4.2 Patch - Server Problems

will restart now and apply a special patch from the devs, so we get better logs

Update:
Erm what rule 2.2? When I look very strictly at this rule, leaving earth means you may not visit the moon at all. Because you left a starter planet. Meaning that anyone who ever visited the moon violated this rule? Makes no sense. Also it does not restrict you from going back to the milkyway (not included)? Makes no sense again. Also leaving earth to escape the monday wipe (stay in earth orbit) and then return would be a violationā€¦

Therefor this is how I understood rule 2.2:
As long as you never leave the milkyway galaxy, you are allowed to stay there and on all planet within that galaxy. You warp even once, you may not go back without cb:reset. And you can stay longer than 2 weeks, you just gotta grind down your base (or lose it) through wipes.

If I violated this please let me know and explain to me how the rule was intended, I will pack up immediately and never return there. Though today is only my 8th day there I believe, actually might be less. I started one day after Squirt. And lost 1 day due to bugs. So if there is a 2-week limit (which I canā€™t even find in the rules) then I did not violate it.

Good points you have Tiny. Perhaps Rex will re-look at this and re-word it. I only mentioned it as when I am in game people moan about all the auto miners on starter planets and all the big CVā€™s etc.

I only have a CV in orbit for smelting ingots and for food, not on planets. And the autominers should not cost any performance if coded right (they should calculate how much they mined only when opening the window / destroying them) and their power-timer can be pre-calculated. But this is only in theory, mayeb the devs messed it up or have different plans with them.

The big combat armor CVā€™s that are like 100k ingots or whatever are very likely ppl who come back to the Milky Way after leaving it. I suspect some people of doing this but I have no proof whatsoever. Just some ships indeed are unlikely to be owned by noobs or to be grinded down every Thursday. And there was one faction that I saw on Earth and Squirt saw them on Jaggal. That aI believe is not intended.

But this is the wrong topic for that. But I agree rule 2.2 could use a bit of clarification then.

Have same problem with connection issues. I have now loged after i got my ship to safe space.

Just wanted to inform you :slight_smile:

I hope DEVā€™s are aware there is no other single decent server to play this game,
with all the features that HWS is providing
So if HWS is down the game is down.

The special patch with the special logs were sent to the devs. Letā€™s hope

I hope you have some super special access to the DEVs given that you basically run the most popular server.

Update

we have to delay the output of the web information (HWS Connect) till Jascha fixes some internal codes.
So it will be updated a lot less now (from 2 minutes up to 3 hours for now)

Sooo this would address the telnet flood or the playfield crashes or both?!

Not directly. But we found out that Telnet is limited to a specific queue amount. As soon as this queue is full the server just stop working.
Our tool recognize this and initiates a restart.
Now Jascha needs to explain the detailed technical part but exporting hundreds of 1-5mb big files for me so I can fetch this for HWS Connect caused the tool to be very slow. If the queue got in that time full with ā€œCouldnā€™t send RPC function ā€˜nwsyncā€™ā€ it just caused chaos / telnet flood.
The EAC problem is something else additionally. Very complicated right now but the Devs found somethingā€¦ letā€™s see

okā€¦ donā€™t weight this.
Another Telnet Flood on EU.
It is EAC / randomā€¦ dunnoā€¦ frustrated

Took me 2 hours to login. Now I get kicked every 5 minutes ā€œconnection to server lostā€. I think Iā€™m gonna play another game while the hard working people fix this. Lost too much stuff :P.

But are the OCD commands safe to use? Will my items actually be stored in the OCD or will they be lost in the flood after removing the items from my inventory?

if the tool recognize it you can use commands.

The OCD is save for ever

I love you.

Update

we apply a special patch now again.
This should fix the total server shutdowns hopefully. (EAC)

Some things like telnet and gold planet are still on the line.

not possible to log in?

Update

I have hidden Gold Planet. This is only a quick test since EU got every 3 minutes telnet floods + EAC server deaths and to see if my suspect is correct.

almost 2 hours stableā€¦ I fear I am right

Hi, did you received my PM ?