The Case AGAINST removing OLP on EU

Not sure what OLP delay is set to currently but I feel that 15-30 minutes would be a good way to discourage the log off protection method of abuse. You either log off and accept your base is dead or remain and try to defend.

Large factions can wreck a base pretty quick, sure, but what about that 2-3 man group that just wanted to see how they fared against a full base? Everything shouldn’t be centered around, “well a large faction can…” That’s the perk to joining a large faction but it also makes them a target to be ganged up against. Figure out different tactics, that’s what I always do.

its currently 20 min and yeah iagree with your 2nd point also :slight_smile:

we are in a aliance over on NA, we could come over to GG put 50 bases over the surface of your planet
and you could do nothing but a ticket it to be told they are following the rules and to
deal with it. we know because we have done it already with 10 this season and not broken one rule

how is that not a broken system and do you think that is a strong case for OLP as much
as i would like our aliance to take GG from you on the EU we wouldnt because its
just not cricket!. OLP is uter rubbish please answer me this why do you need to live in a PvP
playfeild for god sake ive tried to answer that myself??.

You would have to create 25 factions to place 50 bases on our planet. So goodluck with that.

Furthermore Rexx has already stated that those abusing OLP will be punished.

Living in PVP is less about ‘living’ and more about constant fighting. We at GMC only lasted two weeks with two base setups on GG but it was AWESOME! They act as anchor points and centre the PVP fighting. :slight_smile:

I’ve made all the points i’ll almost ever make-on PVP, and if you aren’t convinced by all the points i’ve raised above then i’m beyond trying to help the issue in regards to NA.

Best regards
Wise.

Our rules must be difrent to yours then we get 5 bases per person, but we could
still do it just so you know we got the manpower.

On GG at one point you had 10 bases per person, as a result of the lack of OLP, the beauty of OLP is that you need less active bases as they were only open to attack if you are online (doesn’t necessarily mean you’re on the same playfield as your base mind-you).

Best regards
Wise.

we dont have a problem on NA its you that has the problem with wanting to clasp onto OLP
we dont care about OLP on EU as much as you care obout it on NA!.

I DONT care about OLP on NA lol, i just dont want your NA issues flowing over into EU dude. Simple as that. When I saw folks posting suggestions without making a distinction i decided to get involved.

I believe you’ve missed the point; i don’t really care what happens on NA. But if Rexxus is going to copy the config on one server to another then I intend to have OLP be a part of that config.

Best regards
Wise.

i uderstand i hope you get what you want in 8.0 because its still all up in the air still.

I don’t think so, here’s one of Rexxus’ posts near the beginning of this thread:

I’m making multiple cases for (and sometimes against) certain parts of OLP to highlight the issue as a whole, and expand upon the debate instead of simply arguing over the same tired-old ground.

That’s the entire post, but if you wish to look at-it yourself then it’s post number 6 or 7 i think.

Best regards
Wise :slight_smile:

Sadly none of the proposed solutions so anything to prevent the alt exploit. To bring OLP back on NA Rex would need to do IP checks and have players register their alts characters. You’d be allowed to have them but they would either A have to be in the same faction or B not participate in PvP.

1 Like

IP restrictions aren’t gonna change anything.

Loads of people share internet connections with family/neighbours (i do, cheaper for both of us) + there are a ton of other ways to hide ones ip address.
Just because two people playing on the same server has the same ip address doesn’t mean it’s an alt.

An example: Here in Sweden a lot of ISP’s are starting to share a single IPv4 address between multiple clients due to the shortage of IPv4 addresses being available.
You could be sharing a single IPv4 between a thousand other people.

Things like this is probably used in other countries as well since IPv4 addresses are about to run out so it’s gonna become even less of an identifier.

IPv4 addresses ran out years ago. There’s still ways to determine if the person is using the same unit for different accounts. I just use IP because people understand that.

1 Like

Even if Rex could see HW identifiers things like that can be spoofed with relative ease, so still.

Won’t change anything.

The vast majority of people have no idea how to do that, it would change plenty. People who just made alts to benefit from the same advantages others were exploiting would not exploit anymore.

It’s at least a step in the right direction.

1 Like

I agree, although it may not solve all our problems overnight it most certainly is a step in the right direction and is the best option we have as-of-now @karuoxa.

Best regards
Wise.