10M PRIZE! Valley Capture the Flag - NA PVP event:Grand Prize of 9M credits and $50 in donor benefits!

Teamwork!! Strategy! Start thinking about it now. :wink:

What weapons will be provided? Mix? Selection of options? How much ammo? :slight_smile:

good questions!

At this point, we’re going with NON-SPLASH weapons. We have some time to discuss – We have options:

• Random Class Matches (i.e a random weapon is chosen and distributed prior to the match, pistol, laser rifle, etc.)
  • LImited Mix (i.e 2 of each weapon available to the team, 2 pistols, 2 snipers, 2 lasers, etc.)
  • Players Choice ( as its sound, Pick one non-splash weapon)

Right now its looking like we may have 4 teams shaping up, so we can do an elimination and mix those styles between matches also.

Ammo will be provided for the weapon type at the HQ <~ logistically, the fewer the types per match, the more room for that type of ammo.

I like the mix one or players choice, allows people play to their playstyle strengths

We have 4-5 people who will be on our team depending on when this happens. Technically 2 factions, PIS and SC1 but would go under team name of OFF. would like at least a day to let everyone know to be on

1 Like

Can you sign into the Team Signup post to get your team added please?

Going to be Saturday (Tomorrow) at 6pm Pacific,

Ok 1. I am upping the ante,
And donating 4million credits to the gp.
Admins give me your account number I will send the money.
2. I am registering team MRC - mercenaries
Me, shkm, feddy, fred, and echo.
I am away for the weekend, so if we can please schedule this for next mon/tues/wed, or maybe even a Friday night er something, or sat, that would be great for me, thanks.

1 Like

Doc – Why dont we host another one next weekend and you can add the 4M to that one? We;'re at 10M already (HUGE) and since you cant attend, we can plan the next one next Sat night.

What you think of that?

2 Likes

Hops when is competition?

1 Like

6pm Pacific time.

RULES JUST UPDATED WITH EXAMPLE 6 TEAM ELIMINATION BRACKET – THESE ARE NOT ACTUAL ASSIGNMENTS!!! Just for example purposes only. There is no inferred or implied preference for one team over another.

Just stopped by and I think it looks pretty good. I know it may be a bit premature but here are some things I would like to see in the future. The “map” is a bit big for 4v4 without some kind of transportation IE couple of motorbikes or unarmed HVs with artificial mass blocks to slow it down and an exposed cockpit. For the layout I’d like to see a little immersion. Perhaps for the center node we partial bury a lost experimental CV in place of the tower. Id like to see HV wrecks scattered across the battlefield that double as cove(which hops has already done, thanks buddy). Have a small underground tunnel network that connects the towers and the crashed CV. Add some very basic Hops designed HVs and SVs again with weighted down frames and exposed cockpits with ALL turret targeting turned off requiring a gunner to fire them along with prohibiting certain weapons like PL cannons. VERY limited HV/SV ammo that must fought over at mirrored weapon depos on the sides of the map. With 6.0 I am sure you could do some cool shit with switches that unlocks buildings only at certain times or conditions met

EDIT: The map was actually a fine size for 4v4.

1 Like

You nailed it! Super limited with what we can do today, and i threw this together when we thought we had only a week left! Love your ideas!! We can certainly do All of this kind of stuff, especially with Instancing. Keep up the suggestions. Especially diff types of events. :slight_smile:

#WINNERS!

What a great time, everyone!

If anyone got good video - please share!!!

1 Like

Good game all

Watching you from the clouds or through a scope, either way you’re dead.

2 Likes

Gratz to all. And a big gratz to 3rd place for taking it with only TWO players!

2 Likes

Suggestions for next time:
Sign up phase - 1.Team Name 2. Team Members 3. Weapon Selection(maybe do as a direct message) 4. Team Color ( Everyone changes their body armor color via main menu to this pre-match)
Place a private Hops base with a large cargo box for each team with team name on LCD screen and color coded to ensure even the most clueless of players can find their teams box. Each box would have the teams weapons, ammo, medkits, and canned food. The box could be coded to ensure no shenanigans. This would make the transition between matches much quicker as well as also allowing for easier tracking of returned weapons.
MOAR SV, HV, maybe even some smaller CV wrecks!!

1 Like

Had so much fun! Was great hanging out with my buddies from Lot in the spectator stand too!! Hahaha had a blast, I’m so thankful for @hopskotch putting all of that together! Glad everyone came out, felt good to see a lot of people come together!

2 Likes

Excellent Battle Event, Great job Hop and admins.
Congrats to the winners and well fought battle to all.
Ready for the next event. Last Man Standing or something.

2 Likes

Awesome event everyone! Was really nice to get to know some of you from the NA side of things. Remember to keep your eyes peeled, as we’ll be hosting an EU version of the event shortly.

2 Likes