Bugs that "everyone knows about" in 5.0

You mean having the core at the end of the ship so it’s WAY out of range of turrets? It’s not very practical…

1 Like

Ship limit - 250 blocks in one side. Ship weapons range - 800. BA turets - 900 m and 160mm - 1100 m. So if u go for all turrets except 160mm, u would kill them without getting any dmg. Profit? - yes. Its real profit. Nowadays BA, could destroy any 20k CV in few seconds… So such methods gonna be used I think.

I dont know about that base statement. Yes they do considerable damage, and thats how it should be, now that they can fight back. but a well made cv or two can still take down any one base if you approach it intelligently

I tried a design like this in 4.0.

Basically it was a block of systems in the very back for flight that had the center of mass in it and a log line of blocks going ~300m in front of the flight systems block that had turrets on it.

I designed is specifically with donging in mind and that’s when we learned turrets fire at center of ship and not center of mass.

From my experience, ships like this should not be considered an exploit. They handle horribly. I couldn’t control the pitch of the ship in any meaningful way. If people design ships like this I would call it a trade off in ship design. You might be out of range of turrets and be able to siege but if anyone at all shows up your cv is dead.

In 4.0 - u just need CV with empty “blue ball”. Thats all. BA turrets didnt see u - and u see them. In 5.0, u just hide Core… We start watching such ships more often right now.

I’m not sure what you mean by “hide core.”

No matter where I move the core on my ship it gets shot. I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Core must be out of turrets range =\

Ok but that’s what I’m saying.

You can move the core far back and have a very long ship but it will handle extremely poorly. I don’t think that’s an exploit, have a base killing CV that is extremely vulnerable to other CV’s due to poor handling. That doesn’t seem like an exploit to me it just sounds like rational ship design.

Its something like “empty blue ball” in 4.0. Some design, which makes useless BA-deff. Its rly exploit.

If you turn off your front thrusters while moving, you will continue to move at the same speed indefinitely for a fraction of the fuel cost. This is like the biggest exploit, completely unintended by the devs and absolutely game-breaking (barring physics). I for one suggest this gets patched immediately. Unless, of course, it was intentional. Then I propose a hotkey to be enabled for cruise control.

Huh? You’re seriously think this is an exploit? I generally turn off RCS as well cause well 200 of them when crusing to home base in deep space. Also I go AFK…

2 Likes

Newtonian physics in a space game is an exploit?

How does that make any sense at all?

1 Like

Honestly I see where you are coming from, in that it is not really an obvious enough part of the game mechanic to be intentional. But personally I think if all thrusters are turned off, the ship should keep going in whatever direction it was going. Not just powering down front while moving forwards. SE does a wonderful job with this, keeping it closer to real world physics. Ill add it though, it is def a bug. But I by no means recommend they patch it. If you are travelling in a straight line in space, you should not have to keep your thrusters burning at max power to maintain speed when there is no drag.

That work?

I was kinda just joking around. But we really do need more hotkey options for action groups.

totally agree here… its space… no air, no resistance. I really hope the developers can make it so that the ONLY fuel burn is done when you are ACTUALLY pushing the corresponding keys to modify direction/speed. This makes since, they could even add a “full stop” function to the “O” keep so we dont keep missing the 0.0 mark when trying to decelerate… This will at least simulate real physics a great deal and make it so that we all can stop having to “Uncheck” our thrusters every time we park a ship anywhere

1 Like

More seriously this time:

• Chunk unloading(?) bug. If you park a ship near a base/POI with a hill/mountain between them, then leave, the turrets will fire through the terrain. Sometimes I’ve come back to a ship with holes in it after getting dc’d.
  • Food perish timer doesn’t start if you left it in the processor. I keep forgetting about the meals i make.
  • My favorite: Zooming in with (at least the) sniper rifle then removing the black overlay. It makes a neat zoom-in camera effect. Useless, but fun. Zoom in with rifle, press B, let go of zoom, press B again.

What they need to do is make j toggle thrusters when you are in a ship. Who really needs a hot key for changing the state of a jetpack you cant use til you get out anyways? Could also use U for closing ramps/doors instead of just your helmet. I know you can get doors with double y, but not ramps. And removing your helmet in a seat makes NO change.

Yes its possible to have core 500km> away from guns so all your weapons have 500k more range than enemies, that’s why guns only shooting at core can be exploited very easily.

And also about the afk cruising in space with no thrusters you can just get max speed and press y :stuck_out_tongue: your ship will just maintain that speed, no need to turn off front thrusters.

But if you are using this, and it is clear that you are violating a rule and when you activate the function of seeing the center of mass, if your ship is in this way the blue line burns the horizontal or red axis showing the vertical axis Will extend to infinity and soon you will be able to see the actual size of your ship …