A Vanillian Odyssey

Heading back to base with loot I found an abandoned bunker. Now I know there is some cobalt here for sure. Find it guarded by a drone that wants The General to come out and play. He says sure.

Knock knock

This is the culprit of my 4th death. He suffered more than me for sure. His screams were much louder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was able to dump my loot into the ship before succumbing to death. Thank you wireless F4 :slight_smile:

How many times have you had to be re-cloned?

2 Likes

4 deaths so far. Headed back to base to deposit loot. Was able to upgrade to an advanced constructor. Now to the next mission. Going to hit up the PDA.

Need to rest for a bit. Starting the next mission when I return.

woke with a bad pain in my ear. currently waiting to see the doctor. looks like the adventures will have to wait for another day :frowning:

as i suspected it’s an ear infection. never had one before. i have heard they are not fun. would have to agree. amoxicillin to the rescue. won’t be on tonight if my head doesn’t stop pounding. but will document things if i do hop in. hopefully tomorrow brings better luck…

Well I am back after some much needed rest and proper medication. Feeling bleh but alright enough to dive in the digital jungle we are exploring. Let’s see what today brings.

A pause was needed as we share the sunset The General and I just experienced. This world is visually stunning. Stop and take a look when something catches your eye. You would be amazed at the beauty you find.

Woke to hear a grumbling from my hotbar. There is a multi tool I recently upgraded that is making noises as we wake thinking of the sunset The General and I saw last night. He said he prefers to be called T. Says it’s much more efficient. His choice. Anyway, he is screaming about how we would enjoy the view if we remodeled the house a bit. Talks of “Open Concept” (whatever the hell that means) and “Area Flow.” Many other decor words I know nothing of. I said you are the expert and we shall see.

I guess that is an “Open” concept…

Still a nice view though so let’s see where T takes us in the morning, shall we?

What I would expect from and “under construction” site. T seems ready to go. We turn around and see this:

T says not to worry, that is for another day. Today we need plenty of building materials and promethium for T’s adventures. Checking stock. Oh that volume again :slight_smile: need to make a construction box :wink: Seeing we are a little hungry and kind of feeling it for real.

“Steak! It’s what’s for dinner!” They are easy to come by and fill you up quick. Apologies to any digital vegans, but going healthy is a chore on this world too :frowning:

The connect tool is handy for base building.

T says we need our supplies box far away. We found a good spot here.

Empyrion 1337 Tip #86: Putting a “space” in front of a box name shoots it to the top of the F4 menu :wink:

Mr Shotgun is a little noisy as I rearrange the hotbar putting T in control. I put him at ease by leaving his ammo where it belongs reassuring him his importance to us all.

Well we worked through the night and missed a sunset but I’m sure it will be worth it.

“It is a good day to build!” I hear T growl in his best Klingon voice. I snickered a little.

Beginning to see his vision. “Baby you ain’t seen nothin yet!” T says. We just ran out of glass for the windows he needs so now we need to get some more silicon. I hear Mr. Shotgun saying we need to search the moon again. The General & Scoot seem receptive to this idea so we load up and head out.

No sooner do we finish loading up and get an alert that intruders are heading to wreck our base. (Pro tip #42: Set your base to public to avoid the Zirax showing up to mess up your lawn.)

I hear Mr. Shotgun squee with joy as a ship full of his fans show up :grin:

I guess it was just a send off party to wish us well on our journey to the moon…

Mr, Shotgun thinks we are really going to love the view once it is all done. Open concept seems to be a thing. Not sure what yet but I’m kinda of leaning towards whatever fits the eye’s fancy.

On to the moon for supplies! Heading out we remember this mess. Activating the quest and taking a closer look…

Here’s something broken/neat. When a ship is “No Faction” you can get free NPC cores :grinning:

T says, “Forget the planetary base nonsense. This is our home now!” I guess he could really make something nice here. Especially since it is a CV that is now immune to the wretched CPU mechanics (for now :-p) New mission: Operation Relocation…

Still need a few supplies to get this thing on the planet so we can load it up. T successfully stuffs the base into itself in preparation. Investigation continues…

After a couple jumps out of my chair we take a closer look…

Seems quiet…A little too quiet…

Seems legit…

“Let’s do this!” as Mr. Shotgun shouts as Leroy Jenkins.

Oh wow. We are not that far from home. Marking this spot on the map so we can get scoot and fly directly here :slight_smile:

Lol the teleporter took us real far I tell ya. Now to crack this egg :grin:

Should we do it? “Fk yeah!” shouts Mo Shotty (he said this is the name he has given himself. We will call him Mo now for short.)

We hear lots of adoring fans below :grin:

He has heavy metal fans too I guess…

Mo really loves attention.

Killed it…Naturally.

Flew into a hailstorm of bullets for death #5. Sending my drone to grab Mo and crew before they despawn…

Success! This calls for a coffee celebration…

Come back loaded with caffeine and find a nice little surprise behind a couple grates.

I few fans gathered nicely in “The Lincoln Balcony” for a good show…Too soon? “I think not!” says Mo.

Access denied huh? We shall see…

Hmm…I may want to meet this Serdu guy. Sounds like he could be a useful chap.

I bet Mo knows what it was…

More love struck fans of his…

Someone should have told them not to drink the water :frowning:

This looks eerily promising…

Oh noes!

#6 :frowning:

Hang on Mo, I’m coming!

Found you!

Safe and sound…

O…k…

So I have surmised from this PDA mission that a Polaris mining team found an unknown element and proceeded to mine and haul without a proper science team investigation first. The crew were radiated and driven mad killing each other after a gruesome mutation process altered them. The three last “surviving” members became a new species entirely. They chose to use their final moments praying to a mystical cone before their eventual demise by way of Mo, The Mighty Shotty. At least that is what I’m getting out of all this…Oh and found this lovely switch after completing the mission :unamused:

Ok coffee intake levels are rising. Ready to plunge in the deep end now. We last left off finishing the Default PDA missions. Decent story line. Needs a polishing as do several aspects but now it’s time for our pwn story. At this juncture I think a little participation from the audience is in order. Post your own comments, commentary, suggestions, request. I figure we can all help write the story of “Vanillia - A Schizophrenic Guide to ?”

So watching another lovely sunset with Mo we are enjoying listening to the wind blow and decide it is time for him to get an upgrade. We did remember seeing an upgrade kit from one of our earlier excursions. Not that he has flaws, we just both felt it was time he should turn it up to eleven…

I put 5 shells in. Just me, Mo, and a set of night vision to see if we can make the last five shots interesting. I will let the stills tell the tale…

You earned it Mo.

We start construction before bed.

Looking very nice! Mo and I awake and attempt to convince T that we really should finish the base but he is being stubborn. T is all about efficiency over aesthetics at times and really wants to make use of that core we confiscated. We will get him on it one day…

We were able to convince T to do a little remodeling yesterday. Looking better each morning…

We agree to take a screen shot then head out to bring that core here to make it our new home. Bare minimum list of items needed: 6 thrusters, generator, fuel tank, cockpit, and maybe an RCS. I have a feeling it is going to be fun the volume system :stuck_out_tongue:

Got almost everything prepped. Flux coils and silicon is needed to build a cockpit and 4 more thrusters. Decided to make use of the core in space to build itself. There are other derelicts around that can be harvested for parts. Hopefully the volume system is kind to us.

Ouch…

After a bit of shuffling around this was the best I could do. Fingers crossed…

Slow goings but enough to break orbit. I am seeing that just about every mission requires a bit of planning. No matter how small the idea is.

Letting momentum help conserve fuel.

Well she isn’t pretty but we have enough parts to get where we need to go.

Any one we can walk away from, right Mo?

Sun sets on another eventful day.

1 Like

Had a late night visitor requesting a solo concert.

Mo was more than happy to accommodate :smirk:

The General and I enjoyed a late evening rain storm. Very serene.

After a long night of trying to screen shot a lightning strike, We decided to do a little remodeling. We will showcase the results tomorrow. For now I think I have stayed up way past my bed time. Good night all.

1 Like

Good morning all. Been a bleh morning so remodeling was the focus of today. View is still wonderful here.

Night work is never really appreciated till the sun comes up.

Not much interesting to post during the day but we hear someone calling for Mo while enjoying another rain storm. I was recording the storm and heard this little fella after the show ended. Knew I should have kept the camera rolling…

Mo bathing in the moonlight.

Mo really likes the rain catcher. The view from there is amazing.

We catch the artist formally knows as “Texture Gun” enjoying a sunrise. He is shy. His work says all he needs to.

Liking that open concept nonsense T was raving about.

Mo spots a fan in the distance. Headed over for a quick reminder of how great he is.

I say it has turned around quite nicely. Scoot made a few cameos to show his interest. All in all a relaxing day in Vanillia.

As we admire the night sky from our balcony, The General and I have a deep conversation. We noticed that Mo seems a little down and we think he feels neglected since he was upgraded. Pondering how we can try to lift is spirits, we look up at the moon and remember that the Zirax there would love for us to drop in for a show. The main star would be Mo of course. So we say good night and will give Mo the good news in the morning.

We couldn’t sleep because enemies were near by so Mo and I had a heart to heart while looking for victims. He admitted he did feel a little under used but doesn’t mind so much because the breathtaking visuals have kept us all occupied. I marked an ancient watch tower earlier that we can take a look at. Mo also agreed that there are still Zirax to have fun with here. We will kill what’s preventing us from sleeping and move to the tower in the morning.

Heard this little fella snooping around.

He was rubbing on that core a little too oddly for my liking.

Can’t seem to find our stalker. Time to remodel. Mo was talking about a wet bar.

Worked through to the morning and still can’t find the enemy. Bar is looking great though. Time to head out for a bit of fun.

There she is. Hope we find something good.

Our welcoming party was asking to hear one of Mo’s new tunes.

We feel like Yukon Cornelius searching for silver and gold…

Get a ping of a small wreckage and hop in to see. Get fired at by 5 various drones on arrival. Mo played his new tunes quite well. Was only able to get a screen shot of the damage Scoot took. Glad I wasn’t sitting in the cockpit when that happened…

Tried to put down my portable constructor but “Alpha Happens.” We were only about 900m from the base so I chopped up Scoot and stuffed him back in the factory. Was a little short on materials to respawn him so continued on foot. Met a couple more fans of Mo along the way.

“We lost a man gentlemen.” I say as we get back, “But that’s ok, we can rebuild him!”

Enjoyed another fine sunset with Mo. He was happy to get some action today.

Welcome back mate! Good as new!

Mo and I spent a very long time searching for the stalker that wasn’t letting us sleep again. Admiring the work done to the starter base, I figured it was time to share it on the workshop. T suggested I should give it a touch up in creative before hosting the raw one we are currently living in. Spent a much longer time than I would have liked but she is so nice. Check it out and let me know what you think. The rain catcher is my favorite place to hang out. The solitude seat at the very top will drown out most ambient sounds giving many different soundscape experiences.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1950842343

A journey we go on. Caffeinated we must be…

Took a page from Quinn Mallory’s book before shutting down last night. Spent a little time in creative touching up the shuttle. Then hopped over back to our true home in HWS to find a place to put our retirement home. I figured Freelancer HQ was a good place as any. Started there. Ending there. I thought it would be nice to find a place near the beach. I did not have the camera out taking snapshots but long short I was able to find the perfect spot. Come by and visit if you would like. The view is amazing!

I was able to witness a breathtaking sunrise and recorded it. Once I figure out how to add high quality videos, I will post them.

The rain catcher is working out wonderefully!

Come check it out. I set everything to public and loaded with a few odd & ends. Take what you need, leave what you can. I plan to spawn it every season for anyone wanting to visit and in need of assistance. Bathroom area is done. Currently trying to come up with a med tent of sorts for those occasional mishaps. But not to worry adventurers, we will rejoin Mo and the gang soon enough. This was Mo’s idea by the way. We figured since you wouldn’t be able to visit our area of Vanillia we would bring a piece to you :slight_smile:

1 Like