Changes to EGS Recycle and destroy ship ID commands

I agree about disabling or removing from Homeworld and Blackhole, move those two. Keep the rest where they are.

1 Like

Cb:recycle and cb:destroy should exist in pvp sectors, just apply like you said the enemy is near rule :slight_smile:
Is it possible that recycle and destroy are not disturbed by allies? I mean now egs recycle was blocked by allies near me marked as enemy by the tool.

1 Like

so true, especially when you’re camping a warp-in Ranzeth :rofl: I dont like the destroy command at all period. But I hate exploiters and dishonest people more…sooo…

What’s worst is someone slanderring others when they are full of shit :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey Caboose, I have that entire engagement on video. You say I was camping… that’s cool, but do you have any proof? No - then stop whining. Go file a Police Report and get me in trouble, and if you don’t have the proof to do so, don’t bring it up on a topic where we are trying to actually be constructive.

I am going to attempt to play “both” sides.

What if you make cb:destroy available and everything in cargo boxes, etc drops for looting. I am sure that will take a large amount of coding, but maybe that will satisfy both sides? The person blowing up the ship wont lose the BP and the person attacking will get the loot.

Again, I know both sides will have an issue with this, but it is a middle ground (in my opinion).

Probably wouldn’t work. CB:Destroy deletes the in-game structure. It essentially allows you to use the Admin command “destroy” but with limitations. To accomplish your idea you’d have to change how Empyrion coding.

That, and capturing a 40k combat ship and recycling it actually gives you loot worth the fight.

PVP is not dying on the NA it’s almost Christmas time and we all have to work to buy presents.
everyone is trying to reconfigure their blueprints for the new configurations.
there was a lot of times when you guys were giving out free resources on GG last season doing your suicide runs.
I can see if there is a constant abuse of the ship destroy command.
but I have not experienced it for myself so I think that’s antidotal evidence.
that’s one of the aspects of PVP is going out and looking for resources and fighting for them.
Spoils of War are just a little bonus.

A lot of the seasoned PvP factions “left” due to the hitscan issues. So yes PvP on NA is nowhere near what it should be. During peak time EU has nearly double the players that NA has, and that’s not normal.

Attention: part 1 of our coming patch cycle is life:

egs:recycle (old) and cb:destroy (new) can’t be used anymore, if enemies are nearby.

2 Likes

Totally takes the pvp right out of the game. We have mentioned this before what is seriously missing from pvp especially here on HWS is a reward for battle. Old days we fought , killed a player , got his ship or his back pack. Now we get nothing, They can delete their ships, they can grab their backpacks and cb:gohome , why pvp on HWS when its just a waste of time?

The suggestion for disconnect is identify what is causing the disconnects which I know is hard, I think its been happening since the beginning. But yeah its the risk of going into PVP, know that the playfield can get overly crowded and disconnect will be likely. If you remember Rex back (1.5-3.0) in the old days had a lot smaller ships, of course I guess having too many turrets caused the part of the disconnects then and now the rebalance of less turrets created bigger and extremely large ships. Would love to see sv’s get 21 guns again!!!

Actually instead of a base when deleting ships the cargo boxes are left behind would be kool !

Rexxus quote" Neither disabling blueprinting, nor dropping a generic or percentage of inside loot is possible guys, sorry.

Any other ideas?"

No no not possible is a bad word. May you cannot do it from HWS side . But Eleon could do it. If those alien planet ships drop containers upon deletion then so should player ships be able to. It would be an excellent suggestion for you to tell them since you are in close contact with Eleon.

Here is a suggestion for Eleon, how about having the servers or the game detect when a player is dc’ed. I am sure they should be able to determined between if a player has logged out or has been disconnected. So if a player is dc’ed his ship maybe goes into offline protection for like 2 minutes .

I do not think this would be possible, and if it was then it would not work well because people would be finding ways to abuse this I am sure but forcing disconnect in a bad situation.

Ehm, it’s strange to reply to me if I just announced a fix to 50% of your claims?!
Read again and try again.

HWS gives you PvP everywhere and rewards you with RP for example. And with RP you can buy any support package or ingame stuff.

Anyways, maybe we should implement the enemy nearby check also for cb:gohome?
Feedback?

2 Likes

About 30 to 40 pvper have left in the last few weeks excluding many of ACP’s members. I have never seen this kind of out flux. From the cb:destroy broken weapon system disconnects and lack of planets to build on.

1 Like

No. keep CB:Gohome as it is now to prevent excessive farming. CB recycle checks and CB destroy checks are good enough for now. We shouldn’t take two steps backward for one step forward.

• Most experienced PVPers dont have much on them when fighting anyways. And most noobs dont have anything worthwhile to proper PVPers; the loot is primarily the ship or in the ship.

Best regards
Wise,

1 Like

Strange i told you about this in 7.XX Where players kill themself grab backpack and cb:gohome.

The biggest problem with cb:gohome is you keeping everything in the inventory.