Base sniping distance

If HVs are useless, why is the attacking force that is usually fielded 80% HVs. At least the times that were used to attack my bases.

1 Like

AT most someone said there is a disparity. Which there is. HV’s are used when lag is bad. All of that, though, was BEFORE these new changes. With the new changes, SV have an even bigger damage disparity to HV’s.

1 Like

I agree with Ryan here. From my recent experience on pvp Golden Globe hv’s overpower sv’s. This is one of the reasons why TAW uses like 80% hv when taking a base or when defending their own bases. The firepower and tanking ability of a hv is like three times a sv.

I think Ryan is correct here. Hopefully Rexx will make the needed changes. :]

They use the exact same armor…An SV has macro fire which you guys use a LOT. Largest HV ive seen which barely moved was around 10k blocks. I know Sv’s can get up to 19k blocks at tier 1.

Like i said earlier, we use HV’s when the lag is bad. Pretty hard to SV with 3 fps. Though i do notice most of TPP prefer SV’s. Probably why you are railing on HV’s as hard as you are. From your vids looks like a lot of you dont suffer from the same lag a lot of us do.

I didnt see Taco post in this thread, maybe i missed something…

Yes i meant Ryan not Taco. haha About the sv i know they use same armor type and i never said they didn’t so not sure how your comment about that comes in here.

Perhaps you didn’t know but HV’s don’t really use or need much armor on the button of their ships unlike sv’s which require more armor all around their ships? :wink:

This means hv’s have more armor to use on other parts of their ships. Which is one of the reasons why their more tankier. Also because their firepower is much better then sv’s. Which also means that hv’s last even longer and sv already dead when going against a hv. And because of lag. And because hv’s have heaver and multiple turrets which you don’t really have to aim the same way you do a sv. Which is way TAW or any other smart players use about 80% hv’s when defending or attacking a base. :wink:

The reason Taw use HV’s more than SV’s is because they also carnt aim when laging out so it makes sense to
use a HV with Auto aim its smart thats why i also only use HVs on GG.

not to forget they created all the lag btw with there mini game of sim city GG adition

1 Like

You mean SV’s that are far more agile and can keep their nose facing the enemy at all times? As in why you use pencil sv’s like the Star burst?? Or you mean the tanks that get snuck up on by sv’s and macro fired in the back door? :kissing_heart:

because tanks are used to lumberjack…oh wait… If this is true, why do so many of you use SV’s? Hmm…

Maybe watch those videos YOUR team post and tell me how bad the sv’s are doing…

I know you’re pushing for SV’s, i get it. With the new meta Rex just installed you have a BIG advantage and want to keep it. You also know SV’s are for lumberjacking, which erases half your point there. HV’s do defend well, because of…lag (but you know that too :kissing_heart:)

Ya, thats been pointed out about 4 times now. Read…

Actually no i want sv’s to stay as they are now. xD You got too much salt going on bud. Get some sleep you’v been spending too many sleepless nights worried about people taking out your TAW bases on Golden Globe. I know from experience about the sleepless nights on pvp bud.

3 Likes

There is so much salt on the field where all your bases died, that is true :kissing_closed_eyes:. And of course with the new buffs and advantage you just got, you definately want to keep it.

All this anger from you and your buds because i asked for homing to be the same. I wonder who’s the salty one? Have a great day Israel. Which is hilarious being my wife is Jewish. She actually asked if you’re from Israel or just named your character that because Israel is badass?

I myself have not put any pvp bases on Golden Globe yet. So perhaps you mean the other op4 members. I’m not really salty i like your faction TAW and like how you people play in a smart and organized way which is how i like doing things myself. :]

Israel is my real first name but i am a christian born in Chile and raised in the U.S. Peace bud.

But TAW always claims they don’t lag when the “rebel” alliance would attack their bases, even before OLP was removed and they removed all their assets because they didn’t want to be offline raided.

Noone ever claimed that, but of course if Ryan said we did :thinking:

That Methos is my favorite so far. That one is hilarious :joy:

It has been brought up several times that HVs are used when SVs can’t fly through so much lag and auto-turrets are needed in order to deal damage. Maybe all the re-balance needs is smaller scale battles where lag isn’t so fierce? I feel like someone has pointed this out before…

Stop zerging and the game will balance itself. Is this not obvious?

Im assuming you’re asking us to stop zerging? Im not sure though, as the numbers have been pretty even. Maybe to both teams? One only has to look at the videos Posted by rebels to get an idea of numbers on both sides. And how on earth are you wanting to regulate this? Making max number of people per faction? The rebels are already using multiple factions. 10 last count.

Smaller battles wouldnt change the fact that HV’s should have the same rocket damage as an SV.

Nope. I won’t ask you to stop zerging. It is within the rules, so you go right ahead and do it. Hopefully it will show RexXxuS the performance issued with it and he will find a way to prevent it in future seasons.

The numbers are currently even. If you’d read what I posted, you’d see that I said “at the time we don’t want to contribute to the problem”, but we have since been forced to recruit a fair amount ourselves to compete. This was out of necessity, not desire.

10 rebel factions? We are talking about HWS right? There are TPP/Op4/GRG mainly. Sometimes PKA, but they don’t play much. Also there is PoR, but that’s just Ucka and he doesn’t wanna join a large one. If you wanna stretch it you could say 5, but 10 is a MASSIVE exaggeration.

To answer your question, yes. I think factions should be limited either in the amount of people they can recruit, or in the amount of people they can field on a playfield in order to regulate lag by reducing the scale of engagements. 10 bases per faction, 10 players online per faction (mostly in tank)… you count the turrets firing simultaneously. I ran out of fingers. Reduce the obvious sources of lag and vehicle balancing generally will be much easier.