The "Discord Feature"

so I made the Bot and did the steps to added it to helper but bots offline and dont seam work what did i miss? i also on full vers of the EAH i use the master slave on a GTXgaming server

Hey,

I guess you checked the website:
https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/documentation/features/discord

You have to set it on the master config (not on the slave).
Also make sure the Token is right. And restart the master tool afterwards.

If that does not work maybe you could send me the master EAH logs ("\EmpAdminHelper\Logs")

ya i did and i even restarted it but when i hit the reload discord button i have no clue if worked or not i did it on the master config though the slave would that be it ? ya i send to ya i do it again just make sure all numbers are correct and send to ya

The “Reload discord” button would actually not work if you use master/slave --> therefore the restart of the master.

ya that what i did each time ya i have get back to ya i been trying edit the stuff u get when u start and it keeps breaking my game so i have fix it but its 4 am now i need sleep i deal with it tomorrow …i try send that log to ya 1s i get it back up …

1 Like

its seams be fully working now not sure why it did not work before but works fine now…on another a Note the CB:Survival command what files do i have delete each wipe to let players get it again ,i wiped the game folders fully and even the player folder but same thing says already got it even when its afresh new char after a wipe

Glad to hear.

CB:Survival: You can reset it for the players (you can select multiple) via EAH: Right click “Edit\Reset Survival”
Deleting files in the gamefolder does not help since a EAH feature.

ya done that muti times and does not work …for me at lest

I am having the same issue. I have created the App Empyrion and added a bot user in it. I got the Token from the user, added it to the Set Discord Token in the EAH, and then right clicked on the public channel I wanted it it and copied the ID and added that into the EAH. I hit the Reload Discord button several times, no go. I quit out of the EAH and reboot it several times, still no go. All of the information is still in the tool, but it just wont talk between the EAH and Discord.

Do you get the same error message about Unauthorized Exception in the logs?
Did you try the same settings with another tool/program that uses discord. I don’t know discord that well but I heard that setting it up correct is not always easy.

i found out u must have the master/slave and be running Full vers of EAH tool and u have make sure the master tool is running and all correct info is in it …i got my working after i re did all steps and readded in new codes and Discord Ids

1 Like

I am running the dedicated server/eah master from my home computer. I used all the correct info for copying the channel ID to put in the Public Channel, and then the Bot User discord token.
Here is what is in the log about discord.

11.09.2018 07:01:07.390 E Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DSharpPlus.Net.WebSocket.WebSocketClient.SendMessageAsync(String message)
at DSharpPlus.DiscordClient.InternalUpdateStatusAsync(DiscordGame game, Nullable1 user_status, Nullable1 idle_since)
at EmpAdminHelper.Discord_API.OH.MoveNext(): Further Infos: Discord - Init - Inner Status -
11.09.2018 07:01:07.392 E Last Errors: Error: DSharpPlus: 91
: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

hm yeah that error is from the discord tool. But that should not be the problem.
Is the firewall set right? (maybe turn it off for a minute to test it).
No other error about UnauthorizedAccess or so in the logs?

So you run the empyrion Server on your local home PC where EAH also runs on?

Yes, the tool and server are both run locally on my home computer. I have tried shutting the firewall off completely and it still doesn’t work. Im only using my home computer as I use my own server to make maps/galaxies for a different server, and that server is wanting to get the EAH/Discord working correctly. The bot i created shows up in my server, but shows as offline. After reading more, I have to add code and everything to run the bot from my computer also?

I honestly don’t know Discord that well. Rex did the discord settings.
I believe that the tool I use has some problems sometimes. But most often it was just some settings that were wrong.
Not sure what else it could be.

I figured out my issue. I had to use a different tutorial about actually building a bot to run on my computer. Once I built the bot in code and have it actively running on my computer, the bot is showing as online in Discord now and will relay messages from Empyrion to Discord, but not Discord to Empyrion.

I used this tutorial on creating a bot, and followed it to the letter to create a bot. Running this bot on my computer allows it to be “online” for discord, and will allow the EAH to communicate with Discord.

For anyone else having the same issues that I have

1 Like

Thank you. Glad it worked.
But Discord to Empyrion does not work?
When you send a message in discord, do you get an Error in the logs?(sometimes I noticed if you used @ … he has problems to resolve it)
Remember only the public or faction chats can write back to the game. The Admin chat is only to listen.

Yeah, the public chat channel won’t broadcast back to the game. Not using any prefixes at all, just chatting normally. Even with it half way working, it still throws this error.

11.09.2018 08:18:36.452 I Discord - Connect Start
11.09.2018 08:18:36.453 I Discord - Connect
11.09.2018 08:18:36.576 I Discord - Connect End
11.09.2018 08:18:36.580 I Init_Tool - Done
11.09.2018 08:18:36.588 I Check Player on Toolstart
11.09.2018 08:18:36.592 I Loading Player Inventory
11.09.2018 08:18:37.978 I Telnet Connect: API SetStatus
11.09.2018 08:18:37.979 I API/Sync/Telnet Connection Status: Connected
11.09.2018 08:18:38.494 I Reload All - Start
11.09.2018 08:18:38.496 I Start_Async - Start
11.09.2018 08:18:38.506 I Reload All - End
11.09.2018 08:18:38.538 I Start_Async - End Run, Load Files
11.09.2018 08:18:38.554 I Start_Async - End Run End
11.09.2018 08:18:39.464 E Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DSharpPlus.Net.WebSocket.WebSocketClient.SendMessageAsync(String message)
at DSharpPlus.DiscordClient.InternalUpdateStatusAsync(DiscordGame game, Nullable1 user_status, Nullable1 idle_since)
at EmpAdminHelper.Discord_API.OH.MoveNext(): Further Infos: Discord - Init - Inner Status -
11.09.2018 08:18:39.466 E Last Errors: Error: DSharpPlus: 91
: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.