I think it would be cool if there was some sort of team RP gain for kill based RP rewards. There are many times where lots of people contribute to a kill, but only one lucky person gets the RP. This is especially easy for people in vehicles with turrets since they auto-target. It could be like:
- All players who receive rewards must have their origin weapon (whether you get the kill or the assist)
- Someone in your faction gets a kill within a certain range of you (if possible, maybe on the same playfield if range is not possible)
- The amount of RP rewarded is some % (maybe 20%?) of the reward given to the player who gets the kill. Examples:
- Pirate kills Federation. Person who gets the kill gets 5 RP. All faction members within range/on playfield get 1 RP.
- Federation kills Pirate. Person who gets the kill gets 10 RP. All faction members within range/on playfield get 2 RP.
I was initially thinking a range would be nice so that people involved in the fighting are the only people that get rewards, but maybe even just same playfield makes sense too - sometimes you’re contributing by running supplies, repairing or scouting.