The Galaxy is a Bust!

Get to work you slacker! Discover those worlds :laughing:

2 Likes

It has begun on EU.

1 Like

Definitely seeing the same disconnects in EU as we are in NA just not nearly as frequent. I did not get to as many systems as the others but there were significant lag spikes and delays more than any seasons past. With the errors in the console it is hard to determine all factors in the cause. Perhaps if there were specific tasks we could hammer together as a group to stress different areas of the universe. @RexXxuS does anything come to mind that would assist the most in unraveling this mystery?

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing a lot of lag issues. and delays in chat box commands. I don’t know if Rex fix it on his side. eleon game studios could come out with a patch or a fix what we need to go to their forums too. 9 times out of 10 Rex his hands are tied. through anecdotal evidence. every big patch eleon game studios puts out, they try to rectify on the next Alpha.

it’s not like we’re losing pillars of the community. anybody that’s been a veteran of hws understands that this is a alpha. this is what we signed up for. unfortunately you can’t get your way or have it now. eleon game studios and Rex are working on it.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Best regards,
Wise.
good to have you back your one of the pillars of the community

2 Likes

Cheers mate! Thanks for your compliment, it’s appreciated!

I hope you’re doing well also! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise.

Food for thought. This is another reason we are experiencing lag. That is an awful lot of calculations for the LY distances seen here. The game has lots of data to process and send to us all. I noticed there were quit messages popping up for myself and others as I was doing different tasks in game. It seems mass inventory shifts from one box to another is a huge culprit. More so when the sorting feature is enabled.

1 Like

Why would any static number ever be “calculated?”

yes it is static in the server but not onour machines. hit the map when u 1st load the game and wait for the lines to appear. This was producing the disconnect screen at times when it stuttered loading the lines, then the numbers. could just be a coincidence but seems to be more of a factor the more I see it happening. usually noticing more often with a lot of players but im thinking the updates being pushed to us are affecting everyone, not just specific people running commands.

to properly test my theory we would need several players to do the same functions at the same time and see if it affects anyone else at the same time. would need group effort to properly test this and get the best feedback to the powers that can make the changes. @RexXxuS does this make any sense or am i just spinning tires like everyone else? trying to see of we can narrow down the biggest culprits so if there is anything u think we should hammer to generate logs, plz let us know.

No, for me it does make sense but I couldn’t technically proof it yet and Devs don’t help me anymore.
So as you said we would need to do our own testing again.
Maybe you could mobilize some crowd and do it.

I mean 2 patches ago a big DB network bug got also fixed, because hovering over solar system triggered each time a database query, sent over the Network…

Nobody knows what could be now the issue with those disconnects.

It’s like CPU back in the days.
Everyone thought he is smart and turned CPU off. Only to realize that it doesn’t fix a lot because Devs also added a crap new Flight Controller which was tested only with CPU ON.

Same here, even if I remove this Singleplayer Feature “Galaxy”, we are still standing in the rain with this unfinished piece of Database.
And sure, like the last weeks I can now spend again 6-8 hours a day crawling logs and Database tables but I lost fun in doing it and I finally want to start on the real game, adding a working Commodity system, a Campaign, Quests, etc.

3 Likes

Gathering the troops to break stuffs now :slight_smile: going to start hammering specific commands at the same time to see if it floods the logs with the errors u need to pinpoint the issues.