Zion PDA bugged

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I’ve been doing the Zion mission and my PDA got bugged. I collected the water samples from the dancers and brought them to the fisherman for analysis, and the mayor gave me credits and dino stew for the next part of the mission. The PDA is still stuck on “ask the fisherman for analysis” and not advancing.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Maihes

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 10/14 9:10am

On which Playfield?
=> Zion

Structure Name(s)?
=> Zion City

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> Zion City

How can we help you now?
=> Probably just need to reset the PDA chapter for the fisherman analyzing the three water samples, and it should let me continue. I’ve been enjoying the PvE story content while I prep things for my pvp base, I appreciate the content that HWS has put together. And I think perhaps the Zion storyline might have some inspiration from the Zora in Legend of Zelda, maybe? :slight_smile:

Hey @Maihes
great to hear you like the content and yes :slight_smile: Ju took a lot of inspiration from Zelda.

Can you please show me your PDA at what position it got bugged (screenshot)?
We have to rework the whole PDA <> Dialogue integration because the PDA is a different system than the Dialogue system and they sometimes do not work well together.

This what you need?

Exactly.
And as you can see the PDA only advances if you click in the Dialogue the fifth option:
Since you did this maybe before the PDA reached that point, even if it was 1 second too early, you are stuck now.
Very tricky and we have to implement more failsafe redundant checks.
I can’t reset your PDA, cause the Dialogues are all handled already and I can’t reset your Dialogue progress either due DB.
The only thing I could do is to make this specific action temporary optional until HWS+.

Hmm, that’s unfortunate! Is there still a chance I could complete the Zion missions just without the PDA guidance? If not…maybe I could get half of the reward credits for getting halfway through it?

The Dialogues give rewards. The PDA is only for guidance. Which means without the PDA you most likely fail.
With the next server restart you can just mark it as completed and for the following quests, before touching any dialogue, try to follow the PDA first.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.