"Cannot connect to dedicated server anymore" error

Thanks Fulgrim!

I can see some MAJOR lag spikes on your ISP link at some of those hops. Although you sent signiciantly more packets through ISP than LTE – The avg’s look better on ISP Link. However if the ISP route is spiking with major latency - it could be why we’re getting desynched, but still seeing the game play on without us. Latency for the heartbeat was too low, but the game client was able to recover.

This may also be a sidelong reason as to why it triggers when it does. The packets sent from client to server are likely to be largest when you alter your local instance significantly, either moving items around, mining at high rate and recalculating the voxels, etc. Obviously there is some more at work here, for example why the same act will not ALWAYS dc you, but will likely do it eventually…

Indeed. I got desynched 3 x mining on arma this morning. A difference since the update however is that it immediately kicked me. I didn’t watch the game play on.

I noticed that it tends to do this on sustained drilling. Popping on and off seemed to be fine. May or may not have contributed.

Might toy with this later and do some packet captures.

Acutally if i find a crate that DC me, i can reapeat it at will for some time.

It kciks you as soon as you got the message, but usually you get the message some time after the actual decync took place.

Is there any solution you see with the ISP? Its pretty much the only game i get the problem with, and no ping jumps detected when occuring. My connection is stable as far i can tell in other games.

Im now getting this message again when im using my lady bug to drill into the ground for ore. I hope the cause is found soon its really annoying and makes me hesitant on playing

For me it’s almost always with mining or deconstructing.

Mining, deconstructing, moving stuff from crates, on bad days even simply moving a spaceship.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.