Back to the roots with Block limitation | PvP improvement

HVs will also have block limits :slight_smile:

I have my reasons for testing them against bases.

1 Like

I have made 1 SV that was specific for PVP in mind. It has about 3000 blocks. It is a size class of 1(.84) . Based on my limited experience building these, I can’t image the need for something over 5000 blocks other than pure super tanking. Maybe 4250-4500 is a good goal. I can also see how having events with block limits and only custom SV could also help the decision process. My theoretical ideal fight time is 5-10 minutes. Anything shorter and the person who got the first shot might have too much advantage, longer and what is the point of fighting for 10 minutes and warping away?

I see some replies on other things being too OP at that point. I can see how this is the start of a whole overall re-calibrating. I also don’t see how it’s too fair that SV have 200 HP per block and Armored Concrete is 3000.

1 Like

My main issue is not so much block limits as is the drastic change to 3k. Thats what i don’t get why so drastic? Why not 4k for sv and 4k for hv? This seems like a more balanced approach. Going lower then that is just hampering creativity to me and not worth playing on this server.

1 Like

SVs can move and armored concrete can’t. Even at 3.5k a SV can withstand a fair amount of base firepower and be a bit ‘tanky’. I think 3k in blocks makes it better, as it forces SVs to expose themselves to more risk.

1 Like

Lots of playfields where you can still use bigger ships. But, GG/Homeworld limits should be low forcing players to be at risk when they get into a fight. At 4k blocks a SV/HV isn’t really at risk.

1 Like

With limits like that on SV HV base limits will have to be made to balance it all out.

2 Likes

All the pvp hotspots already have base limits. With these changes 3 bases is still good.

1 Like

An even bigger issue would be how this would effect regular sv vs garage ships which is already broken somewhat but this change will make that gap even worse. And then only people Like @Ranzeth with his garage ships will rek all the little noob ships likely all veteran regular ships too.

So Ranzeth wants crappy sv’s so he could more easily rek them with his garag ship? Whats new?

1 Like

They all also have SV/HV Limits. 3-4K block SV/HV vs 3 towers you might last 30sec.

1 Like

What’s with the hate man? I don’t use garage ship ‘blocks’. Also garage ships will have the same block limitations… meaning people won’t be as quick to throw them at a base or risk losing them.

Seems like a good trade off to me since people will rethink throwing throwing their 8 million ship away.

2 Likes

I imagine the same rule applies to garage ships. If the garage ships exceed the block count they wouldn’t be allowed either right @RexXxuS?

1 Like

I like small ships, I use svs with only a few hundred blocks, I’m fine with a 1k limit but you could allow bigger ships with some kind of upkeep tax. It would takes ressources from your ocd.

1 Like

Garage ships do extra damage and have extra thrust - just means they will be faster and do more damage, but when you pay 11 million you should. That said they won’t last as long because they will die faster.

3 Likes

a lot of people don’t want to spend their time in creative mode rebuilding ships from scratch.

4 Likes

That was my understanding, they had weaker armor or something, sure you can change their armor, but that’s a huge expense to risk IMO. I mean if you have an entire squad and want to do it then by all means, huge risk, huge reward, possibly.

I think this is the big one, and I completely understand the sentiment here but this is an ever-changing server in an alpha game.

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

You could go back to using Workshop Ships.

1 Like

I will entertain you this one time I don’t use Workshop ships.
…

2 Likes

“go back to”

But, if you don’t use them, then just go and redesign your ships. This is for the sake of more enjoyable, riskier PvP. We should all be trying our best to help refine the PvP situation so it’s fun, not just throwing out comments that do not argue for or against it.

2 Likes

I wish I could boo this…but I think that was your intention :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes