Thoughts about Fair Play and Alliances

I’m relatively new to this server but I want to know: what do you think about allied factions attacking your base?
Is it Really Fair Play to make an alliance only to attack and be unharmed doing it? Even thou the turrets don’t attack allies, you can attack manually right?
I’m making this Question/Topic because I saw it happens many times and my base was raided not long ago by some pirates with help of one man i had an alliance with.
I Know there is no regulations and rules about that but i think its extremely unfair. Personally i think the Fair Play rule need to be extended to cover those type of things.
To be clear, i think its ok to attack someone you had an alliance with, because this possibility make the game more interesting, but doing so while everyone from the other faction is logged off is totally unfair.
More than that, the game should be able to identify if an Allied Faction is attacking you and do something about it automatically. Is there any topic about that? Because it really seems to be an issue to be fixed.
While there is nothing like that working in the game, my personal opinion is that the server should punish those who betray alliances.

choose your friends wisely…

Thats not fair enought man, its a breach on the system. Even if you don’t choose your friends wisely, if you get attacked something should automatically make then your enemies. It doesnt make sense. Again, attacking aalies online, its ok. Attacking allies offline? Bullshit.

A few things:

The ONLY thing you can do to an ally is walk up to them and shoot them on foot, while you are on foot. Its simple. Someone comes up to you thats allied and a dick, jump in a seat. Problem solved.

The idea behind alliances is to keep auto aim from firing at people you don’t want to shoot at. If you legitimately don’t want to have anyone in that category, just don’t ally maybe?
Personally I don’t think anything extra needs to be implemented to punish betrayals. Because that mechanism is social, not in game. Someone breaks alliance just to rob you, make it well known, and hopefully others will break alliance with him to keep it from happening to them, and then its not a problem.

Welcome to HWS? This is how attacks happen in most instances on the server, since there is no Offline Protection. If you think that is unfair, you will need to find another server. This is not an isolated problem with alliances, it is a server setting intentionally chosen.[quote=“vonarth, post:1, topic:4778”]
my base was raided not long ago by some pirates with help of one man i had an alliance with.
[/quote]

This is the part you can do something about. First, check your alliance listings, to make sure he did in fact break alliance, and you arent just misinterpreting the intruder log. If he is still allied, and you know he was there with the attacking pirates (for some reason) it means he did no damage. Most he could have done is set a ship to private to ammo drain. Which is against the rules. If he broke alliance just before the raid, then you need to let people know what faction it is, so they don’t do it to other people.

Please keep i mind i’m Only talking about allies making easy to enemies raid bases. I never said it was wrong to attack someone offline, I Said and I Still think that if you get attacked by someone that has an alliance with you, then its wrong. Worst if you are offline. Thou he can’t atrack your structures he can take advantage on his alliance to make others raid bases easily, and that what I think its broken and unfair. There is no game that has the same problems and on my opinion its and exploit. You take that for normal and commom, because the game has no social tools than factions working, but i think that should change. The game is in its development and in my opinion that is something that could be taken in consideration so they make it better. If you are been attacked and there is an ally helping then, the alliance should brake. This is cleary an exploit that no one takes in consideration because, in my opinion, ppl become accostumed to play a game with a lot of flaws and dont complain about things loke that.

The allied faction can block turrets to make easy to pirates raid bases, and stuff like that, that is an exploit on my opinion. The game can’t do a thing about that, thats why i think the server should punish and regulate. Im not saying that it happened with me, i’m saying that COULD happen and THAT could be exploit.

The allied faction can block turrets to make easy to pirates raid bases, and stuff like that, that is an exploit on my opinion. The game can’t do a thing about that, thats why i think it the server should punish and regulate. Im not saying that it happened with me, i’m saying that COULD happen and THAT is could be exploit.

I feel you on this one. If it’s against the rules for a faction member to steal before they leave a faction, it should be against the rules for an ally to block the turrets so someone else can steal from you.

but, TBH, it’d be pretty cool to watch it happen. that’s some immersive, backstabbing gameplay right there.

2 Likes

These are issues for Eleon not HWS. For instance the devs adding a timer to break alliances would fix some issues because then you’d at least have a fair warning. Yet if players are going to betray one another there is never a way to completely stop it from being lame.

That’s gotta suck, and yeah maybe after a server vote there could be something, like jail time, sadly its the game, and like already said, choose your friends wisely. On that note, put a bounty on them and let the HWS hunters take care of the lovely revenge.