To our "russian" players or players coming from Russia or just Cyrillic speaking players

Hi HWS Community and those addressed in the title,

It’s time to refresh this topic a bit again.

In detail it’s not about nationality but just the fact that the Cyrillic letters are for many not readable and understandable language. That’s all.

So what is the deal?

Respect

Because it’s a fact that English is our world language and only the minority understand Cyrillic letters, we have a rule

This rule has only one purpose: respect each other.
If you write your cryptic text in global chat, many do not know what is going on.
The workflow would be then:

1. Go to Discord
  2. Copy that text
  3. Paste it in Google Translator
  4. Hope for something you can understand

For us full admins it’s either the same or hover over your text and we get a google translation output right away.
It’s a waste of time.

In most cases it’s a short exchange of “Hello, what’s up” or beginner questions like “How to get starter ship” etc.
Sometimes some “Cyrillic speaking players”, can’t write or understand English as well. Until they find a faction where they can communicate freely we allow them to ask stuff.
Faction / Private and Alliance Chat are now the best tools for you guys.

But recently, with some too high Egos in PvP and the PvP Events, it became a dirty trash talk in Cyrillic letters who is better, stronger, beautiful, etc. etc.
That is NOT OK.

It is disrespectful towards other players - especially if you insult or taunt them in your mother language.

The last couple of days I was just too busy to catch those trash talk in time. Or when I did, I get random nonsense of “racism”, “discrimination” etc.
Everyone who is saying this: you just proofed the point that it is ok for you to behave disrespectful towards others, hence you are not welcome on HWS.

TL;DR:
Short communication in your mother language - no matter if french, german, spanish, chinese or whatever is okay. But once we see it is done with the intent to discredit or negatively talk to others in any way, you will get kicked and then banned.

Neither our rule nor our way how we deal with it has the purpose to offend you - “Cyrillic speaking player”. But Global Chat is a neutral place for hundreds of players and it needs “guidelines”. Like the traffic in real life needs guidelines to not end like that

Thanks for your understanding.

Your HWS Team

As requested in Google Translator Russian version

Привет HWS Сообщество и те, которые рассматриваются в названии,

Пришло время немного обновить эту тему.

Подробно речь идет не о национальности, а просто о том, что кириллические буквы для многих не читаемый и понятный язык. Вот и все.

Так в чем же дело?

уважение
Поскольку фактом является то, что английский является нашим языком мира, и только меньшинство понимает кириллицу, у нас есть правило

1.1 Пожалуйста, используйте только английский в глобальном чате. Вы можете использовать любой язык во фракции или в приватном чате.

Это правило имеет только одну цель: уважать друг друга.
Если вы пишете свой загадочный текст в глобальном чате, многие не знают, что происходит.
Рабочий процесс будет тогда:

Перейти к Discord
Скопируйте этот текст
Вставьте его в Google Translator
Надеюсь на то, что вы можете понять
Для нас, полных администраторов, это то же самое, что и при наведении курсора на ваш текст, и мы сразу получаем вывод перевода Google.
Это пустая трата времени.

В большинстве случаев это короткий обмен «Привет, что случилось» или вопросы для начинающих, такие как «Как получить стартовый корабль» и т. Д.
Иногда некоторые «игроки, говорящие на кириллице», также не могут писать или понимать по-английски. Пока они не найдут фракцию, где они смогут свободно общаться, мы разрешаем им задавать вопросы.
Фракция / Личное и Альянс Чат теперь лучшие инструменты для вас, ребята.

Но недавно, с некоторыми слишком высокими Эго в PvP и PvP-событиях, это стало грязной болтовней о кириллице, кто лучше, сильнее, красив и т. Д. И т. Д. И т. Д.
Это НЕ ОК.

Это неуважительно по отношению к другим игрокам - особенно если вы оскорбляете или насмехаетесь над ними на своем родном языке.

Последние пару дней я был слишком занят, чтобы вовремя поймать эти разговоры. Или когда я сделал, я получаю случайную чепуху “расизма”, “дискриминации” и т. Д.
Все, кто говорит это: вы только что доказали, что вы можете вести себя неуважительно по отношению к другим, поэтому вас не приветствуют в HWS.

TL; DR:
Короткое общение на вашем родном языке - независимо от того, хорошо ли вы говорите по-французски, по-немецки, по-испански, по-китайски. Но как только мы увидим, что это сделано с намерением дискредитировать или негативно поговорить с кем-либо, вас будут пнуть, а затем забанят.

Ни наше правило, ни наше отношение к нему не преследуют цель оскорбить вас - «Игрок, говорящий на кириллице». Но Global Chat - нейтральное место для сотен игроков, и ему нужны «рекомендации». Как трафик в реальной жизни нуждается в руководящих принципах, чтобы не закончиться так

45/5000

Спасибо за понимание.

Ваша команда HWS

8 Likes

Thank you rexx.
Maybe have this translated to cryllic as well?

6 Likes

hmm maybe rule apply also for the name? Its difficult to write another cyrillic name to point it out. People just say “…that russian name guy…”

2 Likes

Maybe rule apply for German language on chat? :wink:

2 Likes

then pick an english name as its an english server…like you did

at least you know what the Cyrillic is? :rofl:

What about Wingdings? We should all do Wingdings.

5 Likes

Hows your name english? Kooler is estonian languake that means choleric. The box part i can understand.

shhht child my name can be read

膽盒
who can read that

I see a house and a Taco Bell.

2 Likes

thats my name in chinese…but could mean anything and its rude if done in a public place to others

Historically, and for many years it will emerge. Slavs dislike (недолюбливают) Germans, Germans dislike (недолюбливают) Slavs. But that learn this garbage in open discussion, is to blame get ban, all the problem closed. But I think Rexus gets pleasure from it.

1 Like

is it too large a request to have a common language for all to use? you are not asked to learn a new language. you are asked to put your thoughts through a translator before posting. much more efficient way to be heard if you do the work. i personally do not have time to translate every post so i ignore things i cannot read. not out of spite, just time constraints.

2 Likes

People who thinks like you are part of the problem.

2 Likes