Alpha 11 got released on HWS 10X | Little adjustments and OCD preparation info

This isn’t possible and the developers aren’t going to do this because then POI’s have to adhere to CPU as well, and they don’t want that.

1 Like

Don’t know what all the fuss is about. CLEARLY those with OCD 7+ will not be left at that level if we have 25 OCD levels. I guesstimate current L7 will be bumped to say OCD 12, and those with OCD 10 to OCD 20.

stop worrying.

that’s an answer to that, because then you can upgrade further without thinking you might have to accept losses of unpleasant dimensions. and with the cpu that will be a nerve-racking fine adjustment for rexxus, i like doing very heavy sudokus and rexxus maybe heavy settings with many components that belong together and from that i leave the decision at rexxus whether he likes it or not.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I see the whole update as a train wreak and making it even worse with your nerfs and changes to OCD. But anyways, good luck.

Exactly my thoughts.

No in fact its very easily possible but Developers don’t want to do it as of yet. Anyways, POI’s logically should to adhere to cpu limits just like the rest of us. I see no logical reason why they shouldn’t.

I’m curious why garage ships would have to be removed completely? Being able to combine base and other vehicle type equipment is very unique. Depending on the final type of ship (CV, SV, or HV) would you not then just be required to have that type of CPU system? Because there is no alien core, it just means you have to be more selective for what you put on your vehicle. Shrinking a furnace down to SV size is mighty handy!

Because CV stuff weight and takes a lot more CPU than a normal SV cqn handle. Meaning garage ships would be unable to fly.

True, but while more limited there would still be useful options available to make special ships. Cv T1 shield is only slightly higher than CPU for SV shield for example. Grow plots and medical devices cost next to nothing for CPU. CV thrusters, RCS and constructors would be the problematic items that might not be able to make it.

The devil lurks in the details.
Why is everyone so excited? Until one fog, need wait more detailed information from Rexus.

So we all hope, but ultimately the decision is with admins. And since Rex actually listens to community it’s worth pointing out our concerns here in the forums to make sure he is aware of our hopes and our thoughts as well.

Rex & Admins overall are also just humans, it’s always helpful to give them feedback & constructive criticism.
Mistakes and/or decisions the community does not want can happen & will happen, but hopefully enough feedback will minimize these incidents and we can find good, middle ground where both Rex & us, the community are happy about the changes.

2 Likes

I bet they are meta-humans, if not terminators. Their only purpose is to crush our time and influence our production of tears to fill into bongs given to them by the dark side of the industrial void of the shady shadow government that decrees that you follow suit into the man-grinder that is made for man-flavored tacos.

From Discord:

Alright @everyone
Before I never stop fine tuning the new Stargate Mission, I decided to make it a 2-step release.
I start the servers now with release 1:

• CPU: ON
  • 3 new PDA Missions all giving you Optronic Components (from very easy to medium difficulty)
    – “Need Help?” in the Tutorial Tab
    – “How do Mission Dealer work?” in the Tutorial Tab
    – “The Sunken Atlantis needs you” in the Solo Mission Tab. That one is every hour repeatable.

Release 2 at 11PM will contain:

• A new EGS HQ Stargate Mission “To The Stars”
    You have 15 minutes to build your way up to the stars to be able to enjoy the view and return as a star! :see_no_evil: :star:
    You might use shooting stars as help to go higher and higher - they contain lucrative rewards…

NOTE: Restart your game now before joining HWS to get the new PDA Missions!

Have fun and don’t forget the main intention: feedback on the CPU feature :grimacing:

To close the day: Release 2 will be active after the server restart. @everyone A Stargate Mission you can enter in EGS HQ. It’s a very new concept and I tested it a few times. I reached the stars… the end. Interested in your feedback. That was my reward for one run: This Mission is playable until monday morning and regenerate every 30 minutes. Have fun! Remember : CPU will be OFF again on Monday morning as well.

Thanks for the new Mission feedback. I forgot to initialize the start equipment, so you had to bring a starter base core + blocks with you.
I provided the essentials in the container now.

You are now also able to craft the Optronic Bridge yourself!
That means the CPU Extender are fully craftable and not required to find / trade them anymore.

Common question: Why do I make them so expensive and don’t hand out 1000 CPU Extender to everyone on login for “proper” testing?
Because this wouldn’t be proper testing. How to get them is part of the test, which is successful so far with your feedback.
I rather do couple of iterations over that then having to deal later with “nerf” complains.

Why are CPU Extenders not a common item since they are mandatory for ships and PvP?
I think Eleon thought to make CPU Extender part of mid-late game. While you don’t need a huge ship at the beginning, you work towards making a big ship over the time.
Obviously this has pros and cons, especially in Multiplayer some want to dive in PvP action after 5 minutes - with a Class 7 ship of course.
I’m still unsure how to see it myself. It has pros and cons on HWS as well.
I will think about it for HWS 11 and reading your feedback until then.

4 Likes

This one won’t let me activate it. The first time it did, but the mission was bugged and no device to put fuel. So I moved on to a different mission and now it won’t let me activate it again. I have logged on-and-off multiple times. It’s been 24 hours since I tried it the first time.

I don’t understand this mission. What stargate am I going to (through)? Is shooting stars an item? I guess it would probably make more sense to me once I can figure out where to go to build this tower thing.

THANK YOU for this! I like that a raw diamond is needed for the bridge and gold for the matrix. Now if we can only save raw diamonds in the OCD for next season… :wink: Ohhh, or could we start “mining” diamonds? Like 2 from a small deposit, 4 from a medium, and 6 from a large? Wishful thinking I guess.

Sunken Atlantis mission hit me with rep penalty but no reward and could not activate it, it might need looking at.

Reach for the stars is a lot harder now :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and it seems warp drives are not always affecting CPU: see structure ID 30723372
I put the warp drive, then the T2 extender and the warp drive no longer occupied any CPU in the CPU statistics.

CPU: On test weekend event is over.

The dedicated “To The Stars” Mission and “Sunken Atlantis PDA Mission” will be removed.
They might return back in HWS 11.

Please, if you care at all, I would like to read feedback about the CPU on HWS. What was good, what was bad.

1 Like

To be honest, I think the test may have been a little too sudden to get a lot of feedback and quite a few players were stranded/stuck. Ideally, a message when people log on. In most cases I believe people asked in chat and other players were helpful but it was noticeable how fewer players seemed to be online over the weekend.

Due to the short nature of the event, but also due to the global limits ( didn’t want to scrap an existing ship to test a new one for Sunday), I only really used a T2 SV, taking the cheapest stock blueprint and bolting things on to it. T2 requires no bridges and is able to handle POIs without turrets or ion cannons only. Assuming you are willing to repair damage it could also take down all of the HQ style POIs. The lack of shield is the key contraint at T2. Basically though, a new player can survive and grow on HWS with just the T2 and can get the resources/bridges for T3. I probably cannot easily put together an SV to take down the hardest land POIs without a shield though. Typically, I take down harder land POIs with a cheap CV. If, as rumoured, CVs will not be allowed on homeworld planets, then it will require more resources (and more risk) to take down POIs in PVP space than it currently does. The ability to bring a tank with your SV may mitigate this for some POIs and it may be by design that the harder POIs will require T3/T4.

I designed but did not use T2 combat tanks. You can still get a fair bit of firepower in and thick armour albeit no shield.

For a base it is very easy to upgrade to level 3, can’t imagine ever needing T4.

I did not test CVs as I already have two or three on each server and the pvp-style ones would not work even with level 4 CPU. It seems easy enough to put together a T1 or T2 CV for travelling the universe. T4 for CVs seems very limiting atm in terms of pvp and space battles may be more SV oriented as a result. I’ve not spent much time in creative on T4 CVs though and depending on what happend with carbon blocks this may be mitigated. The CPU values of armour blocks will be important I think.

CPU is in the game anyway, it seems manageable for new players. NPC core will be priceless for PVP CVs, less relevant or irrelevant for the other classes.

Pardon, and in than the problem with NPC cores, did cannot be empower their basic attributes: endless fuel and oxygen, the rest parameters on a common scheme… Or is it almost impossible to separate the parameters?
русский:
Простите, а в чем проблема с NPC ядрами, неужели нельзя наделить их основными атрибутами: бесконечное топливо и кислород, остальное по общей схеме… Или это практически невозможно, разделение параметров?

Once I remembered what was happening this weekend (thanks to chat) I had to let my CV just sit idle for the 2 days. I just couldn’t get the components I needed to make 4 Tier 4 CPU extensions. Even then, my CV says it’s running 23,000,000+ and Tier 4 only provides 10,000,000. So it wasn’t going anywhere anyways.

My base I was able to get to T2, but it required T3. Everything seemed to run okay - no plants dying, etc. So I left it at that.

The SV is where I was trying to concentrate on. I had to gut the shield, all weapons, and some of the RCS’ to make it fly again. It was pretty pathetic looking, but it was airborne again. Because I didn’t realize I was going to need diamonds for crafting, I sold all mine. So I raced around trying to do missions. The first 2 were pretty easy (Do you need help? and the mission dealer one.) The Atlantis bugged out on me and I could never get it to work - it locked me out. I was completely lost on where to go for the Stars/Tower mission. So I tried to buy diamonds on the marketplace, once you made the components available to craft. Thank you! LOL But by then, I just didn’t have the time to craft enough CPU extensions to make my SV fully functional again.

It seems like we would need at least a week of dailies to have enough raw diamonds to get 1 ship to a full T4. I didn’t do the math on that, so I could be way off. You would definitely need some place like the Phoenix system with some gold available to be able to craft those bridges/matrixes ← one of those 2. I wouldn’t say lock gold to just Black Hole system as new people won’t stand a chance because you couldn’t have any weapons on your ship initially until you get some gold to craft the higher tier cpu extensions. It’s a catch 22 (you can’t put weapons on a ship until you have gold to upgrade your ship, but you can’t upgrade your ship unless you have weapons to fly into the Black Hole system to get gold).

I do like the idea about limiting your ship’s role. Everyone always seem to try and cram everything on to one ship to make it the “mothership” - I do! LOL I just want to have to worry about one ship. But now I will have to think about things and do I really need a medical unit next to every ship exit? Do I really need to max out each weapon type on my ship, or do I just use the ones I need to attack POIs, or ones to keep the raptors/spiders cleared around it? Instead of these big clunky all-in-one ships with everything possible slapped on them, I’m now going to have to think out the design and purpose of the ship. Actually put some thought into it. I like that and I will be messing around a lot more over on the Creative side.

That’s my thoughts on it…

1 Like