The HWS 13 Last Chance Initiative for banned players | Updated Terms of Use

And we rely solely on HWS to determain this after they’ve already ruled that they aren’t fit to play here? To even give the posibility of return for some of these people? I can’t see it, it’s just an empty statement if its just exception after exception…

If we cannot forgive others for their mistakes when they are sincere, how can we hope to forgive ourselves for the mistakes we make? There are not many on earth that are beyond redemption. Yes damage has been done. Opening old wounds can be very painful. Only by moving forward can we get past adversities. There are probationary tactics available that could be used. I have no doubt the team will make the right choice for all. It is up to us to respect their decisions even if we do not fully agree with them. Only time will show true intentions. One can drive themselves mad thinking of what could go wrong. I know…I have :wink:

“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.”
― Aristotle

3 Likes

You seriously have been carrying all this anger around for two years? I don’t trust someones judgment who is this angry. sorry This happened in 2018 are you serious?

1 Like

No offense, but most of these cases didn’t even involve you and never will. You say you are sure HWS is capable of correctly handling each case, but I have very little confidence they are at this point.

I voice my personal opinion and disgree with you completely.

Here’s a good quote for you then…
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I’m sure Rex’s intentions were not to call out specific instances…

You can forgive those that slighted you, but you’ll usually never forget.
I forgive ultima, and understand why he did what he did. It’s old history that keeps repeating itself. Neither I nor him can ever change who we are, but I am certainly not about to forget what happened now or ever. Accountability is key. You don’t just un-perma-ban people because it’s been a very long time or because the people who where “angry” have left.

No this is incorrect that absolutism really doesn’t exist. I’m pretty sure you both are not the exact same person you were in 2018 as you are now in 2020 going into 2021.

Also, Rexx is not just going to unbann someone just because its been very long, his going to see and judge what the person has to say, and that person has to convince Rexx the owner of this server, and why he should be let back in and with conditions.

Zacky, we here in the hws community and Rexx are not as naive as you think.

We cannot change the past and should never forget it. Learning from the past can help our future. This has taught you to be cautious in your future dealings. Be it good or bad, we have the ability to grow from our past selves. I myself have made more mistakes than I care to admit. I have not forgotten any of them. They are what drives me to be a better version of myself each day. Will this work for everyone? There is a way to find out…

2 Likes

A little off topic but a bit related. There was a suggestion if that may actually be good for this if possible. If there were a player origin that was able to be damaged in all zones but could only damage other players in PvP zones. They could interact in PvE but if they step out of line… Yes there is always the possibility of grieving. Perhaps this could be the “Road to Redemption” some players would need to prove their sincerity. They would know full well taking goods to the OCD zone on ECC could be met with remnants of past discretions come back to haunt them. Could also have limits enforced on their OCD contents and/or bank levels. Several possibilities here if we think on it.

1 Like

Who’s this we here? I don’t see any representation or a council of community members, only HWS deciding to be nice. “We” implies there was a vote on this or really any prior discussion.

I have given HWS the benefit of the doubt for the past 3 years and most times I gotta say it’s let me down. You both have no idea what happened in the past to cause these bans, only HWS does which is the issue. No oversight on this, just one guy who will make mistakes because he is only human.

I just can’t trust that this’ll be handled right given what has been publically declared. Maybe ultima is the exception to this post that rex mentioned, but for others I am sure there is people like ultima who might be looked at, which I can’t agree with.

“We” as the community. Rex asked our opinion on this matter in general. Not on a specific. There is another post for your specific grievance. Yes you of all people should very much have a say here due to first hand experience. Please try to think on this post for the ones you do not know the specifics. Not all were banned for the same reasons. Not all are willing to put forth effort to return. Those that request this type of change will each require lots of specific discussion I’m afraid.

1 Like

Ok that would be fair, but this post does not make this clear.

Unfortunately this is another language/translation barrier. The messages are not always clear for many of us.

This is a painful but necessary topic. This truly shows how much @RexXxuS does care about our community. Including those banished from it. I trust he will take all our input and make the right decision. We can provide feedback on ways to help us all.

“Heavy is the head that wears the crown.”

1 Like

i believe some should be givin the chance to return . everyone makes mistakes

2 Likes

put em to work for the community. the escargot infestation is awful in some parts of the galaxy :wink:

I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

paid them, because of the state of the game. However, those who do…

they’re

IceDrugg, for example, seems…

Also, the and was not necessary.

could have just played the game in secret, but the fact that he’s making this public, talking to the HWS community, and apologizing, tells me…

I don’t trust someone who’s judgement is this impaired by anger, sorry. This happened in 2018, are you serious?

No, this is incorrect, that…

in 2018, as you are now in 2020, going into 2021.

unban someone just because it’s been a long time, he’s going to see…
Rex, the owner of the server, why he or she should be let back in, with conditions.

Zacky, the HWS community, Rex, and I are not as naive as you think.

Sorry guys, I know this looks like I’m coming across as an ass, grammar nazi, probably even a dozen other things. However, it bugs me when people use proper grammar in half a sentence and improper grammar in the other half. When I see that, it appears to me they don’t know how to write properly.

@Israel_T-C, I have nothing against you, like half the people in the forum do this, you’re just the first person that I saw who made these mistakes. If you don’t put any commas or apostrophes, I know you just aren’t bothering - and that’s fine - but when I see those, I know you tried, but failed, to use proper grammar. That incorrect attempt is what gets me to come in and make a comment, when I see it, and when I want to waste time trying to help people who will likely ignore it.

Anyway when I see a sentence like this I know whoevers doing it just doesnt bother with grammer so i dont even try to fix it

It’s just when I see a post like this one, we’re someone tried, but failed, to properly craft there sentence.

1 Like

So it seems you like to point out other’s mistakes rather than provide constructive feedback. Publicly pointing out other’s shortcomings does not win you any awards. Please try to stay on topic. This is not 9th grade English class.

I let this go the first time you did it, Will, but now you keep doing this and no moderates have called you out on it, so now i will. Why the need to troll and to intentionally derail this thread instead of sticking to the topic of the post? This type of trolling shows Rexx and the rest of the hws community that you don’t actually care about the topic of the post and are more interested in trolling.

I could have corrected you from the first comment you made on this thread but i don’t feel the need to compensate like you do. The word “unless” should not be capitalized after a comma, let alone all the letters of the word. Only the name of a place or someones name should be capitalized after a comma. See i can do it too? There is more but i’m not going to waste my time and everyone else’s time on derailing this thread like you did.

As you can see Mr. perfect grammar, your grimmer is actually not perfect. And this is not a perfect writing contest anyways, Will, grow up! Do you really think i will stop saying payed and their because you feel the need to compensate? Stop derailing the thread with your nonsense. thanks