The mythical OCD 6

MAN… EU of course

csw is back up…

I’m almost sure i saw rex write in chat that OCD/bank/AMs don’t jump from server to server with you…?

No but surely items do?

Items / ships do yes

Alrighty, we have reached our goal thanks to our efforts on armageddon! I can happily verify that LoT will in fact have OCD 6 available for the 6.0 wipe. To that end, I will keep open the options above for those wishing for a large scale or permanent arrangement for safe storage, as well as the following:
Pay Per Item:
LoT will store any items for interested individuals on a per item basis. For a mere 5k credits you can store One Epic weapon or Autominer Core in the OCD for storage until after the 6.0 wipe. After that time, you may arrange a pickup time at the LoT Shop in city auxilio at your earliest convenience. We also offer Cross wipe money laundering for a 20% fee. We will exchange it out for gold coins/ingots, which will then be stored safely in the OCD until after the wipe. At this time an eb account transfer will be made to your account number on the first day, and you will have your credits available for use.
Again, feel free to respond either here, in forum private message, or discord private message if interested.

2 Likes

I’m definitely down for storing the epic. Would be a good way to get started back up quickly!

So what , why you so afraid to start over gather all special equipment and resources again , like many other new to hws players ?
Common HWS players should stop to cry and panic about main hws wipes and look at it as opportunity of fresh start and new adventures .
I am only one taking care of supplies in my faction (EnA) and in only one hws season i gathered enough resources for next 2 or more . Created so many big (8500-17000 blocks) CV ships that will have to spend days to scrap those before 6.0 . I cant imagine what faction with more that 2 members can reach .

Maybe if ya don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it.
Im glad you have supplies, thats great. This is a whole other thing besides material gathering though. Anyone can get ocd 5, and it is great for storing supplies for the next version. But for those who have invested in non renewable materials (things not obtainable from meteorites or autominers, obviously epics and am’s are technically renewable) this gives them the opportunity to save some, rather than having to try and sell them to someone else for a fraction of their value, hoping that other person will not be aware that they will not fit in an ocd 5.
I would like to point out that all players will be on the same footing after the wipe, regardless of ocd status, atleast for a little bit, due to the lack of ocd on starters. This ocd6 gives larger factions an opportunity to get back to roughly where they were in the end game, rather than negate hundreds of hours of work and gametime. If you sincerely have a problem with a full wipe, in terms of everyone having absolutely nothing after a wipe, then why have you yourself been scrapping ships and gathering materials? Go to another server where everything goes poof and your special snowflake feelings dont get hurt that veteran players arent on the exact same level as you. This is for those who understand the implications and benefits of this investment.

1 Like

The point of a full wipe is to start from base, along with everyone else, taking in all the extra/new/changed content in stride.

As a rebuttal to [quote=“mcprouty, post:17, topic:4743”]
I would like to point out that all players will be on the same footing after the wipe, regardless of ocd status, atleast for a little bit, due to the lack of ocd on starters.[/quote] in terms of fair that means nothing. It simply means while other factions/new members are grinding their way to prep to colonize, the OCD using factions will simply be pushing to get offworld ASAP to unload OCD and setup shop day 1, while the rest of the playbase plays catch up only to zone into nodes dominated, massive bases fortified, and fleets waiting.

Personally, I think OCD should wipe along with everything else on major releases because it simply creates an imbalance akin to cheating, but that’s my opinion.

It’s a feature of HWS. If you consider it cheating, probably not the right server for you, as it’s part of the servers allure.

I certainly Respect the opinion, but it’s like complaining Burger King fried food and it’s bad for you while you eat your whopper … or maybe chicken salad if you plan on not using your own OCD.

3 Likes

So just to be clear here, you responded to a month old thread to say that you dont think all the work I did to bring this plan to fruition was ok, and was[quote=“XxSTOZZYxX, post:18, topic:4743”]
akin to cheating
[/quote]

because you dont like a feature that is one of the things that makes HWS unique from other servers. Literally only three servers have it. If it bothers you, after the wipe go play on pretty much any other server.

1 Like

YEAH! We don’t take kindly to people that don’t take kindly to OCD round here.

Kinda brash don’t ya think?

I get it’s a feature, and a good one. I just think it should be subject to wipes on a major release. Simple opinionation. Also I don’t consider it cheating in it’s normal form… Clearly said akin to due to the imbalance at a fresh start.

I also don’t think it’s part of the allure. I knew nothing about the ocd before I started HWS, nor anyone I brought over to HWS, and haven’t used it even after becoming a donator.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the community was the draw that made it the right server for us, not an add-on. Sooooo, we’re gonna stick around.

Glad you respect the opinion though. Good luck gettin that 6.

1 Like

I understand, and honestly I do respect the opinion. Its a common discussion on the forums, but the general consensus has been that the ocd carrying through wipes helps to keep people interested despite major version wipes, and to provide a sense of continuity. I didnt mean it as “if you dont like it you can get out”, I literally meant that it is in fact an option to not have the feature, and that a wipe is the perfect time to try it out. but I can tell you that one of the reasons we have a good community is the work that has been put in to keep good people around, and make the game experience better.

Oh and we successfully got ocd 6 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Final call for storage before the 6.0 apocalypse!!!
I will be in the market this afternoon if anyone has epics or autominers they want stored.

1 Like

Alrighty looks like we got the last little hitch sorted out, all those who stored items for 6.0, they will be available for pickup this evening from the EGS Bank, or we can arrange a meeting at a later date. Please message via Discord to let me know you are ready to pick up, and I will prepare your items for your arrival.

I have ocd 6 lolz, its 7 im after!!! how much is 7?

lol this is a 6 month old thread. I believe OCD 7 has been dropped in price to only 700 million. Start saving

1 Like

did i ever pick up my stuff :joy::joy::joy: