Bugs that "everyone knows about" in 5.0

Everyone violates that rule naturally by building bigger ships, that’s one big reason massive ships win over smaller ships, because they start firing sooner…

In 5.0 you can place 02-generatores and H2O-generatores outside the water, if there is shore-terrain under them.

A priority targeting system would be great.
1.Core
2.Turrets
3. Weapons
4. Vitals

Lots of bugs/exploits gone just like that.

2 Likes

Kogami have you actually tried this? because I have. It locks the speed reading, but in reality you are slowing. you can test this by powering off while moving for 30 seconds, then power back on and see if you are moving at max. Spoiler alert, you are not

So you think that the reason the large ships win is because the guns fire a few seconds later? not because of the twenty extra layers of armor? lol

‘Try not to use them’ lol.
Either you use it, or you don’t. You don’t ‘try’. This is the best topic of the year, but if you dislike it obviously you don’t want these stuff fixed .D

Thank you. Devs went through the list and will write them down (most are on ther radar already, but some new ones are in it too). They will prioritize them and try to fix them as soon as they can.
They still have to some bugs questions, but I will write you about it soon.

But as mentioned: Keep exploits only in pm not in public forum!

2 Likes

haha your right! i didn’t realize it was just reading lock xD, guns are so strong now that a few seconds makes a huge difference to amount of damage taken, my ship had 30 layers in front 5 layers on the sides and 3 layers top and bottom, the enemies homing missile wrapped around my ship and found the weakest point to get to the core and chewed through those 3 layers so quick it wasn’t even funny… and this is a 80k iron ship…

Soz jascha if we put something in here that would cause problems.

Perhaps also add to the list to stop resetting my jetpack to “off” everytime I warp/relog… So annoying when I fall in a pit because I assumed my jetpack was on…

4 more added to section 3, 2 for section 2.

While I appreciate a more maintained bug list… How does this differ from the Official Eleon bug thread? Is this HWS only bugs? Gamewide bugs? both?

Just updated bugs. The bug lists that I have seen have consisted of just your thread, and with no feedback and just a lengthy thread to read through, it is unlikely anyone will be able to see quickly whether something is a long standign bug, resolved, etc… And after the whole waypoint issue being a surprise thing, I figured we needed to try something different, because the bug reporting was not effective.

Not 100% sure on this as some things are out of my ability to verify (HWS Server side messages) but suspect might be a game related issue as well…

Park CV with SV on it… yeilds higher than 500 device count, say 519 if i recall properly. Undock SV, next message says same number. Leave SV floating undocked… go harvest my garden, device count jumps up to 533 or something. Seems easy to reproduce but suspect the act of harvesting grow plots to somehow increment or count as add / remove of new devices but somethings is wonky. Entire time, the “P” menu shows something like 470 devices…

Also… for large factions… can we PLEASE PLEASE get a ship ID or even better… NAME instead of the standard… Faction your “CV” in orbit so in so is above the device count. Sucks for trying to figure out WHICH CV is being referred to here…

(Yes i know the warning states it could be a false positive… but they do get annoying quickly)

players parking HV in crater they made so they become untargetable due to terrain modification rendering issue.

1 Like

Some graphical bugs:

When an other player sits in a cockpit he sometimes still holds an item, like a drill, in his hand. This looks really strange because it pokes out of the cockpit.

Another graphical problem is, when you or your mates are sitting in a passenger seat. It looks always strange, I think, but sometimes the characters perform strange “gymnastics”, means the position of the character in the chair changes his position within a second between normal sitting, something else and a position when he spreads of his arms and legs.

At least there is a problem with the colours of the space-suits. they look really diffrent between diffrent locations and light levels.

Added these. Have seen them myself, but forgot about them til you said this.

I replicated this with warp tank and pentaxid. It happens if you leave the warp tank open while warping. To avoid it you need to close the window while warping and reopen it after.

I assume it does the same with fuel in your situation.

1 Like

The one bug that really annoys me is the fact that often I use up oxygen even when I have my helmet off in a breathable atmosphere. I have died a number of times as a result of this bug. It is most annoying when you are not in reach of oxygen because you shouldn’t need any, then you drop dead.

I will list it, but the reason for this is likely because you are in a seat. Even an open one. You wont just drop dead from no o2 when walking around a breathable planet with helmet off. If you do, record it.

All you have to do is get out of your ship. It is avoidable. Awkward, but avoidable.

I’m sure it happens when I am walking around as well. That is why it is so annoying. I asked whether anyone else had the same problem in HWS global chat and got several affirmatives.