The Two Forum System

Getting real tired of these trusted discussions popping up. They still show in the discord notifications, along with the first few paragraphs of the post. Why split the community further? When you remove people from the discussion and try to have it “behind closed doors” on the public forum, your intentions are pretty clear regardless of what you tell the admins. Sounding boards are not how you grow ideas and reach consensus for the server. Honestly I am taking a break from HWS at this point, I have had 2 somewhat real fights in PVP and dozens on the forum this season, this is not what I signed up to play. The community is broken.

3 Likes

I haven’t read what you’re referring to yet, but what’s the difference between that and a group PM? After seeing what happened to the last thread that tried to promote constructive discussion that was open to everyone, obviously people cannot handle it.

The forum “trust level” system is open to everyone but has a standard of participation you need to reach. I don’t think it was meant to be exclusive but it was meant as an achievement for the “top contributors” on the forums and a place for the people who take the time to read and respond the most on here.

I see no issue with that, no changes or discussions that would need community involvement take place there and it could all be accomplished in a group PM otherwise

We have differing opinions then, but I have enough proof to keep most of my posts in Lounge because they don’t turn out like this one. Will's Little Poll about fairness nothing is achieved if the entire conversation is filled with toxicity, I gave everyone access under the advisement of both RexXus and BoB and Ozi, so that I could get berated like the below screenshots.

“at the first toxic comment it is being moved back to the lounge,” Broxa’s comment was the first, I had three people DM me it was getting out of hand and I needed to move it. I was in the middle of a meeting with the manager of Lowes, but as soon as I got out I read and closed it. I wish it hadn’t stayed open as long as it did.

I’m tired of getting berated, plain and simple. If the whole forum needs to know about it, the whole forum will be able to know about it, if you want to join then earn trust level three. The requirements are all the way at the bottom.

I think everyone deserves somewhere they can post and receive community feedback without getting overwhelmed with rude and insensitive comments, The Lounge is the only place I seem to be able to post things and actually recieve helpful feedback that doesn’t turn into an absolute nightmare of mud slinging.

Sincerely,

WillEatsPie

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/uploads/default/original/2X/d/d729d8653561ec747dadce819780b0ad45633d50.png

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

Must have visited at least 50% of days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended or silenced

2 Likes

while humor is subjective, so is toxicity. i have noticed what i consider to be toxicity posted on the forums and discord under the guise of this “constructive discussion.” a child like mentality to constantly complain about how unfair it is that others get and idea, use it, and grow from it. well i have news for vast amounts of children in HWS, life in general is not fair. to a gazelle, the lion isn’t fair. to the lion, the poacher isn’t fair. to the poacher, the animal rights activist isn’t fair. life is full of compromises. and the most successful compromises end in all parties feeling screwed. this is supposed to be a community of having fun and sharing ideas but has turned into a constant bitch fest about “this guy is stronger then me, ban him!” or “this guy has an idea that make his faction benefit. take that away and ban them all!” i have tried to explain our side bit nobody wants to hear any of us out. just ignoring everything said (other than the insults that have been flying from upset players that have worked very hard to achieve their status.) we have all forgotten this is a godaam game. not a career, not a way of life. this is a game still in development and constantly evolving. the assumption that all ABN members just want to squash ants is the farthest thing from the truth. we just want battles. we patrol and monitor PVP sectors in hops that we can toss ammo around and have good fights…winning a lagfest battle is not the goal. most of us would love to be destroyed, it helps us learn and change tatics. i know most of this will be ignored and the rest will be picked apart and quoted out of context as usual. i just have had enough of the entitlement era. the reward of achieving a seemly impossible goal is more than you can imagine. work for something rather than expecting mommy or daddy to buy it for u. Bob out…

2 Likes

100 percent agree with cardboard. I normally stay pretty quite but this close group stuff is absolutely nonsense. Also the shit yesterday makes perfect sense. You started a forum post by saying (Non toxic.) It’s like starting a sentence saying no offense but… Which is followed by an offensive statement. Then, thinking you can say whatever you want (behind closed doors) without someone disagreeing with you. Moderators shut down that new closed forum shit posted again by Will! Its gonna turn into yesterday’s stint because it’s nonsense.

1 Like

Your point about subjectivity needs to be etched into everyone’s eyes. To go off track on that, the game is so vast in options that most people find some part they really enjoy that keeps them playing. It seems to me that when people start trying to restrict other people to the aspects of the game they specifically enjoy the community suffers. The “play my way or go away” mentality is what I mean here.

On the other hand, to the point of this just being a game. Entertainment has evolved dramatically during my lifetime. We aren’t playing tag or little league anymore and for most people the entertainment budget has grown faster than any other aspect of life. The money committed to just playing was unheard of when I was a kid, or even 30 years ago when I was 20. The new playground requires a massive investment and the days of “it’s just a game” are, I think, long behind us. Play is essential for mental health and when it isn’t fun people get weird, generally in ways that lead to societal disruption. Gaming is the primary entertainment for two generations, in the past the generations had separate pursuits and that helped keep the peace. We’re all in this together now and we may not be able to adjust quickly enough.

Huh, I’m rambling early today.

4 Likes

The two forum system has always been around from what I can remember, but Will’s post was literally one of the first ‘big’ things on there for a while. Personally I would have preferred something like that to be posted in the main forum but I understand and respect Will’s intentions.

Also in my mind, it is still a game. Just because you’ve invested time or money into it never gives anyone the right to insult or belittle someone else. There are certain minimum community standards that must be abided to by all participants.

The forums are a place for constructive discussion whilst discord (or preferably nowhere) is for the shit slinging.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

There is always two side to every story. From this side I do not believe Will’s intentions are constructive for this community. He is derectly talking about ABN and using the (lvl 3 membership) to exclude 99 percent of the people he’s talking about. Like most ABN, I have logged hundreds of hours in game and very little forum time because I would rather play the game then discuss why PvP is not fair. Just like any sport we know the rules and play by those instead of trying to change the rules.

Could you imagine if people didn’t like the rules of soccer and were mad because one team could spend millions on recruiting the best players. Instead of building a team and playing by the rules could you imagine them trying to change the rules of the soccer to cater to their needs. This would be laughed at. This is why I “laugh” at this forum banter and why from this perspective I believe it’s nonsense.
Come…fight…in…PvP before running to change the rules when you have not even contested our assets in PvP.

1 Like

Will

How am I not to take this as toxic when I clearly know your talking about us and since I cannot participate in your discussion the only thing I can do is assume your trying to change rules without input from the HWS community who have logged hundreds if not thousands of in-game hours. You then wonder why we throw salt your way. Before I joined ABN I never had the kind of messages your receiving ( probably because I played the game instead of the drama forum posts.)

The trusted area is being used by trusted people, just as it was intended.
You see what happened to yesterday’s post, why should anybody trust the forums not to become a flamewar after that?

I see references to life being unfair, etc etc. That’s usually a good cop-out to just give up on a problem, but as we are seeing with this very post, you are also talking about something you view as unfair. You cannot make both arguments at the same time. Pick one and you’ll have some ground to stand on.

3 Likes

Great input… only reason I see you commenting here is to stir the pot. Not constructive at all

Agreed, it was made for a reason.

Um, I think your the one attempting to start an argument with this post.

I agree, and both of our opinions are biased.

Very well, we have differing opinions but thats why we have forums - to discuss things and improve.

First off, I didn’t mention ABN at all, nor did I mention GG, Zanzibar, or any ABN member, nor did I imply an ABN member or any faction member was involved. You are making assumptions based off no factual evidence. Also, I mentioned specifically - where you could even see it - that this had absolutely nothing to do with factions and I wanted everyone to disregard their faction. BoB from your faction has access, do you think he would twiddle his thumbs while I went on a rampage against ABN?

Yeah um, it was made to be used, theres a Lounge for a reason.

This lounge has been around forever, it was made to communicate with the trust level three members, I’m not changing anything. You have been around for seasons, you could easily be Trust lvl 3 on the forums if you wanted to be.

I don’t appreciate your “salt” lol, I am trying to solve that because I think everyone deserves to have a fair discussion without factions coming in and mud slinging everything, sometimes I wonder if factions don’t like the topic so they aggrevate others until it becomes everyone throwing accusations.

Sincerely,

WillEatsPie

Also, if I was selectively denying some players from it, this would be completely unfair and I agree, but I’m not. I’m reaching out to the rest of the leaders (or at least most active) of the forum. Everyone has equal opportunity to reach Trust lvl 3

1 Like

There’s actually a word for that, it’s called brigading

1 Like

The difference is I have posted where all can see.

1 Like

download%20(1)

2 Likes