounder. Not because that’s is what they intended, but i believe it was as far into the game they went themselves. Having played on average servers before here, HWS offered many more aspects to a game that is been 4 years in alpha. Then, i listened to a suggestion i caught from the corner of my eye as i was playing one day. “Go hang out in the Lobby chat, always someone to help out there”. So that’s what i did. And how i met you, Bob and a few others that have became my guides in this convoluted survival game we like to call home.

Here i could say “the rest is history”. However, it is not. Not as yet. Because as much as i have learned so far, my road of learning within this game is barely just begun. And guess what? If i never would have met Bob and the gang, i probably would have rage quit this game after a few days. Nobody likes to be on the loosing end of anything. Not for a prolonged period of time. And most things in HWS end up with you loosing something or other. With this i see the potential to show people what they gained, as well as, and more importantly “How to recover”. Why loosing your weapons and ammo into a mission is not something to be seen with desperate cries of “Oh man, where will get another epic now!”. Or if a pirate blows you and ALL your worldly possessions out of the sky when you were cruising along, unaware you warped into PVP space, and you are about to rage quit just as you’re dying of hypothermia and /or lack of oxygen.

How to recover is what will keeps one playing the game. That is powerful knowledge and in the end, even if you start the conversation with “Oh well, i am just a d***” as an explanation for your apparent mean behavior, the next one of “Oh hey, i can get you a ship and what you need to get home, as well as some mats to get started again” is of huge value. Trust me, my first clan got blown up by pirates several times. And both had very different experiences. One stayed, talked to the pirate, engaged and got home safe in a ridiculous looking CV, but safe nonetheless. The second one rage quit the game. Why? Because they never bothered to say “Hey man, why you do that for? How will i get home”. So the communications channels never opened and they never knew that they still had opportunities to recover.

So this idea of a synergy group, where one could sign up for a workshop, or a group where they can learn one or multiple aspects of the game, is very solid. And certainly something i can get behind.

After this rant, i would say, sign me up. Trading (marketplace- still learning the way of Racoms and NPC traders) and farming are my strong suites, but i can hold my own in a mission or two as well. PvP and Building are still far off into the future on my part, and like with everything, i prefer to know how to do things and learn slowly. For me, slow lessons stick the most.

1 Like

The best thing about this idea is existing/new factions have a place as well. The idea is to have “placeholders” for those that want to run things that would hinder some of the group processes. There are so many factors can affect different aspects of this universe. Say your in a group that cannot afford to loose NPC RP for trading but you want to take a bit of time to poke fun at the Talon stick villages. There would be a place u could go to do just that and return whenever u like. We are not asking you to leave any groups. We are offering an open door to help in any aspect you wish to improve on. Hop in a workshop, stay as long as u like, find more, and go where u please. If you don’t find a workshop that has what you want, create one and do what suits you.

“If you build it, they will come…” - not a “great” movie, “meh” quote :wink:

1 Like

And if a faction feels like they are a good group to teach some aspect, or an alternative to the way that Non does and teaches something, then perhaps as an ally we would refer folks to that faction.

1 Like

That actually makes sense. Thats a good idea.
As PKF we offer teaching on everything. But i get the point that larger factions can help smaller ones in what ever field they feel they know the most.
Hmmmm… :thinking:

1 Like

NA is currently setup for this. Far from perfect but steadily growing. All are invited on our zany adventures at any time. Hop over and pop any of us for info.

1 Like

2 days left till the new season starts. We currently have Mission Masters, Farmers Market, and Newbarea ready to roll for next season. There will also be an NPC faction RP gain group for those looking find the fastest way to get honored. Some will be using alt accounts for faction hopping when needed. Post your interests here and we can coordinate a workshop for just about anything.

discussions have come up in regards to this topic in a private discord. figured worth a share here. apologies for my novels :frowning:

But yes this concept is very hard to imagine. The idea is to bring everyone together to do what they enjoy most without stepping on other’s toes in the process. I have been through a few different factions and have seen many things go sideways over stupid game mechanics that could have easily been avoided with a discussion of ideas on how to resolve it. For example, NPC RP. Player X is in X faction and wants to see what the Zirax have to offer in their vaults to be plundered. Player Y needs Zirax RP so his teleport base next to the racom isn’t shredded in an instant. Player X drops out of faction (not friendship group or discords) and joins Z faction to wipe the Zirax infestation form the galaxy for a night. Then goes to faction W to bring that RP back to an honored state when he is ready to hop back and trade with player Y. There are several other chapters to this novel if more examples are needed.

Not looking to break up any friendships or groups. Not looking to carry the weight of the universe on anyone’s shoulders. Just trying to find a way to coexist and enjoy what drives us for the moment till the next shiny catches our fancy. “Our teachings were turned against us” will not be a thought once we all can work together. There is no need to hoard secrets that give an advantage to one player or another. Knowledge should never hold anyone back. How can one improve their skills without having an equal opponent to push our limits. You vs me gets old after time. We are all here together. The more players we have, the larger our universe will become. This game has vast potential but very hard to learn. Lots of new players get frustrated and quit early on due to lack of information that could save them hours of time wasted.

One thing we must all remember is, here we have much more power to change things for the better. Real world conditions do not need to follow us to this universe that we have all have a hand in creating. We can learn from our human mistakes rather than constantly repeating them. It is not like it is very hard to start a new “career” in HWS once you have the right information to ride the waves. Why should conditions mirror the real lives we live in? Should this not be something we visit to get away from the problems we face every day? Togetherness has to start somewhere. We have been gifted a place that gives us all the ability to grow past our mortal limitations.

Take a moment to imagine the joy that would be brought to Rex if he saw every one of his discord channels full of people just enjoying his creations. This would motivate him to making HWS even better. Hurtful comments and negativity are rarely inspiring and usually hinder progress. I do not suggest we disarm and hold hands singing kumbaya. We have lots of legos to smash up. Death is meaningless when we can respawn endlessly. Resources are meaningless when they never completely vanish. The time we have is what erodes and can never be returned. We can spend it enjoying it, or hating it. I have noticed enjoyment has better results.

BOB For President ! :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

The naysayers said it would never happen but here it is 2 years later and still going strong :slight_smile:

4 Likes