Changes to EGS Recycle and destroy ship ID commands

It’s fine for now. Most players dont have sizeable loot in their Backpacks anyways. On EU at least there are too many people who happily farm kills until folks rage-quit.

My recommendation is to keep CB:GOHome as-is. Let’s wait to see some consequences of the current change before anyone starts jumping the ‘gun.’ So-to-speak.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

I rather think that has different reasons. EU and NA have the same rule set and config and NA is even more smoother cause less players.
NA guys are just fast on the trigger and like it or leave it (culture I guess). EU mentality is more towards patience and well, everyone sits in the same boat.
Interesting to see the difference at least.

cb:destroy is “fixed”.

What about the “broken weapon system”? You mean hitscan? Try again in 8.6.3. But then again, everyone is in the same boat and maybe you just need to rebuild your ships but you don’t want to?
Ask some guys who do more PvP like @Paxxo1985. Is it that broken?
At least not much we can do about it.

Disconnects? Welcome to Empyrion :frowning:

Lack of planets to build on?
Example? There are still thousands of cores left on all planets you can build on.
It’s of course your opinion but I don’t like to work with vague, dubious feedback, hence I can’t improve it — just in case you want to improve it?

1 Like

I don’t disagree, I think the EU guys take the hand they have been dealt and adapt to it. Lag shots are a pain yes, but nothing adding 3 layers of shutters/windows around your cockpit can’t solve.

Let me give you a single example for 7.5 on GG the biggest cause of lag was the terrain not getting wiped around bases and antigrief was almost 1km. Those where really the only 2 parameters I think needed adjustment. Instead antigrief was completely removed and 1 base per Alliance.

P.S Rex you do amazing work it’s really hard to balance a turd on a stick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! That is something I can work with and yes, I agree, that I’m fast on the way to change too much in one swing… before a new season comes out I invest non-stop about 4 weeks straight, day and night and collect all bookmarks + notes I made of feedback from everyone and then this is coming out…

I really welcome you to send me your suggestion of GG especially for the next season.
Bunkers, Anti Grief, Gold surface, wipes, Red gold, etc.
I really like detailed feedback with thoughts behind it.

My thoughts on these topics are as follows.
cb:destroy and recycle. should not be allowed with enemies nearby, also add a delay until the next server “tick” so that ships that have had their cores shot out can’t be destroyed or recycled.
cb:gohome. change it so that it does a ~destroyme before sending you back to home location, so you can’t exploit it to get your loot out. Use it with enemies nearby or not doesn’t matter that much. I don’t think you should be able to use it to magically transport your inventory out of harms way. Making it kill you first would cause it to drop your loot. For those about to complain about it: if you got legitimately stuck somewhere and your home point bugged out, you can return and recover your pack. If you use it in PvP, most likely the enemy is going to get your stuff. In either case this is a survival game and you failed to survive so you should drop your stuff.

GG: keep the bunkers, some people like them. Change base limit to 3 per alliance, 1 per faction. Gold surface? maybe… or maybe in a few small patches like the rainbow crusts on homeworld this season. make them worth doing but not big enough to compete with the red gold. The entire surface made it too easy to collect gold for hours without being found out. I’d suggest making the land claim range quite short also, enough to prevent digging a base out but not huge.

3 Likes

Taking advantage of the topic I would suggest only Rexx to increase the damage of CV hand weapons in the battles I had, I consider that the hand missel of the CV, the one that shoots according to the aim of the player should have equal or greater damage of the artillery , because in many battles this damage can disable a large cv, the hand pulse must also be revised because I consider that it should also have a greater damage and also cause more damage in the area, I think with changes in these two 2 battles of CV will have a faster end than currently occurs among class 7 CVs.

I do not know if there is a topic where we can report on how this is or possible problems that we detected in the weapons system …

2 Likes

Sorry Rexxus the way this forum is layed out that is what I read and then responded immedietly had I read through yes you are right, be better you fix 100% of my claims :slight_smile:

Freemam I agree the manual CV weapons should be more powerful but I also feel the turrets should be better. Right now there are too many weapons that are completely ineffective in combat not because they do too little damage but because they can’t hit a moving target.

Slow down CVs. Problem solved.

about this I think that one way to block this would be to limit the number of turbines and rcs with respect to class, that is to say to stipulate a maximum number according to the class of the ship, this value would meet the weight and quantity of blocks and devices that a ship has, forcing players to choose between mobility or shielding; my battle cv has 45,000 blocks and moves laterally to more than 50m / s both left and right, it is a little below the top of class 7, if we had a blocking system as I said I would never have such a capacity of movement with the armor that I have, which would make me decide whether I want more mobility or more armor …

about the firepower of towers and handguns, I consider that the manuals need a booster, the pulse and the missel must have more damage in area and a direct damage much greater something like 5 times more, as the towers I could realize that certain towers are not doing the correct damage to the weapons they are retracting, ie non-retractable weapons take the correct damage and retract them do not seem to suffer any damage, I do not know if this has already been mentioned, if not public now, as well as other discrepancies that we noticed in tests that my group and I did on pvp systems here on the server …

You know the DC’s, destroy ship and SG warp outs are not the only issue. There are also those who have MANY TIMES battle logged once they are disabled and take all their loot they can with them to later recover when they log back in. This method denies PVPers a kill and is really taking the fun out of PVP too. Is ther anyway to keep the persons body in the game kind of like rust so they cant battle log?

On Eu we have a special treatment for those… and it works :smiley: