Terrain not resseting on Atlantis?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> someone have again dig under our faction base on Atlantis (not sure if attempt of griefing or just bored idiot)…given it’s proximity to POI with epic armour, we didn’t want to put land claim device on the base
in last few weeks there were 3-4 persons marked as “inside” our base on proxy logs, last one on friday 5 days ago, around 15h
no matter the trolls (there will always be some), but the terrain didn’t reset, the Swiss cheese of tunnels is still underneath the base
and the base is partially on Polaris territory, if that has any influence on it

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> marko0280

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> noticed it few hours ago, no idea when did it happen

On which Playfield?
=> Atlantis

Structure Name(s)?
=> JVI Atlantis epic armor

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 1301579

How can we help you now?
=> check if the terrain does reset properly

Manually wiping the terrain is not really an option as that’d remove all placeables (AM’s ex.)

But if you send screenshots of proximity log and your base, then maybe admins can tell who it was.

it’s especially not possible because of database corruption.
Before the database the “hard surface” wipe meant, we removed the world.dat file + all .areas files.
In those files autominers and other placeable are stored though.
And those things are now possible to bookmark in the registry.
And that registry is in the database.

Hence all what is left is the “wipe terrain” mode. And that means terrain is regenerated where no bases are located. Everything in the bounding box of player bases/POIs are not touched.

The only legit way of regenerating such terrain is:

1. I do a full planet wipe and everything is gone.
  2. you remove your base and hope nobody else put something down there, so the daily “terrain” wipe can wipe that area regulary.

thx for the explanation

i am not removing the base and i am also not going to fill more then several hundreds of meters of tunnels…but i have filled top of the tunnels underneath the base and i have put a land claim device in it, didn’t check inside of the POI, but from the map, it shouldn’t be a problem for digging in the POI

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.