Community Project | New Feature: EGS Recycle!

I’m scrap all my stuff and I’m not lazy!

1 Like

What if the service was Upgradeable, like the Orbital AMs are. So at t1 you would get 1 scrap token, and it would return at 50%, t2 two scrap tokens at 55% and so on all the way up to 10 scrap tokens to use per week (capped no stack) at 95%?

You get only Steel/combatsteel in exchange, this would simplify the whole procedure ande require less space in th ocd. The few Devices doesn’t matter at all and would be going straight into the factory anyway.

I think an excange of 70% blocks at a rate of 1 RP per Size Class & 2 credits per block (class 4/20k blocks -> costs 40k credits and 4 RP and gives you 14k blocks back)
would be a good way to start with and is also feasible for small ships in early game and bigger ships in late game.

EDIT: 70% could be to much, should be better 50%

1 Like

Throwing in my two cents:

1. Everything returned from the scrapped ship should be in the form of ingots. Returning components is still somewhat exploitable because you are scrapping the ship in an instant but you are getting “time” off of your blueprints by the returned components. Returning ingots will still keep peoples constructors busy and will help keep the scrapyard business going. If you want combat steel and components take it to the scrapyard.

2. I think that 70% return on the scrapped ship is a fair diminished return for using the EGS service. People will still have to farm resources but will give people enough back to not be so afraid to throw their CV into the fray.

3. Payment for the service could be set on a per class or a per 4k block basis. (4k block because a lot of people have pushed the 20k block limit with their CVs. If it is over 16k blocks its full price) You could set pricing check points. Class 1 or up to 4k blocks is 15k credits - Class 2 or up to 8k blocks is 30k credits - Class 3 or up to 12k blocks is 45k - Class 4 or up to 16k blocks is 60k credits - Final stage could be 75k if you did the block method.

4. Personally I don’t like the idea of having to pay Rep for the service. This idea/service is supposed to help reignite the PVP aspect on the server. We will be losing rep already from the fighting. Compacted with having to pay Rep to scrap the ships to get back into the fight seem like a double negative.

On a side note I want to say i think its awesome you guys are acting on this idea. This server is the best this game has to offer and its because of things like this. Thank you Rex and all your staff for the effort. And fuck the haters they just don’t have anything better to do in their Mom’s basement.

1 Like

Yay it’s finaly here :smiley: well almost.

My 2 Cent:

Getting 50% back means your paying 50% of the value of your ship for the service, then on top of that your paying credits and on top of that your paying RP as well it’s a bit much, you would find only the vets using this server and all the new guys won’t find the trade off worth while.

I would suggest 50% of the initial value of the ship turned into ingots and sent straight to ocd without any credit or RP cost’s.(Agreeing with The_Godchild to a point :stuck_out_tongue: ) I feel 70% would make it a no-brainer and people would use this on every ship.

This would make it a hard choice still because your loosing 50% of the ships value but it would open the service up to everyone on the server.

And on a side note it would make people clear their ocd’s of ingots to make sure they never reach cap, which will force hoarders to trade their goods more often, livening up the market place a little.

If you really wan’t credits or RP to play a role in this service then I would suggest a bit of an achievement and something to work towards such as:

Level 1: pay 10RP and 1,000,000 credits for 52% ingots returned.
Level 2: pay 20RP and 2,000,000 credits for 54% ingots returned.
Level 3: pay 50RP and 5,000,000 credits for 56% ingots returned.
Level 4: pay 100RP and 20,000,000 credits for 58% ingots returned.
Level 5: pay 200RP and 60,000,000 credits for 60% ingots returned. (And can be salvaged from anywhere instead of having to take it to a salvaging yard first.)

On a side note: since ingots are returned people will still go to hopskotch to get those in the form of combat blocks keeping his business alive.

1 Like

For Reference (not debate), The NA Scrapyard standard rates are as follows:

Standard base rates:
0-5000 blocks = 55% goes back to the customer
5001 - 10000 blocks = 50% goes back to the customer
10001 + = 45% goes back to the customer

And then a discount structure typically provides a 10% additional discount based on volume, loyalty, new customer, etc… So you can typically assume it’s applied.

Devices did not get returned, only blocks or credits. Cargo/Ammo did not get returned and it did not increase value.

Here’s some fun facts Over the span of the NA Scrapyard Operations:
Total Blocks scrapped: 519,946
Total Vessels Scrapped: 63
Total Block Value provided to customers: 8,912,971 CR
Total Block Value provided to employees: 5,241,015 CR
Average House Profit: 54%
Average Customer profit: 46%
Total contracters employed over time: 6
Customer Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%

The context is there to show that the return values were sufficient for both customer and scrapper to be successful and equitable to the scrapper spending the 2-6 hours scrapping the vessels.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

HA! Funny how your valuation %ages are pretty close to my own rates (after discounting) – you get between 55-65% back from me. May be onto something. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah Im glad to hear from this tool!

I thought its a good idea to make that tool like the AM miner level!

lvl 1-10 and you geth 30-75% of Blocks back. Devices are not needed!

And its a good idea that this tool costs credits. Like 1 Block 2 Credits or something. Then Credits get a sence…
But pls dont use RP for that tool. It would be very sucky enough when all RPs looses on every 2 Months wipe.
Then nobody has enough RP and nobody wants to fight (and loose RP on death) again… Not again pls. Remenber at 5.0 beginning… the first 4 weeks was horrable for pvp

greetings

2 Likes

there is talk here of requiring RP for each demolition - but if new regime is wipe every 2 months, sureLY this is onerous? need to allow peep to easily strip down their favourite ships every 2 months…

This is great idea

1# Can be used anywhere.
2# A time delay until the ship get’s recycled, the timer is just in case the ship is being contested.
3# You only get combat blocks back. This is really the only problem with scrapping ships.
4# 0 RP cost 0 credit cost . There is no point penalizing new players
5# 30 to 50% return. Something where scrappers stay in business.

1 Like

I want to spend more time fighting and less time meticulously repairing big damaged sections of my ship block by block.

I would use this to scrap and reblueprint my ships rather than having to repair them. It would suck if it was too harsh/expensive to use. I feel like an easy ship repair system is overdue.

1 Like

Many things are in the hopper as high desire items, but while we wait, we’re exploring what we CAN do. We’re not getting a BP repair option any time soon. Any suggestions on the possibilities we have today?

Thanks guys.
I think it is was good to ask for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Some things for further feedback:

• if you would use your multi tool you would also get everything back. Not only blocks
  • upgrade levels are needed
  • it is not persistent
  • it has to cost something. Scaleble

Let me get a first release candidate feature set:

EGS level 1

• egs:recycle:id cost 0 credits and 0 rp
  • it gives you only the blocks back. All devices are lost
  • the % of blocks you get back is 30%
  • you can do it only in specific zones (only ships then)

EGS level 2

• egs:upgrade cost you 50k credits and 7 RP
  • it cost you 1 credit per block. 0 rp
  • it gives you only blocks back
  • the % of blocks you get back is 50%
  • you can only do it in specific zones

EGS level 3

• upgrade cost you 1 million credits and 70 RP
  • it cost you 3 credits per block and device
  • it gives you blocks and devices back
  • the % of blocks and devices you get back is 70%
  • you can do it globally (also bases then) after having the structure at least 24 hours under your control

In general will the upgrades not be persistent. After 2 months you start by level 1 again.

That is the first draft. Maybe we split it better to 7 upgrade levels but you get the idea.

3 Likes

I mean this scrap option could substitute for blueprint repair, by making it easy to scrap ships.

Right now it is looking like an expensive service, but why would you want to penalize players that don’t want to be neurotic with the multitool ?

Looks great!

Salvagers still in business :smiley:

24 hours stops a lot of complaining in the future XD (didn’t get a chance to recapture my base back QQ’s)

70% makes it easier to get back into PvP.

My only thought would be that the 70% is a bit cheap the more expensive it is the more salvagers would stay in business, but with the 2 month reset it can’t really reach super high prices, personally I would think 2mil would be decently balanced.

Some quick calculations:

If a salvager with max level wanted to sell his service to people with 50% he would more than likely give them 60% back and keep 10% as profit assuming 10k block average ships that means 1k blocks profit per ship converting that to credits would be around 40k credits per ship 2mil/40k means that the salvager would have to salvage 50 ships within 2 months to make his money back although he would be getting a lot of extra components in the process. (unless people are smart and salvage everything except for blocks before selling) If they wanted to salvage everything by hand they would need to only salvage 1/4th the amount of ships for the same profits 50/4 12.5.

Ahh didn’t see the 70 RP, not sure how hard it is to get 70 RP in 2 months.

Can’t see any exploits.

One thing I would ask is that there is an option without any RP cost that is lower than 70% that can salvage from anywhere for PvP guys that need to salvage pvp bases (Since we won’t have any RP from all our deaths.) Unless maybe loss of RP on death is removed (Crosses fingers :smiley: )

I thought that would be great. RP for updates are ok! Perhaps 70 RP in a 2 Months season is a little bit too much. but we would see. Perhaps 3-4 Million Credits and 30 RP? Makes Credits more worthy again
That tool would be funny!

Looks good :smiley:
But 70RP in one saison could be a bit high and also the devices back wouldn’t make sense for many reasons in my opinion (to much space in ocd required and devices not really valuable…)
Maybe could be adjusted to 20-30 RP without devices.
So for the first iteration i will stay at level 2. :grinning:
Great thanks for that!

I think the general idea here is good! However I also think the cost to use such service in this discussion is to steep to actually bother. The main purpose for this in my opinion is to cut down the players grinding overall in this game so he has more time to actually play the game.

With the current discussed posts it seem to me that we are only re-placing one sort of grinding with another. The ship has already been grinded for with harvesting resources, cooking in factory, loaded with ammo, fuel, O2 and so on. If we are being penalized alot to use the scrapping service I might as well go back to my thrusty multitool…

For that question you first have to know why we have it in first place. Then you might know the answer yourself :wink:

That is an important overall point.

Who knows how the RP works in 6.0, hm!? :wink:

You think to much in “grind” terms. There is no game where you can get into the fun straight away… Counter Strike you need money for weapons, Battlefield you need to unlock better upgrades and even in Quake you need first to run to the gun spot. Whatever you define as grind.

Or take real life: 成都敌空航天信息有限公司

Scrapping is a highly cost intense process and it won’t be for free. Forget it. At least see above… on level 1 maybe for the dirty 30% work.

We are the pioneer again. Later Eleon will implement a device for it maybe. But even for that you need components to build it. So yeah…

2 Likes

yea at the minimum you should get 70% if its 50% its still worth it for big ships.
so to be fair lets limit by class size
class

1 Like