Bases are still pointless in PvP

Yip I remember G-I two man defending holding off 8 of us for about 7-8 hours, its definitely possible

Well today with active defense base two of us managed to hold quite big assault for hours until reinforcements arrived. So I guess bases are OK. Everything you just put around and leave will end up stripped of turrets od destroyed quite fast.

1 Like

Well that was the first attack, 5 minutes later it was over.

26 18:56 Ranzeth ACP 3 Golden Globe HWS7-DOOM-Sattelite

I play PVP only tactial since decades and was active army officer, so i know how to build defences, these were two A.F.T. buffed bases. This is very LOL.

On regular servers with only 2 standard artillery without guided missiles and without guided FLAK plus increased range he would have taken me out in 2 minutes instead of 5 or what ? So ridiculous…

Was a CV used to tank your base guns? With this tactic I can imagen your base going down quickly, as CV tank is still crazy good.

Are ok, here is how it works and what makes bases on golden globe pointless. Was better when no CV were allowed on golden globe and their general size limited to 3 :

a) land your size 7 OP CV on golden globe tanking the base turrets at point blank
b) start your size 7 OP SV sniping the base turrets
c) you have tons of time till the HWS vessel size controls strike, 3 warnings take much more time than you need to take out the base

= bases completely pointless !

2 Likes

Yea if anything not class 1 lands it should be insta deleted :smiley: would be nice

Another issue is smacking towers almost on top of enemy base.

Perhaps Bases need to have other types of turrets that are not available for CVs. For example, a long range turret that emits a EMP beam, affecting a CV at long range and as it comes closer, starts shutting down more and more functions. At point blank a CV would then be useless. These turrets mounted on the planets surface could only work by using part of the planets magnetic field or some other form of backround energy not available to CVs.

Good old Shields is what we need here.

Dev’s did say something about shields are on the horizon not sure how far on the horizon but they are there xD.

I believe offensive bases are more of an issue than Cv since you can just grab your own Cv wait for enemy to leave planet and put it down.

as one of the two sv pilots that attacked your… towers. I have a lot to say about the situation.

1. use taller towers. I used hills to bob in and out of cover while plugging at your turrets. I was able to get right on your base because the towers could not shoot down on me, making hit and hide tactics in an sv very easy.
  2. flush people who are attacking you out of these cover locations, you instead chose to cut and run… which got you out of there with more assets then you would have otherwise.
  3. actually use all of the turrets you can make… you only had a handful of turrets on each tower.
  4. don’t expect bases to be able to outsmart people. the game does not and will not ever play like that.

honestly given your behavior I had thought the intent was for them to be a distraction while you escaped in your cv, which you successfully did. they were little cheapy towers. and you were on the most sought after planet in the server.

beyond that I can only suggest you run with more people. bases are buffed, not unstoppable.

ACP TAW HPG and DIV have successfully prevented any unallied faction from having a base on planet for a whole day since server wipe including with 8+ people defending against us with two well stocked and pvp designed towers in great positions with experienced players and good pvp assets. (although that was a half day slog with the enemy choosing to just pick up most of their assets and leave after we finally stripped the turrets off one of their two towers)

Players at this point mostly try to do what you did where you hit down, slap some things up, mine as fast as you can and shoot away

1 Like

Yes I would think it would be good if anything above the playfield CV limit was instantly warped away as the server currently does when entering origin restricted spaces.

maybe but it wouldn’t be related to what happened here. the only CV in the playfield was actually his

Today i placed two other improved bases on GG, the local gangbangers and 1:1 avoiders, faction ACM, destroyed both in 5 minutes.

In the current state of Empyrion PvP- bases are completely pointless.

Bases by themselves are not enough you need defenders or they fall as they should

You need to pick a PvP planet that isn’t populated by some of the most seasoned pvp vets on the server. Pcik a less populated planet, gather resources, and learn how intricate pvp is. Those HWS Doom Satellite things were very poorly designed bases if I recall correctly - also don’t forget that you can add offline protection so your bases don’t get instantly destroyed.

@CaptainJack you lasted much longer then 5 minutes that time. your towers were still poorly designed and placed and I called for backup to work through them instead of soloing them for the sheer amounts of turrets they had. I was slowed even further by your buddy replacing turrets, but that’s a stopgap measure compared to harassing my location with an hv/sv

I could still bob in and out of defilade without harassment.

and we can typically field about 8 guys to clear out visitors on GG

edit you guys are learning exponentially fast. looking forward to getting home to assault this latest base.

building close to the grene wall can be a mixed blessing though

Thanks for the open and fair answer.

Dont take me wrong, i have no doubt about your raiding skills and tactics.

What i try to show and point out : There is NO way for a small faction to set up a foothold/bridgehead on Golden Globe. Both GG are taken by big factions. These need 5 minutes to clear out WHATEVER defense we may set up. You did just admit that i am right. I discussed that fact with Rexxus and a very clear „STFU pussy“ as answer. That is ok for me. also in ARK the devs dont care about small tribes/single players but just do everything to comfort the biggest mega tribes (which are powerfull enough already, even without further dev input).
This is sad as it prevents interesting battles and sieges for power on GG. For small tribes there is no other choice but landing with a cheap HV, grabbing as much gold as possible in the night or early in the morning and leave.
This is sad, i would prefer interesting HV vs SV battles or even size1 CV battles… end all of them vs bases. But of course not vs bases that are down in 5 minutes without losses and efforts, what is the situation right now.

Just my 5 cent. My base builds are bad ? Maybe they are, but hey, size 7 is not giving more firepower over size 1, right ? As long as Eleon is not caring about that major Empyrion imbalance we are stuck.

I clearly have the resources to start major battles whereever you want, but i wont do that when i dont have a chance to win/achieve anything.

We actually prefer hit and run and not having permanent bases on GG. My faction is 2 man only and we attack almost daily. We take on larger forces and even go against multiple garage ships with just our own designs. Sure we are made fun of and called cheaters for no reason, but anyone with a brain should understand that 2 people can not put down bases and stand toe to toe with a 43 man faction allied with 4 other factions and wealthy from months/years of playing on HWS. Yet we are having fun SV PvP constantly and getting kills even. One of the last fights was 9 v 2 and we still fought them for 15 minutes before warping and surviving even though the 9 included 2 garage ships.

Fact is if you want to be small you can’t expect to have equal power/influence as the giant faction alliances, it would be broken if you did. But there is much fun to be had annoying them and still mining all the gold you need. In 1 month I have mined OCD from 1 to 5, maxed out OAMs, and have 40+ million in the bank. Al the while we spend more time attacking them than mining, it is more fun.

Last night was no exception for me; 4-5 TAW/ACP were attacking all bases on Homeworld because they were bored, and the majority of the time it was just me. Managed to mess up a few of their ships pretty good in the process, got some veggies out of a backpack and had a good time taunting / harassing them for their efforts. Was a good fight all around, even caused some good damage inside one of the CV sponges with a micro SV, blowing the core out at one point. With the removal of OP I can guarantee they will be counterattacked on GG much more frequently, whether they have greater numbers or not. In the end it’s a war of attrition.