The Case AGAINST removing OLP on EU

Then stop defending and let your bases fall then plan a counter and take it back when you have the numbers and time to do so. I mean you’re not forced to watch around the clock and ignore work, you choose to do that. OLP isn’t needed in a playfield that is supposed to be about PvP and constant turn around of control.

Once again though, EU server can keep the OLP as long as there is a server, NA, that doesn’t have it in order to encourage constant turn around of control.

Also, if you want to stay and defend and hold the “crown” that you managed to hold a planet for the entire season then more power to you. Not trying to tell you how you should play just that if you’re complaining about having to “ignore work” for a game you might need to adjust your priorities lol. If it’s fun to defend round the clock keep doing it, if it is becoming more work than fun, find a different way to play.

2 Likes

I don’t anymore. I’m more commenting for the sake of others who protect their bases 24/7 now. OLP is great because it does allow people some ability to rest - I think it should be brought back, but with strict rules against people using fake factions to abuse it. I’m looking at you SNA.

I work from home Alandauron, so I can just idle and jump in and defend when I need too. So I don’t ignore work for it, but I completely understand what you are putting down. Life before Empyrion… Empyrion is life…uuurgh.

2 Likes

Glad you didn’t take it negatively, so much easier to have decent conversations that way. Empyrion was once life for me, then my wife got angry…

Ba ha ha ha.

No, I absolutely agree. Empyrion has had an addictive quality on me at times.

Once again folks declaring that they want ‘PVP 24/7’. Easy to say that when the shoe of base ownership is on the other foot; wait until you guys have a stronghold on gg and see how long it lasts for getting offline raided daily…

Best regards
Wise.

Furthermore I have three additional suggestions alongside my three prior points that would only be applied on a PVP hotspot like GG.

1. Increase the OLP ‘spool-up’ (activation) time after log-off from 20/30 minutes to 45 minutes or even an hour.

2. Decrease the amount of time OLP stays active for from 36ish odd hours down to 20-24.

3. Decrease how long it takes before an abandoned structure is deleted on GG [Therefore cleaning up the playfield a lil’ bit more.]

Also I hope everyone here is aware that Rexxus has already confirmed that OLP is returning to NA so you guys are going to have to learn to live with it once-again. If it doesn’t get abused it hopefully won’t get removed. The main issue is that OLP can be exploited sometimes; if there were more mods/admins then Rexxus and his team could successfully uphold the rules of NA and therefore prevent the removal of OP.

However from threads like this: NA friendzone. Free hugs I can rightly understand why Rexxus is fearful to enlist anyone from NA to aid him. now i’m not trying to throw shade over all of NA here as that would be unjustified and unfair. However when most of it is coming from the large PVP factions from either side; then that suddenly becomes the defining narrative of NA. Therefore you have less rules due to a lack of mods and less features due to a lack of policing. It consequently doesn’t help when it feels like some of your factions on NA simply want a removal of OLP to aid them instead of having any genuine mechanics/features discussions other than ‘24/7 pvp’

Luckily I know Andrea and Gareth are doing a fantastic job trying to police both these days by regularly flying through the uncanny valley known as CSW.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Don’t get me wrong we on EU have had our issues, yet we still have OLP as we didn’t abuse it to hell and back; yes a few people tried to circumvent the rules but we got them punished instead of simply reverting to their level.

Best regards
Wise.

but with strict rules against people using fake factions to abuse it. I’m looking at you SNA.

Oh, Ranzeth. Still ignoring the 12 bases around your cluster (half with OLP active) for the first half on the season and pointing at 2 lone towers. shakes head

1 Like

I believe devs can fix most problems above with making blueprints spawn process visible:
when user starts spawning vehicle or base area being surrounded with truss blocks and being filled with blueprint depending on blueprint spawn time. starting from core of course. so it is crystal clear visible that something going to be spawn. you can raid it and loot almost everything on the late spawning stage.no more immediate spawns tons of bases and HVs.

I’ve read the entire thread and nowhere is anything “refuted” if anything you only make my case more in posts on here talking about how bases are safe offline but turrets still fire out. Not to mention just this season someone made a post about how they love building a base in the ground and watching their turrets take apart people trying to destroy their base then they log off before any real damage can be done to their base. Considering there’s no OLP on NA then that is someone from EU and that tactic is part of the problem with OLP.

“What’s that, someone is attacking my base, ok time to log off.” To me that is abuse of the mechanics.

I’m sorry but this argument has absolutely no relevance in the current discussion of issues with the current systems and how we can improve them.

No, you can still come down and base, PvP, or mine when everyone is online. You don’t have to have a base already on the planet to actually interact on that planet. TAW has maintained a constant presence on GG for the NA server, that hasn’t stopped other people from going down and kicking the crap out of them for a period of time while letting allies or friends mine somewhere else. The case for OLP on NA is weak at best, if it were my call there wouldn’t be OLP period, but EU is a different style and I don’t play there so I’m fine leaving it as is.

You mentioned it here:

So I was addressing that.

Also I guess what you’re basing that on is a couple posts where Rex said, “I think” Considering that he’s still “thinking” about it that’s why I’m making the case for not restoring OLP on NA cause it’s a bad idea and it will simply be abused once again in whatever legal ways players can abuse it. It’s actually still abused on EU based off what I’ve read, but you guys are fine with it so you can keep it as long as it doesn’t impact NA which is much more active in PvP.

P.S. Wiseman I appreciate your fervor related to OLP but when something is mentioned in another thread that doesn’t mean you have to go reign everyone in and try to control the situation.

Hey Bud, with the refuting bit it’s all about how people have real lives also and so on and therefore we shouldn’t be catering to the extreme fringes that want PVP 24/7 as it only benefits those who have more time than others instead of actual gameplay. There’s nothing PVP about base raiding when the players are offline, as it’s not player vs player; it’s player vs Base.

This is where on the other (more relevant) thread I posted that OLP spool-up time should be doubled. To prevent this kind of abuse. So if someone logs off in order to activate OLP during a firefight; the other team has roughly an hour to take down a base (ample time for a partially organised attacker IMHO).

This is relevant as on 6.0 like i mentiond there were no PVP bases, as nobody was willing to get offline-raided due to a complete lack of offline protection. And as someone who has been around a while I can tell you that when it comes to ‘improving’ the game; removing OLP (especially on EU) would have the complete opposite effect. Therefore I believed it was relevant to point out that this is your first season in PVP therefore unlike me you have no prior experience to compare it to. This is not a bad-thing entirely mind-you, as it means that you aren’t constrained by my style of thinking in the context of the other seasons; but it does mean that you miss that wider context! Which is important to note.

Ok first thing:

• Rexx has already said he will ban abusers. My advice to NA pvpers is to have videos recording when they’re fighting so that these rule-breakers and abusers can be quickly dealt with, and yes there was two cases of abuse at the beginning of the EU season; whilst the rest of the season was pitch perfect (on EU) afterwards :slight_smile: Something i’m very proud of,

• Also our PVP community is not smaller; i know Rexxus thought so also but this is incorrect.

• RED+OPG+SWP+L=about 40-50 members.

• GMC+AAA+UST+ACM= 50-60 members. So i don’t know where this has come from but on EU we have a large pvp community also; but most importantly it is healthier and less extremely competitive than the other PVP facs; which results in less abuse and less salt over general things.

• At this stage we’ve gone over every possible point one thousand times. And this is why

I refer to the relevant topic numerous times, so we can keep track of all the suggestions in one place; it’s less about control and more about having an interactive index in which we can locate every possible point of contention over OLP in a single space, instead of it being spread over multiple spaces and threads and then it becomes a mess to keep track of all the information and points that have been shared, it’s far more about forum etiquette than about anything else; i assure you, it’s not like I have some automatic win button hidden in OLP thread, it’s simplier easier to keep track of things.

Best regards
Wise.

PS: Overall i’m simply happy there’s someone who matches my fervour on this topic! Even if we’re on opposite sides and server regarding it! :slight_smile:

PS PS: OOPS didn’t realise this was the ‘OLP thread’ ahahah!

I vote for OP and for reducing the time for it after logoff to 2 minutes. Thats the time attackers need for steamrolling a base at the moment.

I’m for OLP but against this change as that would massively damage PVP as people would use logging off as a weapon (similarly to what Alandauron said).

Therefore if anything the spool up time should be increased to punish those who are logging off whilst being attacked. And tbh even if it was 5 minutes a big enough fac can still damage a base to the point of it not being worth repairing if they have enough ships.

This is why to me it’s important to remember that GG has always been for the big PVP vet factions, it was never made for 1-man or new factions/players; it’s intention was to act as a PVP hotspot, and by having bases acting as the anchor-points of PVP that is what it does.
Best regards
Wise

Not sure what OLP delay is set to currently but I feel that 15-30 minutes would be a good way to discourage the log off protection method of abuse. You either log off and accept your base is dead or remain and try to defend.

Large factions can wreck a base pretty quick, sure, but what about that 2-3 man group that just wanted to see how they fared against a full base? Everything shouldn’t be centered around, “well a large faction can…” That’s the perk to joining a large faction but it also makes them a target to be ganged up against. Figure out different tactics, that’s what I always do.

its currently 20 min and yeah iagree with your 2nd point also :slight_smile:

we are in a aliance over on NA, we could come over to GG put 50 bases over the surface of your planet
and you could do nothing but a ticket it to be told they are following the rules and to
deal with it. we know because we have done it already with 10 this season and not broken one rule

how is that not a broken system and do you think that is a strong case for OLP as much
as i would like our aliance to take GG from you on the EU we wouldnt because its
just not cricket!. OLP is uter rubbish please answer me this why do you need to live in a PvP
playfeild for god sake ive tried to answer that myself??.

You would have to create 25 factions to place 50 bases on our planet. So goodluck with that.

Furthermore Rexx has already stated that those abusing OLP will be punished.

Living in PVP is less about ‘living’ and more about constant fighting. We at GMC only lasted two weeks with two base setups on GG but it was AWESOME! They act as anchor points and centre the PVP fighting. :slight_smile:

I’ve made all the points i’ll almost ever make-on PVP, and if you aren’t convinced by all the points i’ve raised above then i’m beyond trying to help the issue in regards to NA.

Best regards
Wise.

Our rules must be difrent to yours then we get 5 bases per person, but we could
still do it just so you know we got the manpower.

On GG at one point you had 10 bases per person, as a result of the lack of OLP, the beauty of OLP is that you need less active bases as they were only open to attack if you are online (doesn’t necessarily mean you’re on the same playfield as your base mind-you).

Best regards
Wise.

we dont have a problem on NA its you that has the problem with wanting to clasp onto OLP
we dont care about OLP on EU as much as you care obout it on NA!.

I DONT care about OLP on NA lol, i just dont want your NA issues flowing over into EU dude. Simple as that. When I saw folks posting suggestions without making a distinction i decided to get involved.

I believe you’ve missed the point; i don’t really care what happens on NA. But if Rexxus is going to copy the config on one server to another then I intend to have OLP be a part of that config.

Best regards
Wise.