Systemic Changes 6.0: Overhaul Donor Planets/The End of OCD as we Know IT

Only the donaters should be able to build on that planet, else it might aswell be a normal planet, if you loose your base on it rebuild.

Oh my…

The butthurt over discussing ideas – really? “Lets change anything except our own advantage?” Its discussion guys, no reason to get defensive over your planets. It’s just an idea – Not all of those “make it easier for me to kill people and own the server” ideas are great either… :wink: But talking them through may pull a gem out of one or two. Thats how it works. Peace bro’s.

1 Like

The only possible imbalance surrounding donator planets is resource gain rate. There should be in no circumstance the ability for other factions to come to you donator planet without being whitelisted.

That’s the point of donator planets. Paying a bunch of money to minecraft is safety.

And I can’t stress this enough. Everyone was fine with that incarnation of donator planets before the addition of autominers.

3 Likes

Actually they were fine with it in 4.0 as well, as long as they all had their ‘home’ planets with the same resources.

The big benefit of donator in 4.0 was that you didn’t have to look for your autominers and no jerks dug massive holes under them.

HV mining is what broke autominers. That and PvP Origin planets.

1 Like

And the amount of PvP in 4.0 was almost none existed people just hoped from rotating planet to rotating planet placing auto miners and removing them again just before switch.

This is demonstrably false.

LBP found pvp every single day. Are you on EU?

Nobody in their right mind bothered with autominers on rotation planets. Why? Pirate/Trader/so on gave same resources for the most part.

We had plenty of pvp in 4.0 until 5AP…erm disbanded.

Fact is it doesn’t matter what you do, you’re not going to force people who do not want to pvp into pvp. We’ve been fighting the same people since 4.0.

2 Likes

We hit jagal and zuccria every single rotation, for magnesium and promethium. The rest could be gotten on faction planet, yes. But those two were atleast worth the trip.

How many millions of mag and prom do you have?

We stopped bringing magnesium to our base half way through 4.0

Ya we stopped in 5 about two weeks ago. We were selling about 40k a day in 4.0 though. Back when the market was used by people.

2 Likes

Yea EU the only pvp we got was with SWP on gold planet

Sounds like a problem with your community rather than the universe architecture.

NA is cutthroat as hell. Got 4 fights yesterday in black hole in an hour, 3 kills, one got away (I flew into a rock trying to chase him because I’m horribly incompetent).

Then I left and later that night ZC got 4 kills in the same system.

Not to mention all the PvP associated with donator system dead ends. Camping sierra nebula tends to give good action.

Homeworld space is not great but origin planets are pretty good areas to camp. Sit 10km away and watch for blue flashes.

Not to mention clearing out bases on pluto whenever you get sufficiently bored. Of course Lucifer and Gabriel are good planets to camp during their PvE to PvP rotation. You can usually catch people fleeing the surface.

There are plenty of places to look for PvP. Sounds like people on your server aren’t looking.

1 Like

1. TOP TREND.
Yesterday evening, I saw 140 people online, this is good trend, thanks to Admins. And 30% of this success is big factions, who have own planets (10% of citizens).

2. REASONS TO OWN
Donators planet are good for people, who really have serious intentions to server, and supported by real money. However this planets are using for:

• safe focal place, to have own centre, for collection, for traning noobs, for joint entertaining, for parking own and stole ships :slight_smile:
  • safe collection of ore supply and hydrogen, making refining centres;
  • place, to raise new ideas for Empyrion Game, where you can collect some ideas, ships, new structures with your mates;
  • to show other factions, that you have “Achievements”, like own planet …
    … this is also part of our community, of our online …

3. TCO
The total cost of ownership (TCO) is important. It is not cost 10$, it is cost much more, and people who really invested this real money, SHOULD have warranties from Admins, that this money going as “donations”, but have real advantages for such people. It will not give you power in PVP, but give you comfort style of gaming. And we have people, who want to buy such comfort.
… do you want comfort ? invest ! or join rich faction, who have own planet …

4. INVESTOR PROTECTION
Im interesting in buying my own planet at any price, just for romantic views, designing something new (like fisherman house, japanese villa, monorail tube, Formula1 racing truck, etc:)), however dont yet and have warranty from Admins, that what I will receive for my donations, at least for next 12 months. While I dont have this warranty, I will not invest such serious ammount of money …
… Admins, who are already succesfull in money raising here, should think about thin balance of money and gameplay …

ROFLMAO… You are funny!! want a “Warranty” for a donation! Don’t like it, don’t donate… which is what you are doing, and im glad, but dont come here complaining please.

wow… where do those stats come from?

how… let me save Rexxus and Achilles the trouble here… Planet type is called… “Donor” that is given as a reward for “Donation” made to the HWS team… or if this is simpler… http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Donation+Definition

odd… you have a 5 line item listing of the benefits of “ownership” in your own words, hehe… nope… no reason to “Donate”

good… they not asking you to “invest”… thats what the stock market is for. BTW… you think the folks that paid the new $300 price vs. those from last season will be cut off in 3 months? :slight_smile: seriously…

In short… RELAX… they are working on alternatives… be patient… youll have your chance… if you can change your way of thinking that is between investment and donation

1 Like

If you’re thinking of it as an investment you’re doing it wrong.

Rex could wake up one day and say “You know what, I’m really tired of running this HWS thing.” and just turn off the servers and reclaim his free time.

6 Likes

Guys,
Dont need to repeat word “donation”, and dont need to spend time for that, I know about it very well, and Rex opened my eyes when Im trying to open eyes to other donaters to understand what is it, and how it is important, and this is just donation.

However, from legal point of view, especcialy about virtual payments, this is donation, however this is part of monetization of servers, it is sensitive issue. in my understanding here is 2 types of donations, which depends from size (regarding US and EU law, who are lawyers here, can you confirm or give feedbacks ?): small ammouns (0.01-19.99$) are can be donation, other amounts (more than 20$, up to 300$/Euro) can be investments/or crowdfunding.

last time people like to call term “donation” as crowdfunding. Rex and Admins making something, and people crowdfunded this HWS project because they really want to see the project to become more interesting, balanaced, stable and real. The main problem is about legal words: a real, true “donation” is when your expect nothing in return. However server giving your some benefit for your donation, this is out of legal issues of previus sentence.

i dont want to discuss about this issue again, anyway Im will be as donator/nvestor/crowdfounder/backer or something else, becouse I like this project, concept, admin approach and top top top online :slight_smile:

Mordgier, Admins will not close servers, becouse they found their core (for last 1,5 year), they touched economic idea of maintaining servers with zero profit balance (or may be more ? :blush:). Good luck HWS …

1 Like

Before I rip you all a new one, and then you return the favor, thanks for all the discussion. DO NOT STOP discussing. this is an Ideas and discussion thread that has landed on donor planets and THE way forward.

Donor Planet owners: Your money is safe. Your planet is safe. You are safe. Please Think in ‘what if’ scenarios rather than attempting to shout louder and louder to drown out any ideas that may or may not chip away at your CLEAR advantage that can be defined as F2P-P2W.

That is called an advantage.

Actually, I was not fine with it in 4.0. I saw it as I do now, a huge game breaking advantage. The autominers are not the cause of the imbalance. The autominers simply add-on to a bigger problem. Did Donor Planet owners complain that they had to mine their exclusive meteors by hand, safe from PVP before the advent of Autominers? Its the exclusive access to the ‘finite’ resources in the game that become, infinite and in-penetrable. As we saw in 3.0, deposits and meteors were shot and destroyed throughout the galaxy in order to drive everyone to the glitch festival that is homeworld. This is not the fault of HWS, this is the Unity Engine.

However,
Going forward, as the game improves and sharpens owning a planet indefinitely, presents a dangerous precedent of economy destroying riches.

Kognami, konami… made a fine point that donor planets are balanced with rep planets. The theory is that if you did not buy a donor planet, and thus did not purchase a huge advantage in the game, you could play the game for 120-170 hours to achieve the right to have something like what Mcprouty was saying: a safe place to set autominers down. This is in fact the very definition of a pay to win system. (P2W).

The very thing the owners of the server have set out not to create. and yet; here we are.

so where is the balance for HWS F2P-P2W Server?

You guys know that I am completely Taking the Piss right?

FUTURE IDEAS!

Rather than Nerf Mcprouty’s monopoly on the market by nerfing his exclusive access to his donor planet, we expand the galaxy.

I know this fly’s in the face of my other post on steam, about smaller tighter galaxies creating more opportunity for PVP and thus driving PVE trade, however, if we also have to fight a monopoly of infinite supplies, its time to think creatively.

What if when Rex- Achilles and gang build the map for 6.0 its huge.
What if there are planets that are winnable. (not mcprouty money planets, other planets).
what if beating a poi on the planet gave you exclusivity for the week.
(yes i know the trolls will flip these on the hour every time its vulnerable, but also think after the trolls after alpha.)

what if you own a donor planet, you are not allowed on some good other planets. part of the BARGAIN you make… you swear off some riches because you have infinite riches. F2P-P2W?
donor owners are not allowed on origin planets. (i want this, but probably to difficult to implement. too harsh. too harsh)

Wow; why am I such an ashole?! It sounds to me like i just want to punish donor planet owners. Yep. There should be an in game price for your RL money or what is the point?! where is the survival?!?! Where is your support for the server if what you are doing in game is destroying the economy and hording the resources?

I forsee a capture the flag like scenerio… this is way in the future when core counts are something we laugh about, and the developers move to unreal engine or Unity engine wraps its heae arond multiple instances… i dont know im know engineer.

spiraling out now. please tell me how im wrong even though i know im not wrong.

thanks.
philigus.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Before 4.0 people got their base ore from chat bot autominers not meteorites. Nevermind that you know the swarm of donator planets came in 4.0

I suggest you learn the game first before you start suggesting how it was and should be.

1 Like

Mining meteors by hand would be an option if t2 drills weren’t so sh^te, so it puts economic balance in a rough spot where people that have the most autominers down make many, many many times more resources than people that mine with hv or t2 drill. Tackling the donator planet imbalance is pretty rough becuase not only do you have to look at it from a none donator point of view but from people who have already donated and people who still want to donate aswell, the best option would obviously be a way that people that have already donated still feel happy about changes, where people who wanted to donate still feel happy about donating and that people who can’t afforded it don’t feel like they stand no chance against donators. Maybe my previous post was a little harsh becuase it’s a buff for none donators but a straight up nerf for donators : / I guess numbers of resources available could always be tweeked afterwards to achieve balance thou. But at the same time how many donators can just sit on their planet all day everyday, the way it is now is taking away excitement from these players, taking away thrills and challenges, so maybe a nerf is just an increase in difficulty adding to their game instead of taking away.

1 Like