What are some troublesome situations for players

I just about added them now, so feel free to if you can come up with more :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is CSW?
What does “fresh start” mean exactly?
Where can I find “X” items?
What are garage ships?
Why can’t I repair lost “X” on a garage ship?
Where is the “X” zone? (OCD, EGS, bank)
How do I recycle a ship?
What does supporter package"X" do?
Why didn’t I receive supporter package “X”?

let me know when ur ready for a flood…

1 Like

I think an extremely important thing to remember is that it needs to be written as though a person who’s never played this game can understand it. There are so many forum posts and help articles that don’t help at all because some of the terms and language used are too hard to muddle through. An actual chat box through the website for help would certainly help. Im sure members from the community would volunteer for that and maybe rexus can throw them hws ingots or something for taking a few hours answering chatbox questions every week. What about having a faction people can join when they are starting that has hws helpers in it so they can learn the mechanics in game, or maybe revamp the tutorial to include how to sell to traders how to spawn vehicles how to repair vehicles how to save blueprints. Go far far back to the absolute basics.

3 Likes

Just wait mate :slight_smile: Regarding the actual topic (which is to be revealed soon enough), you’re actually a bit close here.

2 Likes

Ahhhh ok sweet

1 Like

I will help with this in any way possible!

2 Likes

The only thing I “really” need right now is feedback, and more scenarios a newbie could get stuck in, but thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

would you like everyone to continue adding them here or would you prefer another method?

1 Like

The easiest is probably if people add it here.
It’s too complicated having people do the actual code here, because it has to be done in a specific way. Or, they keywords which the bot uses have to be chosen carefully.

1 Like

Canwe update the beammeups?

1. Because the thrust issue is endlessly repeated throughout season
  2. And is constant query at start of season
  3. LCDs ciuld have more info for each faction
  4. They could be a bit more special and differentiatied

I’ll happily twiddle with them if wanted.

1 Like

i miss having a mobile constructor in the starter ship :wink:

@FionnMacCumhaill I think you misunderstood the topic :slight_smile:
What I need is questions a newbie could get stuck with like in the examples:

This is probably better if you add in in feedback in discord, or make a new forum ticket :slight_smile:

1 Like

This falls under the ship won’t move bit Dr D but fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Below are a few examples from… A friend… yes, a friend!

• Q: I do not like my start, how do I start over?
    A: Type “cb.reset” in server chat (without the quotes).
  • Q: What does Master Builder’s League mean?
    A: Master Builder’s League indicates a playfield that does not allow you to spawn in Factory blueprints. All vehicles must be built by hand.
  • Q: How do I get free stuff?
    A: HWS Connect is a website feature that allows you to gain daily loot, additional skill point investments and other nifty features. Check it out at: HWS Connect
  • Q: Why am I unable to craft a Drill from my Survival Constructor, Constructor or Large Constructor?
    A: HWS has custom rules requiring an Advanced Constructor to craft a Drill.

Specific to Proto Start

• Q: I “fell” out of the station and am now 1AU away from it. How do I get back?
    A: Very slowly or type “cb:reset” in server chat to start over (without the quotes).
  • Q: I lost my multi-tool how do I salvage Steel for the origin mission?
    A: Create a Survival Tool.
  • Q: Why am I unable to spawn in my HV, SV, CV, BA, ect on Prototype Planet?
    A: Prototype planet follows the “Master Builder’s League” rules which prohibits spawning of vehicles from the Factory.
  • Q: I am dying to Radiation, dangerous critters, aliens and all kinds of other things.
    A: Welcome to Prototype starting origin. If you wish to choose a different origin type “cb.reset” in server chat (without quotes).
3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll add them in a few days when I come home.

1 Like

Was already added before you made this :slight_smile:

Elite* Builders League has been added now, thanks a lot.

Was already somewhat added, but I added a bit more for it to better fit your suggestion.

This stuff, and all your prototype suggestions the tool isn’t really ready for yet, but I already have a plan on improve it so it can take a lot more answers. SoonTM

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: I appreciate it.

1 Like

I’m not gonna let this topic die just yet.
If anyone gets any ideas for questions i can add to the Artifical Help Bot feel free to ask them below :slight_smile:

Please only ask somewhat “timeless” questions.
It should be somewhat same answer to a question now, and in 3 seasons.
For example:

• Which is the best weapon for killing xx

That question will constantly change depending on the current HWS Config. Bad question, and it won’t be added.

But if we say:

• Who are the owners of HWS?

That question’s answer will always be the same, no matter when you ask it. Good question, and will probably be added.

I appreciate all the question you guys suggest :wink:

2 Likes

“HELP! I’m stuck in Prototype sector!”

ewarp commands would be helpful here as well

2 Likes

How could I have missed that question :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks, will add it soon.

1 Like