Teaser: 4th Anniversary of HWS! HWS turns 4 year old on 1st March! Join the Event! | Talking about the Future

RexXxuS didn’t alienate half his playerbase though. The first part was PvE on both servers, the second part was supposed to be PvP. A mistake was made, and the EU event was PvE.

And yes, I wholeheartedly admit I was trolling last night. I am a pirate. I have to get kills and loot to offset OCD costs and mining. I don’t think the event last night on NA could’ve been any more specific in telling you it was PvP. The information was right there, not my fault that some players didn’t read the signs at the Hanger Doors, the map info, or the forums.

And to say we don’t help noobs, just troll and give sarcastic answers? That’s the farthest thing from the truth. I have spent more time in the HWS Discord helping players out, guiding them and helping them with resources than I’ve spent ingame this season. I know @Bob has been doing the same thing.

I know both sides of the spectrum. I was a noob who needed my hand held the entire time I started playing before I got into any position to do the same for those who had helped me. I got more help on this server and it’s amazing population than I have on any other game, regardless of game type.

You say the PvE vs PvP economy isn’t balanced… and it shouldn’t be. Risk vs Reward is a keynote here. If someone wants to mine the rare resources, then they shouldn’t be given for free. The server does say Hard in the server name. This has been a debate for as long as I’ve been playing, and it’s always been that the rare resources are in fact rare.

You single out ABN, where I know we weren’t the only faction in there getting kills. You need someone to blame, and I respect that. I’m glad to be able to facilitate all the salt you have.

Regardless of all of this, thanks for the :salt:. It went quite well on my breakfast this morning.

1 Like

Thanks, @Bob. I saw that you have received several shout outs for your efforts on these forms. And I appreciate the help from the HWS police (sorry I forgot your handle, it started with a “g”) on EU. And I admit I haven’t used the Discord channel as I have in past seasons.

As far as my point being made for me @Chaotic, I post constructive criticism and the trolls get on to negate everything I say and taunt some more. How does that make a server better? I mention a griefing incident in chat and half a dozen players provide the name of the offender, so if it is notoriety sought in a pirate’s life, I guess that is being achieved. I do appreciate the pirates who’ve killed me and provided me a ride home over those who spawn kill me over and over and then claim they are some kind of model pillar of the community, but to each his own. I’d be more impressed if you were doing your pirating without joining the prevailing large guild on the server every season.

Just a little bit of info,
If you are choosing the spawn nearby option over and over when you die in PvP then you are actually the one doing something wrong. You aren’t allowed to keep choosing that option in PvP.
If you do it enough times it’s considered “ammo draining” by you and is against the rules.

And if you don’t spawn back you are accused of combat logging… Can’t have it both ways…

Nope, not at all. Spawning back at home or CV is never considered combat logging.

1 Like

@TwitchyJ, I can’t cb:gohome if I can’t log back in…

@Chaotic, there still needs to be balance. It is not risk, it is certain destruction…especially for solo and or co-op players, who should be able to gain the materials necessary to progress and remain in the end game. More balance would mean more people venturing to PvP areas, as they would have the gear and ships to do so and a chance, however slim, of not getting one-shotted everytime they venture into PvP space…

Why can’t you log back in?
Trying to spawn nearby where you died over and over aren’t the only options available.
You can respawn at home if the option is available, or you can just spawn back on the starter planet and then use the cb:gohome command immediately afterwards. The “Fresh Start” spawn option just takes you back to the starter planet.

If you wish to discuss this further then please take it to a private message, as this has nothing to do with the topic anymore.

A lot of people have suggested adding easy to get end game materials to PVE would increase PVP. I say easy to get because all materials are already available in PVE with a tiny bit of effort/exploration. In a couple of past seasons this has been the case, abundant resources everywhere. It has the opposite of the intended effect, there is substantially less PVP in those seasons because there is no desire to contest most PVP areas. Players hit endgame way faster than they should, they do it 100% in PVE, and then they call it a season and pack up. Not everyone of course, but the dead space is felt in PVP.

And one more time to underline it because it has been repeated so many times, all those end game mats are in PVE.

3 Likes

Agreed. Good resource distribution is one of the strongest sides of HWS, especially in new universe, where PVP orbits got some love too. This season has the best resource driving conflict setup since I started playing (early alpha 8). Lots of action in HW orbit for example, on both servers.

3 Likes

l o l .

1 Like