Taxes and core counts how exactly do they work?

I have read over the tax rules but it tells me nothing about how core counts are figured on a single playfield. I would like to know if you fly a CV to another playfield and back does it’s core become a new core added to say the 200 core limit that is in play? I know that only the people who brought in cores over the 200 limit were getting taxed. Kind of like first come first served as it should be.I have had a Faction base on Mars X for over a week now and have 1 CV/1 SV/and one HV on the planet.Taking my usual daily trip to ECC I went on HWS Connect and happen to see I am going to be taxed for the CV and SV I took off planet?I checked Mars X core count and it was 157. One other Faction member plans to come here tomorrow with a CV and 2 SV and I wonder if his cores will be taxed also? Please explain how moving ships around affects were there core is counted please. Thanks!:rocket::earth_americas::alien:

Yes, leaving then coming back put you at the end of the tax list.

However, the taxed vessel you’ve seen is probably from the trip to ECC. As the list refresh only about once an hour, it might think you are still there. Unless Mars X have a lower core limit than 200.

2 Likes

Core count is a tally of every cored structure on the playfield. (well technically, every structure that needs a core, even if one is not currently present, aka decored and not despawned yet) Water generators, autominers, etc are not in this list. 250 is basically the hard limit. At that point, playfield corruption is imminent. To try and prevent it from getting that far, at 200 you cannot spawn new structures. That means structures 201 through 250 HAVE TO BE FLOWN IN. There is currently no prevention for entering a playfield based on core limit (though there is a case to be made against people using this mechanic to crash a playfield, as rare as the case may be).
The tax manager is just an updating calculator page, to let you know how much the tax would be in a situation, before it is actually applied. It updates once an hour, so ya if you just left ECC, it will say that you have alot of taxes. This has nothing to do with Mars, or core count anywhere. This is the tax you would pay if you stayed in the tax area (in this case ECC) at the tax reset. Tax is applied at exactly one point in time each day. So as long as you are not at the taxed area when the restart hits, you wont be taxed. Just to be safe though I would recommend leaving a comfort zone of time outside of the area before the restart.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer to my question and now I understand how it work!