Coming new HWS 9.X season đŸ”„ | Teaser 1 | HWS Garage / Weapon rework | HWS 3 Year Event Reward

oohh that must be it, i used ev:killrexxxus without the start like 3 times and wondered why i wasn’t getting any event joined messages thought it was because of the lag
 :confused:

ok, found you manually and applied it.

Nice, received it! Thank you very much! that was much faster/easier than i thought it would be :smiley:
cheers :beers:

1 Like

Hey Rex,

I had the same issue as Hayawen, I didnt use the command either.

Thanks

Hey, ok manually applied.

1 Like

thanks Rex

1 Like

I was wondering why you had 10K health! :slight_smile:

Great job with the event and thanks for the very generous reward! I enjoyed seeing you stream, and suggest you do it more!

Balance and having a decision is always good, thanks for giving us that path.

2 Likes

Are there the new goods and features (armored cockpit and so on) of the alpha 9.5 available together with the wipe at 20th march?

Hmm
 and the Diamonds are raw material also

Ps: @RexXxuS, when will the next teaser come :heart_eyes:

Everything is coming in the next season.

Teaser: soon :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you. This reward makes up for the difficulties experienced during the event. Here’s to hoping that Empyrion improves pvp play.

1 Like

HWS Garage update for coming season

After further thoughts, especially with the most serious threat “performance” in mind, we will change the “Miner” Category (Read more about Category below).
The general limit in the HWS Config will be

• 10 instead of 6 HV Drills
  • 10 instead of 6 CV Drills

That means a HV and CV can have max. 10 Drills instead of 6 per default (spawnable on HWS).
The SV however can only have the max. limit of them now (similar to weapons).
So either 10 HV or 10 CV Drills or 5 of both etc.

HV and CV will keep/get the advantage of double as much Drills though.
Read more about it here:
https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage/4643/2?u=rexxxus

Why?

I don’t do this because punishing one group over another!
I do this because

1. Performance issues with too many 21 SV Driller around
  2. Generate more variety of gameplay again (boosting HVs & CVs in the Universe)

One Golden Globe Playfield log is about 1mb big. A regular planet is about 100kb big.
So not only the server get spammed but also your Client log (open the console and you see red warnings).
The warnings don’t crash a player, so I tolerated the downside of the HWS Garage ships by now but the warnings tells you what it is:
Too many triangles / objects are around your chunk which affects the game engine / performance in a bad way.

While you can get these warnings even with the Vanilla Config in Singleplayer rarely, it get worse the more Drills you have (= Drill damage + speed + quantity)

Performance goes always first for me and even though I can’t spoil much about Alpha 10, I might say, that this change here could be temporary

HWS Garage Categories

With HWS 9.X we implement a new sub feature for the HWS Garage and Origin Role Play.
Example:

• Federation pay 20% less (credits) for an “Miner” and “Utility” ship
  • Pirate pay 20% less for a “Fighter” and “Tank” ship
  • Freelancer pay 20% less for an “Explorer” ship

So choose your Origin even more wisely :slight_smile:

EDIT:

To make Categories worth the Name and decision, we had to rethink some aspects and it’s actually not so easy I can tell

That being said
 to make the Class “Fighter” really worth the name and not be just useless, because you can put guns yourself later also to Utility SVs for example, we said only Fighter can have max. +2 weapons per type.

See more here again:

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage/4643/2#categories

4 Likes