4.2 Patch - Server Problems

Just logged in again for the first time since the gold planet was hidden. Still having problems. Stable for ~15 minutes then it seems the server went down again.

I think next time I login I already start packing up for the wipe. This server/game the last few days is such a waste of time for even trying to play on with the current problems. I see more loading screens and error messages than actually being able to play and when I finally get to play, most things bug anyway.

Well been playing for 1 hour without any problemsā€¦ But now connection to server got disconected.

Yeah once again it happened at the EXACT same time I used ocd:put:all followed by cb:start. Entire server crashed once again when I did that. It disconnects me to the main menu as expected. But then I need a loooong time to reconnect which means that the server is down. But with the amount of crashes it could be a coincidence.

Maybe its not a coincidence. Maybe your character is targeted.

Well i was going along fine before you started to do that stuff. Server has run fine for some time.

sorry but no cigarr.
Been on the login screen ( EU ) for 15 mins now and still cant get in to play.

Yes, the server was fine and no it has nothing to do with the commands.
I was sure it had something to do with Gold Planet. But now I am hopeless.
If the devs donā€™t find anything. If Jascha coming back and donā€™t find magic there is only one solution.

But letā€™s wait for nowā€¦

Thanks Rex for all your hard work.

Weā€™ll just have to reduce our activity to less risky things. As Tiny said, best to prepare for any wipes/playfield moves with lots of time to spare.

##@everyone this is IMPORTANT if you have crashes I NEED from now on all your logs PLEASE. The devs are blind. They NEED to reproduce this. So if you have a crash, if you are done playing. Go HERE:
steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\0688
zip your logs from that day or two and send me them via mail "[email protected]" OR forum pm.

Hope you find to fix the problems soon! Good luck

1 Like

Sent the crash logs on email, hope itā€™s usefull. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you! This helps a lot!

I checked my log files and they are full with:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
and
-WRN- CONNECTION TO DEDICATED SERVER LOST
Canā€™t send RPC function since no connection was started.

Though most logs (as in 9 out of 10) show no error at all. Iā€™ll send the big ones with the errors.

Update

1. Gold Planet was wiped. Once again this hurts but was needed since there were corrupt entries in the ents.dat. (ship or bases). BUT with the great support of your logs devs fixed 2 internal errors regarding this. So we also applied the 0692 build on the servers.

2. It can be that this was also the solution about the server freezes / telnet floods. But rather not. It is complicated network stuff. Either to do with new turrets sync or the new EAC update.

3. Today a fix should might go online.

The cooperation works good and with your support we really can fix a lot of stuff. The logs you send us is basically a potential fix all the time.
So you want a stable game? Send the logs. Damn easy :wink:

Stay tuned and please hold on a bitā€¦ it is more frustrating for me than for you, trust me :wink:

RexXxuS

1 Like