"Cannot connect to dedicated server anymore" error

For the past 2 days I have been getting this as well. Seems to pick up frequency today it has happened quite a bit to the point I wont play till fixed. It happens with me and I will be just standing inside of my CV so I do not think it happens based on what you are doing.

I live in the US
awesome comp
awesome internet

After 24h of testing - still unplayable.
DCs during fighting, flying, messing with boxes, idling, mining,ā€¦

Had a few concurrent DCs on NA tonight. One just hung on the messGe but chat kept rolling. Never disconnected fully.

yea i never disconnect ether just says in red letters

ā€œcannot connect to dedicated server anymoreā€ in upper left of the play screen.

I did a fresh install including wipe out my bp library and still does it

Hey RexXxuS,

I played all weekend ,the server worked well.Only one time in three -four days I has this message.But now I am with new Internet provider.If you keep off Heartbeatclient,I will test again with the first(old) Internet provider for see what happen .
I hope that this can help to another players which have this problem.
Thank you for your time
Liviu Dan

Heyā€¦oh that is interesting. Thanks for the info.
If you could make a test with the old provider that would be great. maybe afterwards we can test the same with Heart-Beat on again (old vs new provider). Then we could make sure its either the provider, or the heartbeat.

Hi,
Last night I tested 2-3 hours the game with old provider.The server worked fine, no problems.So it seems that the connection is not to blame.

I disconnected about half a dozen times last night, which was high compared to my max of one per day I have been getting. But every single one was while I was either moving items, or drilling with an HV.

Still got problems, even during last nightā€™s stress test.
Jsut made a drive format and clean install, weā€™ll see how this works out.

Well, system wipe didnā€™t help.
Iā€™m running out of ideas :frowning:

Whatā€™s intresting is it seems working fine on my laptop (didnā€™t have much playtime on it, but donā€™t remember having an error there).

The heartbeat client delay i belive isnā€™t helping, its just makes it longer for the ā€œcannot sendā€¦ā€ message to appear - usually takes about 10 to 20 seconds. during all this time i receive server info but donā€™t send.

It makes so that when deconnected when flying i reconnect a few kilometers aways from my ship (relative to how fast i was flying, servers keep me flying until it notice that iā€™m not sending ā€œpressing Wā€ info anymore).

Also make so that depending on the situation content of boxes can be duplicated or lost - content are lost if DCed when withdrawing (as serverā€™s box info updates, but my characterā€™s inventory donā€™t), but duplicating if thrown into a chest (server registers new stuff appearing in chest, but not disapearing from inventory). The second part might be used as an exploit by someone who can manage to consciously duplicate the error.

Iā€™m joining the logs i got, maybe it will be of some help.
Client_170222-163604-17.log (67.6 KB)

also this all started on last Friday 02/17/2017 not sure what changed up to that point but I dont like it!

same thing happening to me and my faction mates for last 2 days. It happens only while we are in our base and trying to access stuff with ā€œPā€ hotkey.

To avoid repetitive, try to no open for 10 mins a chest that just caused you to disconnect. Best i can help you with for the moment.

Thanks in that case i go for metorite hunt ^^

Hopefully this helps others. I use to play on hws eu someone suggested since I live in the US to try the hws na server and every since i switched it has not happened any more. Not sure why it did on EU but something changed that made it i cant play there any more.

Well, aparently i was able to get utterly rid of the problem by dumping my ISPā€™s internet and using my phoneā€™s LTE. Is the problem due to router settings or ISP is yet to figure, but apparently some router setting or some ISPs got issues communicating with the server. Too many proxies on the way maybe?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having this problem on and off, and itā€™s not my connection as far as I can tellā€¦ Iā€™m playing on NA and only noticed this issue in the last day or two, but itā€™s becoming increasingly frequent, and now just kicked me entirely for the first time.

Whatā€™s weird is Iā€™m still connected to the serverā€¦ i can see live chat messages from other people, i can move and harvest, but i canā€™t send chats and if i log and come back it sets me back to where the incident started.

I also just tried to wait it out this time, and was kicked to main menu with message ā€œYou cannot connect to the server. Kicked by EAC. Please check if you started the game with AntiCheat protection software enabled.ā€

EDIT - logged back in, and game is INCREDIBLY choppy now. Logged twice, restarted client, still unplayably choppy. Had to restart system to fix. Verified game files through steam, checked out clean, also noticed my client logs havenā€™t updated since 2/16, so deleted logs and profile for reset.

EDIT2 - it just happened again right after i logged in and started drillingā€¦ cannot send to dedicated server, and choppy framerate. Idk what happened, but this has become unplayable entirely.

EDIT3 - Another restart, tried again, same issue. Backed out, jumped on Renntech. Connection is fine. Played a few minutes, no error. Jumped back to HWS, havenā€™t been kicked since, although it did require another system reboot. It seems to be a combination of things here, as whatever issue I am having situationally on HWS, also bugs out my GPU drivers (Nvidia GTX 960), and this has never happened in solo or other dedicated servers.

Are you technical at all?

Would you try doing a tracert from your source to HWS destination on both connections?

Does your latency change between the two services?

Do you by any chance have any other network intensive workloads at the time?

Have you noticed at all any spikes in memory, clue or network utilization around the time of these drops?

Asking some questions for discovery. I get the issue often, but donā€™t have two connections to test on.

Internet providers can and do change routes without notice and this can interrupt some latency sensitive applications ; but I donā€™t think this would be such a common thing for every player.

Is this of any help, hopskotch?

Yes, latency change. No intensive load on network iā€™m aware of. Didnā€™t notice memory spikes, but then, didnā€™t look for them.

Just a little update its been 7 days and since i switch servers I had no further issues with this annoying bug