A Vanillian Odyssey

So out spending the holiday with the in-laws (it was a lot better than it sounds) we get a text from our neighbor that the power is out in the entire town and there is a beeping sound coming from our apartment. Said our goodbyes and headed home to find the power had just come back 5min prior. Coffee brewing and back on the journey through Vanillia…

Mmmmm coffee :grin: Back in game. Decided to go live in HWS Discord lobby when on this adventure so tune in if you like. Apologies ahead of time, I go AFK a lot…

Another gorgeous sunrise on this side of Vanillia (What i’m calling this planet for now.) Looks to be a radiation storm a brewing…

A family of XP caught in the radiation storm :frowning:

Mr Shotgun knows what to do!

And we see another slug determined to get a prostate exam. On to the next piece of the titan. Even in a deadly storm one can find beauty.

“Mowing down bugs not nearly as satisfying.” Says Mr Shotgun. My inner Morgan Freeman says “He’s right you know.”

Some spiders wanted to hear Mr Shotgun’s song. We gave them a good show. I say he killed it :-p

Stopped and said hello to a few of the natives. Got growled at :frowning:

Lucky for them we are in Polaris territory…err i mean aww look at the wildlife…

Found the mid section guarded by a drone. Mr Shotgun proves his worth yet again. Now to chop up the thrusters for those power coils :love_you_gesture:

Oh hello there little fella. I have someone I bet you’re dying to meet…

As well as your friends :grin:

Not a bad haul. Off to the rear section…

I see you!

Don’t tell Mr Shotgun :frowning:

Mission Complete! Time to head back to base…

Decent haul :slight_smile:

Going to call it quits for today. Hoping to get off this rock tomorrow. We shall see. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

2 Likes

woke up with the flu this morning. joy of joys :frowning: it may not be an eventful day in Vanillia today. we shall see…

So got sick of being sick in bed and started venturing forth feeling like crapo. But wake to another wonderful sunrise on Vanillia.

What’s on the agenda for today? Level 12 and space exploration :slight_smile: Looks like Scoot needs a little more cobalt and silicon. Time to hunt for shiny rocks…

Decide to explore the planet a little looking for new POI’s to raid. I get notified of a promethium deposit near by. Get there to dig up the shiny and remember an ore scanner is needed :frowning: On to the new marker…

New notification of an Unknown Artifact. Head in for a closer look. The locals here are so grumpy :frowning:

Found the artifact. Hearing screams of pain from within.

Pulled an Evil Knievel move to launch myself on top and found a couple fans of Mr. Shotgun

He kills it just about every time :slight_smile:

Ooo XP :slight_smile:

Something tells me I should feel bad but I don’t, not really…

Get notified of a crashed CV nearby. Find it underwater. Head to it and have to go to the bathroom. Word of advice: don’t leave your hover over water going AFK :frowning:

Not a total loss though. Found something interesting underwater to make up for the lost HV :slight_smile:

O that volume system…

Thankfully the sunken CV gave me the cobalt and silicon I needed for Scoot. Production started.

Using the build time to strip my HV into itself…

How is volume a good thing again? Heading back to base and build cargo extensions…

Added some storage space to scoot and headed back to cleanup the rest of the sunken CV. Back to the base with me loot. As I lay down to rest, I am dreaming of going to the stars in the morning…

“Nice day for fishin ain’t it?”

Loaded up with some O2 & fuel to head into orbit. Fried up a few steaks before heading out. I hear Mario saying “Here we go!” as i launch upwards.

Scanning the sector I see that the moon here has cobalt and silicon. (I seem to be low on these often.) Investigation proceeding…

Get to the moon and find it a little too cold for my liking. Guess it’s time to head back and search for an EVA :frowning: I did find a friend that wanted to be introduced to an acquaintance of mine named “General Assault Rifle.” They argued a little but I have a feeling they will become great friends.

Guess not :frowning:

See a structure in the distance that is NOT in Zirax territory so I figured a quick look was in order. Turns out to be a satellite wreck (guessing the Zirax don’t like Big Brother spying on them.) Lucky me I found a few useful items and a couple fans of Mr Shotgun :grin:

Very odd to see plants growing in space but I’ll take the win.

On my way back to the planet I see my next target…

Goodnight Vanillia, space suit insulation mission in the morning…

Took a break for a bit. Came back in creative to redesign Scoot so he can carry a bit more. Heading back for adventure. Had just enough factory food to stuff and rebuild Scoot before bed.

Mr. Shotgun really likes the view this morning. He told me he is ready for some action today.

Today’s agenda is the continued search for cobalt and silicon. I forgot to log that I was able to craft an EVA boost before bed. I will investigate the planet a little more though before heading back to the moon. There is a silicon resource near by I have not tapped yet and there is bound to be a bit of cobalt around…

Had an odd occurrence going to the silicon deposit. I was hit by a mystery rocket from an unknown origin. Mr. shotgun was eager to sing his famous ballad but no fans to be had :frowning: Scoot only took minor damage that was easily repaired with a multi tool. Back to the deposit for that silly cone. Decent haul but as I am entering this log entry Mr. Shotgun gets excited to hear bugs near buy. We hop out to find nothing. Scoot lights the scenery up with a very nice ambient glow beautifying the view though.

Heard the bug again during that last entry. Mr. shotgun is happy now…

Loving the view from my front porch…

The General says good morning to all.

We have our silicon. Time to find much needed cobalt. Picking an unexplored area and crossing my fingers…

Looks like they want The General to come out and play.

He doesn’t play nice though…

The area was controlled by Tallon. They are the grumpy ones if you have not met them. They don’t tolerate funny business on their lands. The search for cobalt continues.

Stumbled on an abandoned archaeological site. There has to be something nice in here…

Was greeted by 2 screaming fans looking for a piece of Mr. Shotgun. He was more than happy to oblige.

In a little rough spot after this interaction. Think I’ll head back outside to die now.

Death #3 from blood loss. I guess there are worse ways to go…

As I get back and pick up Mr. Shotgun, two of his adoring fans start screaming for attention. And rightfully so…

Back inside we go. Mr. Shotgun is very popular here.

Not bad but still no cobalt or energy matrix :frowning: so the search continues…